1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

TAKE THAT! holla!

Discussion in 'Wolf' started by Chief_Flash, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    lemme help some of you suckas out there who dreams to be part of HEAVY RAPE! playing or winning with wolf is not easy. well, it might be easy to beat noobs all day, *aheh* kamais *aheh* [​IMG] but when facing some of the greats(u kno who u are), it becomes an arduous task. bottom line, if you want to be successful with wolf, you have to emphasize defense, patience, oki, and guaranteed damage. WOLF IS NOT A STRIKING CHARACTER NOR IS HE A FAST ONE. however, he has MANY tools and tricks that leave your opponent into a guessing game situation...and when wolf guesses correctly, u already know its total pwnage! also, when a player faces wolf, he/she is already scared shitless of throws so use that mental state to maintain advantage and to establish a good offensive flow. [​IMG]

i'll start by helping you understand the aspect of guaranteed damage.

for example: if you block brad's Teep Combination, [K][P][K], wolf's [P] is guaranteed. reason: brad's Teep Combination, when blocked, leaves him at -12 frame disadvantage. wolf's punch happens to execute at 12 frames, hence making it the ONLY guaranteed attack.

another example: if you block Jeffry's knee attack, it leaves him at -15 frame disadvantage, so this time wolf has quite a few more options than just [P]. after successfully blocking jeff's knee, wolf can follow with,

1. [P] (12 frame)
    2. [2][P] (12 frame)
    3. [1][6][P][P][P] Elbow Rush 3 (13 frame) *NEEDS at least -14 for all 3 hits to be guaranteed
    4. [​IMG][3][6][P] Reverse Sledge hammer (14 frame) *NEEDS at least -15 unless you have godlike buffering skills
    5. [6][3][2][1][4][P] Screw hook (14 frame)
    6. [3][P] Arrow knuckle (15 frame)
    7. [4][P] Elbow butt (15 frame)

In this case however, wolf's best choices of attack would be
    a) [P],[K] - +4 advantage on hit, pressure's opponent to guess
    b) [1][6][P][P][P] - all 3 hits are guaranteed - situates opponent for oki
    c) [4][P] - guaranteed follow up combo

Eventhough VFDC already has the complete command list for all the characters, i've went ahead a compiled wolf's useful moves in the order of execution speed.

Exe Spd - Move

(12) - Straight Hammer, [P]
    (12) - Low Hammer, [2][P]
    (12) - Straight Hammer, [6_][P]
    (13) - Elbow Rush 1, [1][6][P]
    (14) - Reverse Sledge Hammer, [​IMG][3][6][P]
    (14) - Screw Hook, [6][3][2][1][4][P]:
    (15) - Arrow Knuckle, [3][P]
    (15) - Elbow Butt, [4][P]
    (16) - Dragon Knuckle, [6][P][+][K]
    (16) - Sobat, [4][K]
    (16) - Low Smash, [1][K]
    (16) - Comet Hook, [1][P]
    (16) - Body Blow, [6][P]
    (16) - Vertical Smash, [​IMG][3][P]
    (16) - High Kick, [K]
    (17) - Regret Discharge, [3][3][P][+][K]
    (17) - Heavy Toe Kick, [4][P][+][K]
    (17) - Hick Kick, [6_][K]
    (17) - Low Drop Kick, [6][2][K]
    (17) - Knee Lift, [6][K]
    (18) - Tomahawk Chop, [9][P]
    (18) - Face-Lift Kick, [3][K]
    (18) - Quick Shoulder, [6][6][P][+][K]
    (20) - Neck Cut Kick, [8][K][+][G]
    (20) - Short Shoulder, [4][6][P][+][K]
    (21) - Kenka Kick, [1][K][+][G]
    (21) - Grizzly Lariat, [3][P][+][K]
    (22) - Ogre Slash, [6][3][2][1][4][P][+][K]
    (23) - Bounding Elbow, [9][P][+][K]
    (24) - Ogre Chop, [4][1][2][3][6][P][+][K]
    (24) - Death Scythe, [K][+][G]
    (24) - Level Back Crush, [P][+][K]
    (24) - Drop Kick, [9][K]
    (26) - Rolling Sobat, [6][K][+][G]

your next step is to understand what moves you can punish vs your opponent (whoever that may be). i'll help progress your training by showing you what moves you can punish vs AKIRA. punishment is entirely up you, but i strongly suggest max damage punishment. regardless, the moves u choose to punish with must be guaranteed (check above). all these moves are directly taken from VFDC's command list. also, IT IS YOUR DUTY TO FAMILIARIZE YOURSELF WITH THE ANIMATIONS OF THESE MOVES!!!

