1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Teaching Combos to A.I. Characters?

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by Bartman, Jun 16, 2002.

1. Bartman

Bartman New Member

So I've just had the game for a little while now and I've been playing with the A.I mode the last few days. My little Aoi character is floating around the 2nd/3rd dan ranking and I was hoping to add some more combo's to her repetoir.

Some things are learned fairly easily it seems....like the short little knockdown combo then jump on them on the ground....I actually see the exact combo I put in get used every now and then. The problem is that I can't seem to get her to reproduce the throw combo I inputed. I'm trying to get her to do the....[4][1][2][3][6][P]+[G] into [6][2][P]+[G] into [2][8][P]+[G] throw combo. I get it imputed properly in the sparring mode and I even get the little Learn message....but for some reason the ai never gets the combo off....and most of the time botches the first throw so it just looks like it was a normal [P]+[G].

At any rate i was hoping folks had some advice about the throwing combos and training an A.I character in general. Thanks in advance

2. donkey_punch

donkey_punch New Member

I've had the same problem with my A.I. Aoi character. I found in sparring if you do a move then just stand there the A.I. will do that same move after a few seconds this works for striking attacks, throws, and combo's.

But, if you do the chain throw and just stand there to allow the A.I. character to repeat it the A.I. will just kick you once and then do nothing.

If you goto Data Files > Edit File > Status then press to the right it will show the A.I.'s technique status for each move. On my Aoi the chain throw is by far the throw she has the best technique on but she still never does it in a match.

3. death_raven

death_raven Well-Known Member

in my opinion that move is best learned by an A.I. by watching replays. replays of you doing the move, or vice versa.