1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[TEA PARTY] The Official Toronto VF thread

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Llanfair, Feb 6, 2003.

1. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

buh-bye then, Reno

Okay, I can and will host VF party on the 12th. We can always start on Friday and go until the wee saturday hours or saturday itself.

I will get the screen and projector and we can BBQ, drink, relax and lay tile in my kitchen.

All participants must post in this thread. I will host even if only one person can make it but I want confirmations.

GE

2. mall

mall Active Member

Re: buh-bye then, Reno

i know you dont know me but..
    im interested in attending, if its okay /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    btw. im a friend of reno's and ive met lianfair and bmf once

3. GodEater

fo sho'!

Attend away. The more the merrier.

GE

4. Reno

Reno Well-Known Member

Sounds faaaaantastic! Thanks for hosting, GE. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

5. mall

mall Active Member

alright! thanks man /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
    ill be there!
    couple of questions:
    when is it going to start?
    fri? or sat?
    and where do you live?
    im coming from finch/warden

6. GodEater

Ok, well if there are no objections I'd like to have it on Saturday. We'll start around 10:00 (yes, in the morning) and then take a break for lunch, play some more (maybe some retro for the old folks) and then we can all take naps.

I like early starts because we can all get a lot of VFing done and still do something in the evening and not feel like total retards for spending an entire day playing videogames.

I live in Georgetown. Which is about 45 minutes away from you by car. I'll PM exact directions along with my phone number in case of problems.

So far, we have Llanfair, Reno, Mall and myself. I've asked Kbcat and I'll check with Shroud since he doesn't frequent the board. Anyone else?

GE

7. Reno

Reno Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    GodEater said:

Ok, well if there are no objections I'd like to have it on Saturday. We'll start around 10:00 (yes, in the morning) and then take a break for lunch, play some more (maybe some retro for the old folks) and then we can all take naps.

I like early starts because we can all get a lot of VFing done and still do something in the evening and not feel like total retards for spending an entire day playing videogames.

I live in Georgetown. Which is about 45 minutes away from you by car. I'll PM exact directions along with my phone number in case of problems.

So far, we have Llanfair, Reno, Mall and myself. I've asked Kbcat and I'll check with Shroud since he doesn't frequent the board. Anyone else?

GE

[/ QUOTE ]

Saturday at 10am is guuuuud. I was actually going to suggest something around that time too. /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif We need the 'European model' to show up! Come on BMF, where are you? /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

mall: if you need a ride, ask Llanfair or myself. Llan lives closer to you, but if necessary you can take a one way trip on the GO Train to Oakville, and then I can drive you to GE's house and then back to your house.

8. BMF

BMF Well-Known Member

I'll try my hardest to make this. The thing is that I might be working this Saturday. Hopefully, I'll know by tomorrow. If I come, I'll obvioulsy need a ride...Llan /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

9. mall

mall Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Reno said:

mall: if you need a ride, ask Llanfair or myself. Llan lives closer to you, but if necessary you can take a one way trip on the GO Train to Oakville, and then I can drive you to GE's house and then back to your house.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks man
    since Llanfair lives closer it would probably be better if i got a ride from him (it its okay of course)
    if not then i can meet you at oakville
    btw. do you still need that naruto2 save file?

10. Reno

Reno Well-Known Member

Hm, yes, the GameCube save would be terrific! You can bring it on Saturday, or you can wait till next week, if you're planning on going to the SC2 gathering at Simon's house. Either way works for me!

11. GodEater

Just to let everyone know, I wil be away on business until Friday evening. I will not be able to address PMs at all. Once back home I will PM directions to those that need it (although both Reno and Llanfair know how to get to my house).

See you all on Saturday!

GE

12. J6Commander

J6Commander Well-Known Member

Hey Guys!

Long time so see~~
    I think I am available on Saturday /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif

13. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Plasma! Good to see you're alive and kickin' /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BMF and other ride-seekers - there's an unfortunate glitch. I will be enroute to kbcat's current abode at 6:00 am. I am helping him move during the wee hours of the morning. So, unless you're willing to be picked up between 6:00 and 6:15 am, you'll have to arrange for alternative transportation.

Plasma, can you drive a couple others? BMF and Mall need a lift. Or, option 3: can BMF and Mall get themselves to Georgetown via Greyhound or get to Oakville to nab a lift with Reno??

<font color="yellow">.cheers.</font>

14. J6Commander

Yes, I can do that. /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
    Can BMF and Mall please leave me a contact via PM??

from what I remember BMF moved right? I dont have your new address and etc /versus/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

15. BMF

BMF Well-Known Member

Well it looks like things are set for Saturday. Can't wait.

How many setups will we have? I can bring a PS2 and evo disc...and some polish sausages!

16. mall

mall Active Member

thanks again man!
    something i forgot to ask in my pm.
    i was wondering at about what time would you be coming to pick us up?

17. J6Commander

I may need some help on driving people.
    one guys is near Major Mackenzie / Weston and the other is Finch / Warden.
    I live near Major Mackenzie / Lesile myself. /versus/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Reno, are you available to drive by chance??

18. Reno

Reno Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Plasma said:

I may need some help on driving people.
    one guys is near Major Mackenzie / Weston and the other is Finch / Warden.
    I live near Major Mackenzie / Lesile myself. /versus/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Reno, are you available to drive by chance??

[/ QUOTE ]

Plasma, not going to GE's house, no... I live in Oakville so that means I'd have to drive all the way back there, and then back to Oakville to get to Georgetown. I can drive mall back home though, so don't worry about that.

19. J6Commander

Okay, BMF please read your PM /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

20. GodEater

Hey, Just wanting to say that I enjoyed Saturday quite a lot even though I spent almost the entire day in the "Retro Room". Thanks for everyone for coming and thanks to Llanfair for the hamburgers and hot dogs!

GE