1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Taka Combos

Discussion in 'Taka' started by Reno, May 29, 2012.

1. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

I've done a test only vs Shun and yes, it works. It's hilarious how easy it is to pull off. I'll check some more characters in the week end and update the combo list.
    Thanks for the input maki.

MakiLeSushi likes this.
  2. NGKrush

NGKrush Well-Known Member

PSN:
    de_kroet
    XBL:
    de kroet
    i tested on other characters. thought it might be weight specific so i tested on pai and sarah and that are one step heavier and lighter than him but it doesn't work on them. full or half walls. lau also didn't work, nor did lion and jean.

it did work on:
    shun
    el blaze
    aoi
    eileen

i feel like it is a weight thing, so i didn't check the rest of the cast

interesting find though, very nice!

Mister and MakiLeSushi like this.
  3. Jason Elbow

Jason Elbow Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    This on Jeff right?

4. NGKrush

PSN:
    de_kroet
    XBL:
    de kroet
    I have a question about this combo next to the wall (opponents back towards wall)
    [6][3][2][1][4][P][+][K],[P][+][K],[P],[3][3][P][+][K]
    Why does this sometimes create a wall slump, and other times it doesn't?
    does it have to do with ch/nh where the 33p+k might go over the wallslump threshhold on ch, but not nh, or is it a hitbox/collider thing so it only works on certain characters or certain distances?
    I can't get a consistant answer if I use the throw, or just immediately go for p+k into the combo

5. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

by [6][3][2][1][4][P][+][K] which move do you mean? Taka doesn't have that comand. Did you mean [4][1][2][3][6][P][+][K] or [6][3][2][1][4][P] ?

6. Jason Elbow

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    [4]
    [4][1][2][3][6][P][+][K] is the guard break and [6][3][2][1][4] [P] is the big hand chop right?

7. NGKrush

PSN:
    de_kroet
    XBL:
    de kroet
    aah, i mean the throw:
    [6][3][2][1][4][P][+][G]

8. Jason Elbow

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Oh the throw you can combo from

9. NGKrush

PSN:
    de_kroet
    XBL:
    de kroet
    haha, so to make it clear:
    when the opponent is at the wall and you do:
    HCBthrow,p+k,p,33p+k
    sometimes the 33p+k will give a wallslump, sometimes not. I was wondering if you guys know why it sometimes happens and other times doesn't. same goes for p+k,p,33p+k at the wall. it seems to be random for some reason for me.

10. Mister

Well, without an example it's hard to immagine the situation you are in. The 2 main factor for combos to work are Weight and distance. Also angle is a variable to keep in mind. If you can remember any specific example I could try to reproduce it in the dojo to go into details.

11. Jason Elbow

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Yeah i know that [3][3][P][+][K] sometimes wallsplat. But like what Mister says it may depend on weight/distance/angle.