1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Talk to me about diagonal inputs on a hitbox

Discussion in 'Joysticks and Other Controllers' started by Goldfish, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Goldfish

Goldfish Member

So, I'm a hitbox player. Standard controllers tend to hurt my hands lol. But my trouble is the diagonal inputs. Like, quarter motions, back,down,forward are very strange. Let me show you;

image.jpg

If you're unfamiliar with hitbox (well, this one at least) the white buttons are my directions. My ring finger is on back, middle on down, pointer forward and the large white button is used by the thumb of my other hand for up/jump. I'm sure you can see how the jump button location makes some inputs ... Difficult to put it mildly lol.

Anyone have any tips? Is there a button layout you think could make it less awkward? Will I adjust, or should I consider a new controller for this? Any advice is greatly appreciated :D

2. cobratron

cobratron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

It just takes time; after that itbecomes second nature. Remember to take breaks after long practice sessions. Each time you come back to the Hitbox your muscle memory will kick in and you'll realize how much more accustomed you are to it than previously.

Goldfish likes this.
  3. cobratron

cobratron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter