1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Taka floats

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by AlexMD, Feb 26, 2001.

1. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

Hey does anyone know if you can put taka's d/f p in a float?.

I thought I heard about combo's using it but I can't seem to use the classic buffering method,what about Pai's d/f p?

2. Gnug315

Gnug315 Well-Known Member

Pai's d/f+p? buffering? floats? don't quite see what you're getting at, sorry :)

(also not sure which Taka move is d/f+p, but that's another matter ;)

3. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Pai's d/f+p? buffering? floats? don't quite see what you're getting at, sorry :)

I'm sure he's talking about the fact that both Pai and Taka's df+P will result in a ground hit when the opponent is in the air. Much like Shun's classic df+P followup after a chouwan, I would expect you just held the df before you pressed P. In fact I'm sure I have a kurita combo back home involving a few DF+P+Ks and finishing with a nice df+P.

4. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

Well I know shun's combo's where you just buffer in d/f to get the uppercut (and not the ground hit) but this method will not work with Taka so I'm more than a little confused as to how :p

5. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    The buffering/holding df in advance only works if that character's df+P is the same as their DF+P. Taka's and Pai's are not the same.

So for Taka, do a df, P.
    For Pai, I'm not sure. Someone else may know, but now that I think of it, I've never seen or heard of a Pai combo that had the df+P (low blue fist, not the ground hit) in there. Maybe not possible?

6. Gnug315

Gnug315 Well-Known Member

Don't think I've seen it. Might possibly have, once or twice. Utterly useless in a float, ofcourse - but perhaps that's the beauty of doing it? :)

7. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

taka: after float, do this quick: d/f, neutral, d, neutral, d/f+p at the right time (timing issues). thats the way it works for me.
    there's a movie of it here: http://virtuafighter.com/war/m_combos.mpg

pai: never seen it done.

<font color=red>PICCOLO</font color=red>
    fuck spelling!

8. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    taka: after float, do this quick: d/f, neutral, d, neutral, d/f+p at the right time (timing issues). thats the way it works for me.

err, all that isn't necessary. a simple df, P works fine as I already mentioned earlier. if that wasn't explicit enough then:

- neutral
    - tap df
    - while still holding df, press P

9. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

AFAIK - it's not possible to execute a low blue fist with Pai once the opponent is airborne.

Just imagine the insanity of being able to df+P,P,f+P in floats.

cheers,

<font color=white> Llanfair the prized <font color=green>cabbage</font color=green></font color=white>

10. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Hmmm, could you mean Pai's D,f+P maybe?

ice-9

11. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

My sentiments exactly.
    Every time I tried, no matter how much I delay or hasten the command, it just would not work!

<font color=red>SummErs' 'mibu's lone wolf'

12. Sudden_Death

myke, a simple d/f+p just wont work, u have to
    'modify' it somehow. if it was that simple then
    how come ppl are getting his ground punch?

fuck spelling!

13. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    man, pic, look back and re-read what I wrote.

I never once said df+P.

I said df,P.

If I have to explain to you the difference between the two inputs then I'm gonna cry :)

14. Sudden_Death

I stand corrected.

yeah i guess i didnt pay much attention to that
    notation, and yes indeed that is the correct
    command and works 100%. I feel like an idiot.
    props for myke!

fuck spelling!