1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

tap throw tactics with jacky

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by ShinJin, Sep 28, 2001.

1. ShinJin

ShinJin Well-Known Member

sups ppl, i'm new to VF and i have no tactics as of now, i just randomly throw out moves that other ppl told me were good :p like f+p,k, and p+k, p,
    as you can tell this strategy is somewhat limited and repetitive, so as of now i've decided to improve my jacky game starting with throwing (as imho throws are a big part of VFs game play, and tap throw seems to be the strongest part of throwing in all games :p)

as of now i only have two lame tap throw set ups to my name , so if you guys would be so kind as to help me out here i'd be very grateful.
    well, i'll start the ball rolling with my two cents

d/f+p,p, f,b+p+g

d+p+k,k, f,f+p+g

they my look scrubby or totally shit but the worked for me :p

i only win from your mistakes, not my skill

2. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

These work well for 3, not sure about 4:

P,P -> throw / BKC / ESK (one P to start works)
    d/b+P+K -> throw / ESK

For 4, his new move (the one where he runs back) might work. Cancel the kick and throw. Alternate with P / ESK.

3. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

A pretty basic throw setup is PP, throw (mix it with PP, f+P)

and F+P,K,G, throw (PK fake into throw)

Also, a new guessing game in effect that looks pretty good is

d/f, D/F ... (crouch dash) into either the d/f,d/f+P+G or D/F+P ...
    to do the d/f d/f throw, you just have to follow the crouch dash with P+G. As long as you press P+G within about 3/4ths of a second of pressing d/f, D/F, it will come out as the sadistic hanging knee (although this didn't work in 3).

D/F+P is also a new move for Jacky so it won't work on your dreamcast.

/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>~~~ Don't make me rape you with a sharp stick ~~~/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>

4. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

Hmmm... I was pretty sure you could delay the hanging knee like the crucifix on the DC, now I have to try it out :)

5. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

I might test it too, I'm told that all d/f, D/F throws are non delayable in VF3 and TB, or that the delay is like 1/20th of a second. No full CD's in any case. Another case of TB trying to be so fair that it's almost boring =)

/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>~~~ Don't make me rape you with a sharp stick ~~~/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>