AKIRA

Disadv - Move

(-13) - Standing Knee, [K][+][G](1 Frame)
    (-13) - Crumbling Hand to Elbow, [3][P][+][K][+][G],[P]
    (-13) - Offensive move kick
    (-14) - Senzankou, [6][6][P][+][K]
    (-14) - Youshisaiken, [K][+][G],[P]
    (-14) - Shin Kick, [2][K]
    (-15) - Evading Body Check
    (-15) - Single Jumping Kick, [6][6][K]
    (-15) - Low Kick, [1][K]
    (-15) - Youhou, [3][3][P]
    (-15) - Double Palm, [​IMG][1][6][P]
    (-24) - Body Check, [4][6][6][P][+][K]
    (-25) - Double Jumping Kick, [6][6][K][K]

and there you have it. remember wolf's 4 keys to victory. once you familiarize yourself with guaranteed situations, i GUARANTEE you will be a stronger player. [​IMG]

til next time! more strats coming soon! HOLLA IF YA HEAR ME! [​IMG]

2. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

HOLLA HOLLA HOLLA!!!

3. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

Once again, I feel incredibly embarrassingly white, but holla!

4. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

/me doesn't holla

Great stuff there though Flash [​IMG]

5. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

I've very much enjoyed what you've written but I *still* can't hear you from over here!

holla?

6. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

Nice guide, i really apreciate that [​IMG] HOLLA HOLLA whatever it means [​IMG]

7. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Griever_PL
    Wow, Flash himself writing about Wolf? Holla! You must've been reeeeeealy bored [​IMG] Anyway, great stuff, and funny [​IMG] (Kamais - noob, lol'd)

8. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    I don't hear you so no HOLLA's, all it took was reading the second line [​IMG]

EDIT: Fuck what I said I want to become a better Wolf player and win some mirror's HOLLA!

9. Chief_Flash

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    from urbandictionary.com:

holla

June 11, 2009 Urban Word of the Day
    1. A word used to acknowledge the presence of a fellow companion
    2. For a man to express interest in a particularly impressive female specimen
    3. To contact via telephone
    1. Is that mah boy ova there? HOLLAAAAA!
    2. Watch out, I'm bout to holla at this fine bitch.
    3. Boy, it was absolutely magnificent to see you again. Holla at me this evening, we can have tea and crumpets.

SO HOLLA! [​IMG]

10. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    HOLLA! *aheh* [​IMG]

11. The_Shunjinkogh

The_Shunjinkogh Well-Known Member

HOLLA! HOLLA! HOLLA!

12. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    Will 9P > 6p+g work on minor counter? That'd be dope

13. Chief_Flash

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    no, only MC [​IMG]

14. MAtteoJHDY

MAtteoJHDY Well-Known Member

Erm...HOLLA!

Chief, there is one thing that I still don't get.

OK I know I need to have say 12F advantage to know that my P will connect;

But a lot of moves when blocked will not give me so much advantage. So once I recognize the big advantage, fine, but what about when my opponent is not letting himself open with a big move?

This is one of the reasons I could never bring myself to use yoho on my opponents. I was worried in my mind that it was too slow and useless. But I need to use a big move in order to do some damage! otherwise I'll end up P and 2P all the time?!

15. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

I think that one is definitely me.

16. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Coffee and crumpets for me, holla if ya hear me?!

17. Chief_Flash

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    how can you play akira without using yoho??? [​IMG] anyways, if you and your opponent is at the same level, it all boils down to yomi...who can outguess who first. there's nothing wrong about playing safe. in fact, it's encouraged in VF5. sometimes, though, you just gotta trust ur gut instinct. for example, if you evade a particularly big move, such as pai's [P][+][K] in boukutai stance (correct me if im wrong), your best option is probably to yohou for big damage. while it's good to play by the book, holla at ur instincts once in a while mate! [​IMG]

18. Oioron

Oioron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

To add to what Flash said...You can maximize the chances of Yoho hitting by picking the spots where it will most likely beat a ton of moves.

You can do this by looking at the frames. Yoho is 18 frames in execution. With that knowledge i can posit that it's best used when you have +8 advantage. That way you beat your opponents attacks from a lightweight 10f punch and anything slower in theory (some moves have special evade properties that may skew the frame theory).

You can do it with +4 too and still be able to beat an elbow. You can basically apply this theory with any moves.

19. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    No it propably aint, because after evading something, Akiras yoho cant hit the wide side of an aircraft carrier let alone opponent.

Personally I use yoho very little. Using it always makes me angry because it whiffs in explicably. I do use it time to time though.

20. Chief_Flash

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    wtf manji. i can get short shoulder for free after i evade that. and short shoulder is 20!!!!

why not double check before ASSuming? [​IMG]