1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[TEA PARTY] The Official Toronto VF thread

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Llanfair, Feb 6, 2003.

1. b4k4

b4k4 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SoundReason
    Re: Toronto Evolution #1097359386 Tournament

Shit... thanks Reno... there goes my second place spot...

/versus/images/graemlins/mad.gif

2. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Re: Toronto Evolution #1097359387 Tournament

I will be coming, but unfortunately, I won't be there until well after 12pm. More like 4:30pm. My apologies that I will not be able to be around earlier. If I get there in time, then we can run my ironman last. :p

Looking forward to it.

<font color="yellow">.cheers. </font>

3. BMF

BMF Well-Known Member

I'll be there by 1pm.

4. Llanfair

Alright. I'm at Net Effects. It's 12:17pm and there's not a soul in sight. Where's the party?

5. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

Ahem, um and you are?? /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

The prodigal son returns I take it? Teaching the baby how to Spod and eteg? /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. Llanfair

Finally, *finally* managed to fit some time in for some VF. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif I had a great time. There are a couple Soul Calibur players who cross over with Evo and there's a lot of potential in their games. It'd be great if Reno would keep the gatherings going and continue to incorporate VF into the mix. For the Soul Calibur tourney, they had 16 people out...if only VF had so many.

BMF came as well and we had a tiny 5 man ironman. BMF and I both lost only twice but he edged me out in number of rounds lost. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif All in all, great fun.

1. BMF
    2. Llanfair
    3. Reno
    4. Mall
    5. B4k4

Good show. Love to do it again.

Reno - we need to get Russell playing, and who was that asian guy I played? He played Sarah - pretty good too.

<font color="yellow">.cheers.</font>

7. b4k4

b4k4 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SoundReason

Yeah, time for me to start practicing again /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif. Had a good time playing yesterday though. Aside from a few bashings at Reno's hands, I haven't been able to play much at all in recent months. Anyways, I think we should see what we can do to set up gatherings like that more often. I know there's interest from a few of the SC2 players who didn't get to play today, even.

8. BMF

BMF Well-Known Member

Good shit Reno!
    The whole event was great, would've loved to play more but it was still fun. Mall and b4k4, you guys played great, just need to learn to throw escape more...and you have to STOP playing the CPU :p. Hopefully, we can get another tv set up next time.

Can't wait till the next event.

PS: Reno, you guys better own in France!!!!!
    PPS: If there's any Toronto VFers lurking on VFDC, please come out to the next event.

9. b4k4

b4k4 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SoundReason

Just going to paste here what Llanfair said in the SC forums (the relevant bit) since I think it belongs here, too.

[ QUOTE ]
    Originally posted by Llanfair
    Here's my 2 cents: Net Effects cafe is fairly central for most people, is it not? Well, I'm in support of b4k4's suggestion of bi-weekly gatherings there. Every other thursday or wednesday night, or whatever. I'll try and commit to showing up and playing for a couple hours - like 7:00 - 9:00pm or something - and no doubt you guys will get much better and the interest in the game will increase.

Reno - is it possible to get more than one setup there? Or is there a better venue to get a couple PS2s going? With 6 or more people, one setup is *ok* but two would be preferred.

Good fun yesterday, guys.

.cheers.

[/ QUOTE ]

10. BMF

BMF Well-Known Member

Thursday nights sound good to me.

11. BMF

BMF Well-Known Member

Alright, I'm gonna be on reading week next starting the 14th, so wondering if anybody wants to meet up for some VF?

12. Reno

Reno Well-Known Member

Gotta resurrect this bastard one more time.

As some of you guys know, I'll be leaving for a job in Japan in June. Er, June 23 to be precise. SO, I'd like to get together one last time before I take off for Japan.... there's basically three weekends before I have to leave, so... what's everyone's schedule? I'm fine for meeting on any weekend, so feel free to suggest a date.

13. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

I am down to my last few weekends as well starting with this one (may 29-30).

Given enough notice I can host but I'm willing to chance the dark and dangerous roads. Who is up for what?

GE

14. Reno

Reno Well-Known Member

Well this weekend is probably too short notice for people... I was thinking either June 4 or June 11 weekend. Either will work fine for me. June 19 will probably work out too, but that's cutting it a little too close. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

15. BMF

BMF Well-Known Member

June 4th or June 11th weekend looks good for me, although Sunday would be best for me.

Finally some VF...

16. BMF

BMF Well-Known Member

sorry double post...

I can do saturday if need be, with a couple days notice of course.

17. Reno

Reno Well-Known Member

June 12 or 13... that's the weekend I'd like to meet up with you guys. any thoughts on that? I figure that gives everyone a good week and a half to get their schedules cleared out.

18. Llanfair

That should be fine with me as well. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

19. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

June 12-13

I believe there are no conflicts with myself either. I'll know for sure by week's end.

Am I hosting or is someone else? If I am, I'll book the projector and screen.

GE

20. Llanfair

Re: June 12-13

If it's not too much trouble, I think it would rock if you could host /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Just PM me and let me know what I can bring, etc...