1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

tag team feature, Yay or Nay

Discussion in 'General' started by Poppa, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Poppa

Poppa Well-Known Member

Should VF get a tag team feature?

I'm very curious as to how it would work and how they would implement it.

Just as a feature, so that even if it doesn't work out great, we still got the good old one on one.

Thoughts, opinions....

2. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

smoke crack!

3. Poppa

Poppa Well-Known Member

Why don't mind if I do...

4. Crazy_Galaxy

Crazy_Galaxy Well-Known Member

Once upon a time there was a game called VF3 tb...

5. RagingSilver

RagingSilver Well-Known Member

I guess he was referring to actually tagging in as apposed to taking it in turns per round Ollie :p

It would be a nice side feature away from the main one-on-one classic. They could always design a special stage for the event like they did in DOA2 I think it was. If it's there for fun, I don't see why they can't put it in. Prolly see some fun combo's from fans.

6. Poppa

Poppa Well-Known Member

Yep, I was referring to actually switching mid round.

Also, what are the chances VF5 would get a survival mode or team based modes (5 on 5) kinda like vf3tb I suppose, or whatever else there may out there these days.

If I had one gripe with VF4: evo, is that it was lacking these sorts of things. It just adds an extra layer of fun to a fighting game.

7. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

Does it? You can unlock extramodes to use like ironman etc in Evo - it has more of these modes then any previous vf. I don't think anybody plays them though; I know I don't.

/KiwE

8. Poppa

Poppa Well-Known Member

I guess you're right. But it would be nice to have though, even if you only use it once every blue moon. A nice change of pace sometimes is good right?

9. Crazy_Galaxy

Crazy_Galaxy Well-Known Member

yep sure is , it's called OTHER games /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

10. Trojan X

Trojan X Well-Known Member

Personally I cannot see why not. I was involved in a martial art tournament where I needed a tag partner. It was all about points and team work which decided the victor - my team came 4th btw. The tag tournament was based in the ring (boxing square circle/ring).

So, yes, I would love to have a real tag tournament in VF5 if it was based in a similar setting, a ring.

11. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

tag is so 90's.

HEELLL NO

12. RagingSilver

RagingSilver Well-Known Member

I say if Sega have the time to implement it then let them but if it's part of the main game then screw it.

Either way, I ain't fussy if they put it in but only has a side feature as mentioned before.

13. vanity

vanity Well-Known Member

vf is the caviar of fighting games.

to me, in most 3d fighters, tagging seems to be more like a gimmick. so no.

14. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

As most have said, if it was to be an 'extra mode' then yes, it would be fantastic to try tagging, could implement special moves with cetain teams (Pai+Lau, Jacky+Sarah, Wolf+Blaze etc).
    I can't see it would do much harm, as long as serious players didn't adopt it as the main way to play, and all ranking battles/meetings/gatherings;tournaments were still 1 on 1.

15. a12345a

a12345a New Member

16. Taiyoken

Taiyoken Member

Well... I wouldn't mind if VF had Tag Team mode. It would be quite nice to play with Pai+Lau, Sarah+Jacky, Wolf+El Blaze and so on.

17. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member