tap throw tactics with jacky

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by ShinJin, Sep 28, 2001.

1. ShinJin

ShinJin Well-Known Member

sups ppl, i'm new to VF and i have no tactics as of now, i just randomly throw out moves that other ppl told me were good :p like f+p,k, and p+k, p,
    as you can tell this strategy is somewhat limited and repetitive, so as of now i've decided to improve my jacky game starting with throwing (as imho throws are a big part of VFs game play, and tap throw seems to be the strongest part of throwing in all games :p)

as of now i only have two lame tap throw set ups to my name , so if you guys would be so kind as to help me out here i'd be very grateful.
    well, i'll start the ball rolling with my two cents

d/f+p,p, f,b+p+g

d+p+k,k, f,f+p+g

they my look scrubby or totally shit but the worked for me :p

i only win from your mistakes, not my skill

2. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

These work well for 3, not sure about 4:

P,P -> throw / BKC / ESK (one P to start works)
    d/b+P+K -> throw / ESK

For 4, his new move (the one where he runs back) might work. Cancel the kick and throw. Alternate with P / ESK.

3. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

A pretty basic throw setup is PP, throw (mix it with PP, f+P)

and F+P,K,G, throw (PK fake into throw)

Also, a new guessing game in effect that looks pretty good is

d/f, D/F ... (crouch dash) into either the d/f,d/f+P+G or D/F+P ...
    to do the d/f d/f throw, you just have to follow the crouch dash with P+G. As long as you press P+G within about 3/4ths of a second of pressing d/f, D/F, it will come out as the sadistic hanging knee (although this didn't work in 3).

D/F+P is also a new move for Jacky so it won't work on your dreamcast.

/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>~~~ Don't make me rape you with a sharp stick ~~~/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>

4. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

Hmmm... I was pretty sure you could delay the hanging knee like the crucifix on the DC, now I have to try it out :)

5. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

I might test it too, I'm told that all d/f, D/F throws are non delayable in VF3 and TB, or that the delay is like 1/20th of a second. No full CD's in any case. Another case of TB trying to be so fair that it's almost boring =)

/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>~~~ Don't make me rape you with a sharp stick ~~~/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>