1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Taka: Ask a question, get an answer

Discussion in 'Taka' started by YOMI, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

The only thing guaranteed after block, hit or CH is a jab. I can't struggle it fast enough to avoid a P+K headbutt afterwards, personally.

You can also set it up as a meaty making P+K guaranteed.

2. MakiLeSushi

MakiLeSushi Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    wait, i test it there is no stagger when the opponent get hit, that s why i asked for that... But it was tested while i did the dojo command list vs dural, if u can try u ll see

3. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

4. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    mh, maybe it s only on dojo command list u can t see the stagger ty

5. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    And all this time I thought the headbutt is guaranteed..

MakiLeSushi likes this.
  6. Modelah

Modelah Well-Known Member VFDC Translator Content Manager Taka

PSN:
    Modelah
    I thought it was too... hahaha

:oops:

MakiLeSushi likes this.
  7. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Just a question. When 426p becomes a launcher. Sometimes it makes float sometimes not. Any1 can explain me properties of this move? I mean all properties...

8. Modelah

PSN:
    Modelah
    It has armor against single arm punch/elbow moves that don't knock down, and launches on CH. Basic combo 426PCH, 6_P, 6P+KPP. Will wall splat on CH. I don't do it but I've seen it used to bound in combos/wall combos sometimes too. At 25f too slow to poke with and -8 on block. Dunno, but like 4P+K+G follow up strikes might blow through it, I'll have to check.

jimi Claymore and MakiLeSushi like this.
  9. Modelah

PSN:
    Modelah
    AFAIK, @MakiLeSushi 426P will minor CH (blue flash) P and 6P and other attacks less than 24pts damage, and major CH (yellow flash) moves with 25+pts of damage which will float the opp. It loses to 2P. Too slow to interrupt strings unless you're lucky, but it can counter delayed attacks after 6P, eg. Lau's 6PP. Not so good against chars with P strings but better against the likes of Akira and Wolf.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
    Ellis, Mister and MakiLeSushi like this.
  10. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

That's not entirely correct.

Minor CH always happens if you hit a move during it's recovery frames while major CH happens if you hit a move during its start-up or active frames.

426P has armor against high and mid punches and elbows. It often minor counters whatever it "parries" because it's still recovering but if it's a string and you interrupt the next hit (or just land a lucky CH) it floats the opponent. Normal hit and minor counter do not cause a float. If the string has a really fast follow-up it can interrupt 426P because it only armors through one hit.

Note that it does not work on moves that knock down (or moves that knock down on CH).

I don't know if it works on heavies but a combo I do afterwards on most cast if I'm fooling around with Taka is CH 426P, 6_P, 6KPP. There's probably something better on lights but that works on mids and heavy mids (or at least the ones I've done it against).

Ellis, Mister, Modelah and 2 others like this.
  11. Modelah

PSN:
    Modelah
    Ellis likes this.
  12. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Who are considered the top/active Takas right now? Thanks!