1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

TAKE THAT! holla!

Discussion in 'Wolf' started by Chief_Flash, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

HOLLA

2. SicilianVizzini

SicilianVizzini Well-Known Member

Great thread, Holla

Naturally the AI has conditioned me not to use most of those Akira moves as openers. Although the one I do use from time to time against the later Wolf AIs or against a real opponent is [4][6][6][P]+[K] body check at -24 frames on guard. Strangely it hasn’t always been vulnerable to [P] or [2][P] in game (as the frames guide implies) and so I went to check this in the dojo after reading your thread. Wolf was set to guard then counter hit 1 ([P]), and then counter hit 2 ([2][P]) for my tests.

It seems that if Akira’s body check move is launched from a far enough distance away from Wolf, and the pair (Akira and Wolf) are in opposite stance (one closed, one open), then the fast follow up of standing [P] doesn’t hit Akira on VF5b in the dojo, missing his head and arm.
    The distance of the two characters after resetting the dojo with the SELECT button, definitely works to leave Akira safe.
    On Guard counter hit 2, Akira also remained safe from the [2][P] move on any stance, but the distance of Wolf being pushed back by Akira in both scenarios was important. As expected it certainly didn’t hold true when the move was guarded near a fence, where Wolf couldn’t move back fully.

Unfortunately because of the limited dojo options I’m unable to check the other bigger reaching moves by Wolf (that execute in under 24 frames) that you listed, am I right in thinking the distance Akira pushed Wolf wouldn’t have saved him from these?

3. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    yes, distance is definitely a factor. but a good wolf player would never think about doing [P] after blocking akira's body check when short shoulder is guaranteed and would not miss! [​IMG]

p.s. when referring to stance, both players are either in open or close stance. u can't have 2 different stances at once.

for example: / / = closed stance, / \ = open stance

ya dig?

4. SicilianVizzini

SicilianVizzini Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. It's all helping improve my game.

5. ChiefGutti

ChiefGutti Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ChiefGutti
    XBL:
    ChiefGuttiWolf
    Flash!!! This is the man who's put me back into Wolf state! Hopefully I can represent Team Rape with some decent Toe-kick stunning!

6. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Holla! from another white boy.
    Good, concise write up Flash.
    It points new players in the right direction to improve.

I don't think I'd survive without Sarah's 10 frame punch the way I currently play... [​IMG]

"Go back home!" "Take that!"

7. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

<object width="480" height="295"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T9x8MenjAmc"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T9x8MenjAmc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="480" height="295"> </embed></object>

8. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

This is real VF love right here. Sharing hard-earned VF knowledge to help others step their game up. JOLLA!

9. KingofcarnageVF

KingofcarnageVF Well-Known Member

Thanks Chief, Holla Holla Holla Holla Holla Holla @ cha Boy!

10. Chief_Flash

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
  11. CobiyukiOS

CobiyukiOS Well-Known Member

Ah, Wolf. Do you remember when in VF4 Evo when [P][+][G] into wall was like a minor wall stagger, and [P][K] was guaranteed for 74 dmg, or you can do a [4][P] combo if he didn't guard. Do you remember the combo of doom, CH max[P][+][K] > [4][P] > 270[6][P][+][G]? 160 damage that was [​IMG]. And the ultimate: CH [6][K][+][G] slow stagger > [P][+][K] wall hit > [4][P] > 270[6][P][+][G] for 175 dmg [​IMG]. Or you could just [6][P] > low throw after a stagger [​IMG].

12. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

Erm, in 5, [P]+[G] into wall at the right distance is still like that and TKS is guaranteed after for 102 points of damage.

Full charge [P]+[K] wasn't just limited to CH either. It worked on normal hit too. Also, [6][P] on stagger to low throw still works in 5, but it's not that good an idea as it's just asking to be escaped.

While [4][P] lost the special stagger property in 5, in R his new [3][P] has gained it, so Wolf can combo into throws again.

Edit: [​IMG]

13. Chief_Flash

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    ok lemme [​IMG] at this thread...

[P]+[G] from the right distance also grants [3][3][P]+[K] guaranteed.

hahahaha ASH are you implying that no one knew how to escape low throws before VF5?!?

/end [​IMG]

14. HokutoNoCat

HokutoNoCat Well-Known Member

This is not a frame question, actually the Yoho should hit. But Yoho just whiff(s?) a lot, especially after evade. It's like your arm just go through the opponent's body without hitting it.