1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Taking out a good Akira player.....I can't!

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by marcel, Feb 15, 2002.

1. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Yeah, they'll hit Akira, but most characters' dodge attacks are absolute crap--easily countered when blocked.

Well, you shouldn't execute the P+K+G unless you know it'll hit.

2. marcel

marcel Well-Known Member

Wow, I beat the living he double hockey sticks out of him. Thanks! I was perdictable, thats why he was so good against me.

3. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

I've noticed with some akiras (not just one in particular) that if you're the one applying most of the pressure you'll take away his intentions of throwing you.(as with anyone else thinking "oh lemme MC!) Just guess right and you'll look like a champ, guess wrong and face the wrath of some powerful shit after SDE or SPoD or whatever the fuck he feels like murdering you with...

Sounds crazy I know, but I have the most success this way. When I make the Akira forget about his throws it gives me the confidence to block when I see him dash in. BELIEVE me when I say you feel like shit when someone gets f,b P+G, u, P+K, SDE, dblpm. I GARRRRUNNNNTEEEE IT!!

4. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

Jerk... you must learn ways of the 100point GS in order to defeat the darkside of Akira!!! Use the new GS Jerk, use the cheese Jerk!
    On serious note, the 100 point GS is total fucking sick. Once you get it down, you'll know what I mean.

5. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

can you really use the 100 pt swing vs. live humans in normal situations though, or just vs. the computer? I mean it's only good for minor counters I think (try f,f then HCF+PG in six frames... tough..)

And of course for minor counters people will escape.
    All of that for exactly 80 pts if they TR.

6. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

I think you could use the 100pt swing to minor counter blocked knees and other attacks that you only need to enter in a throw after blocking and don't need to dash forward. For people good with half circle motions, I don't see it being that tough. The only saving grace is that everyone will be reversing f+P+G, so it will be hard for Wolf's to get the throw in that situation. Wolf did not need this power up IMHO.

7. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

like I said, it's useless as a dash-in-close-and-surprise them throw... only useful for minor counters. And if you know the other guy can do it, you'll just double escape for twirl and something else.

Wolf got it only because people bitched that the regular GS can be teched for what, 70 pts or something? It's just crappy now.

8. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

Heehe, quite on the contrary I think it's only useful as a surpise throw. GS is completely useless if you are only trying to nail it on mC. It will be escaped every single time( right jerk?). IMO mC isn't all that useful in vf4, better use that frame advantage for something other than the obvious. GSing on stuff like LP MC, QRers work wonders.
    Getting into the technical side, you don't need to do f,f,qcf+pg all in 6 frames. You just need to enter all inputs after b (db,d,df,f+pg) in around 6 frames to get it. I've held b for like 40 frames and still get the 100pointer. not sure how things with the pad though, but your luck might be different. But yea you do need to do it VERY fast. On the teching the GS thing, the timing is quite strict. I eat alot more 80 point normal GSes than the 60 point ones. 100 vs 60 = ouch! I will learn to abuse this move.

9. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

I think Wolf can live without 100pt GS.(if you really wanna call it that) I'm fine with knee, P, b+P, or knee, d+P, reverse hammer. Throwing needs to be done sparingly sometimes when you realize the person is escaping your most powerful throws. Shang your DTE on f+PG and b+PG is saving your ass on wall combos. Bitch,.....take a throw once and a while /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

10. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

I can't imagine hitting this as a surprise throw. Someone else noticed that the first and last input can be held down as long as you want... still seems tough too. My typical GS has one or two extra frames somewhere. Of course, that's pad.
    Stick might feel very natural.

As for the tech thing... one of the early trials (like 3B or something) has you tech a GS.. I found out you can spaz the tech roll on it. So no reason to ever eat the 80 points. Just hold down or up and mash PKG. I know, it's not elegant.

Anyway, we basically agree here... using it on minor counter is too easily escaped, so imo it's kinda useless. Better to SSD or HCB+P+G multi.

11. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

Well, there's always more than one way to catch a fish in the sea. Thanks for the spaz tip, works like a charm.

12. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Ack! I wish the spazzing TR would not work... I prefer showing off my mad timing skeelz... /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif