1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[TEA PARTY] The Official Toronto VF thread

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Llanfair, Feb 6, 2003.

1. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

After an internal issue with horses, we've officially changed our team name to the Tea Party. Not in reference to the historical act, nor for the great Canadian band. We love tea. Milk and sugar, straight up. (or with a little lemon if you're BMF)

The official beverage of Toronto VFers.

2. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

TEA!

3. Cappo

Cappo Well-Known Member

Ok /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

4. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

cool name /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

i like

5. Akebono

Akebono Well-Known Member

Of course, not to be confused with Iced Tea. Us southerners always refer to Iced tea as tea, and What the canadians call tea, we call it Hot tea. How weird.

6. stompoutloud

stompoutloud Well-Known Member

The chinese call it tea. Since it is only hot tea for us chinese people.

7. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

We don't have any ice back in China. Only hot tea is possible. /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

8. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

<h1>TEA CHAPS@#!$!</h1>

<h2>tea monkeys?</h2>

<h3>cock T's!</h3>

<h6=tiny>nevermind<h6>

9. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

just a little side info: The runner up names were

3. God-eat-Gang
    2. KB-Chaps
    1. The Llanfairies

number one gave us all tons of laughs but was hardly a name we wanted to live with for any length of time.

Now, lets all stop talking about varieties of tea.

GE

10. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    LOL - "llanfairies".

I love tea with milk and sugar as well. YUM

11. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I love tea with milk and sugar as well. YUM

[/ QUOTE ]

Move to TO and join the team! Everyone, party's in TO.

cheers,
    kbcat -- drinking tea with milk and honey right now :p

12. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

Anyone watch too many movies?

"My what a lovely tea party!"

13. Akebono

Akebono Well-Known Member

"Now do it slow, and sexy And when your done, say 'ohh what a lovely tea party'!"

Jay and Silent Bob strike back

14. Llanfair

[TEA PARTY] Friday Feb 7th.

Heya gang,

Unfortunately, I cannot host any playing this evening. Apologies. Reno, BMF, can you guys PM me your phone numbers? I'll give you a shout to arrange leaving for Rochester tomorrow morning.

cheers,

15. princewhipple

princewhipple Member

Re: [TEA PARTY] Friday Feb 7th.

Llanfair, we spoke couple weeks ago about my visit to Toronto. my name is Vinny and I fly in on Sunday from S.F. I'll be around for about 4days. How do I find the arcade and hopefully you cats?

16. Proof

Proof Well-Known Member

Hey guys ~ Some of my friends and I are planning to goto Playdium in Mississauga and I'm wondering if they have a Evo machine there...If there is then maybe we can meet up there and play some =] We are planning to go on Feb. 21.

17. Llanfair

I'm pretty sure that there's not single incarnation of VF at Playdium. No VF4, 3,2,1...zilch.

If you want to get in some Evo - best place is Metro Square (Steeles, just 1km east of the 404). Hopefully, you can arrange to head up to Metro. Let us know if that's possible and I'm sure we could get people together.

It's been a few weeks since we had an Evo bash...I'll get on that /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

cheers,

18. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

I haven't been to the big playdium off of highway 10 but in the Thornhill area (Bathurst and Steeles) there is a playdium with VF3 and VF4. No Evo. Or rather they didn't have Evo months ago. I see no reason why they would get it.

Personally, I think that unless your plans include many different games over many hours your best bet is to hook up with Llan and company. All EVO, all the time. And Playdium is a rip-off anyway.

GE

19. Llanfair

March 2nd. Evo freeplay madness...

Hey boys. It's been a while since our last mini-gathering.

I'm tossing out Sunday March 2nd as a tentative date. Anyone have any objections? I can't do this weekend or the next, unfortunately.

So. March 2nd? Who's in? Typical format: Evo, freeplay, $10 each...maybe we'll run a small tourney /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

Reno, can you plan ahead to come out? /versus/images/icons/smile.gif
    Plasma you too, and maybe we can get Robbie as well?
    Hopefully Vince and, uh...dayam name's eluding me, can make it to? Fokfu, you reading this!??
    I'll email Joe as well.

Should be fun, let me know if this will work for you.

cheers,

20. BMF

BMF Well-Known Member

Re: March 2nd. Evo freeplay madness...

Llan, that sounds good. It's the day before I start work so there shouldn't be any problems.