1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Team <<Shao long pao>> {NYC VF} thread.

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Sudden_Death, Dec 22, 2002.

1. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

yep, that's the "official" name, caused i said so :p.

got sick of seeing "nychotness" cause it sounded so...so...so fucking gay /versus/images/icons/grin.gif so any new york shit post it here.

btw, the vs cabs are fully operational. nice sticks and we just got some nice comfy stools (sp?...hah!) to sit on (damm it was hard to find some damm stools wtf). its so nice having the coin slot on top instead of the bottom, feels like inserting a vf.net card heh.

2. supergolden

supergolden Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

The new setup sounds good! Do players have a lot more room than before? (it seemed a bit tight before, but that could have just been me)...

Rich and I are planning to stop by at times during the weekend of Jan 3rd-5th...

-Alex

3. Sudden_Death

yep, a LOT of room (have you seen VS cabs b4?) its basically 2 machines linked together

4. siLEpai

siLEpai Well-Known Member

PSN:
    siLEPai
    I think that's an awesome name for fudd & games yo! It's not even friggin' hot in NYC hehe =) j/k

We should get some NYC fudd & games going with Joe's Shanghai steamed soup pork buns aka shao3 long2 tong1 bao1 followed by VF4 EVO! Joe's Shanghai is in Flushing and NYC C-town. Dude, I've missed out on checking EVO every time in SVGL and SHGL so 3rd time's da charm!

Adam and Andy, where are U2 siLE dorkbutts =b So is somebody organizing a get together for Evo before 1/4?

5. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

Man, the new VF EVO Versus Cabinet is sweetest thing I saw in CTF in a long time. Need to get use to sitting down position when playing though. But after a couple of rounds I almost felt like I was back in Tokyo playing VF3tb. Hey Goose thanks and I hope to see you there on the other end of the cabinet, dude.

6. PhoenixDth

PhoenixDth Well-Known Member

yes down with the hotness!

7. supergolden

Those cabinents sound awesome... Rich and I are making plans to stay with a friend in Staten Island to be around the weekend of Jan 3rd-5th...

what do the other CTFers think of the dual cabinent? Although I think that's incredibly awesome that they gave it to VF, I wonder why sometimes... VF couldn't make them as much as CVS2 or MVC2 could it?

Just wondering, hopefully I'll be up there to check it out soon

-Alex

8. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Damn - those japanese cabs are indeed awesome! Joystix are hot like a mutha @#$%! Sitting down and playing is the shiznit! Those vf cabs draw sooo much attention. I know the peeps playing MvC2 and CvS2 look over with envy.... I think we may even get a few extra players to give vf a try - cause of the unique looking setup.

We even have detailed movelists (printed from this site) for all characters hung on the side of each machine! Andy was instrumental in getting this versus city setup - so lets slob his nutz, guys! /versus/images/icons/grin.gif Thanks Andy, my chigga.....

9. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    They are excellent cabinets but I have to get used to the Japanese sticks. They sticks are bit loose for my taste but I'm in a minority over preference. No big deal. NOTHING beats the screen on the Naomi cabinet but I'll take the Vs. cabinets anyday for comfort. Stools and elbow room owns. /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

The real problem is getting new people to play and organizing the hardcore players to meet up regularly, hopefully twice a week. /versus/images/icons/smirk.gif

Another odd thing, I notice more people play Ver B. cabinet alone since Evo showed up. I'd say more people play that than Evo. /versus/images/icons/confused.gif

10. Hamme

Hamme Well-Known Member

Yes, props go to Andy. We wouldn't have seen the vs cabs without the man. I think there can be a bit more improvements on the cabs. I'll let Andy know when I see him.

I must say it again. The cabs are awsome!

11. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

Hey I remember you. You were another Jacky player at NYG3 right? You also played a Wolf as well if I can recall correctly. Whats up? I was down couple of weekends ago and missed you and Sal. I hope to meet you guys next time I'm up.

12. supergolden

Hey Shag,

I agree with you the sticks take some getting used to... But maybe with the new room I'll be able to handle it a bit better...

If we're coming up weekend of Jan 3rd-5th, and had one day to devote to VF, what day should it be? It seemed like Friday night there were lots of people about...

-Alex

13. Hamme

Hamme Well-Known Member

What's up man! Yeah, ya right bout me being a Jacky and Wolf player. Sorry to miss ya and Hiro a few weeks back. I had modem problem and can't check the board. I've been away from the game for a bit too, now I'm back again. I'm picking up more characters to try out. Hope to see ya and the guys from Boston next time and have some matches at the new cabs. Now there's more leg room, yeah!

14. imf

imf Well-Known Member

Shao long pao? That must be how you say second place in Chinese. /versus/images/icons/cool.gif

15. Sudden_Death

second place? huh?

your "downfall" will be your arrogance and obssession to be #1. (see happy face)

/versus/images/icons/smirk.gif

and yes, noone will understand the meaning behind shao long pao /versus/images/icons/grin.gif its....so...deep

16. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

shao long pao: meat dumplings with broth.

which one of you is the pork dumpling?

17. Sudden_Death

hehe yeah that's the translation /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

18. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

shao long bao is sooo good. I need to head up to NYC sometimes and get some of that along with some evo actions on those new VS cabs. /versus/images/icons/grin.gif

Srider

19. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Damn nigga! Stop trolling in our threads /versus/images/icons/grin.gif

Teehee...*sniker...snort*...."second best"? I'll have to bury you niggaz for good... /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

"wiping off blood with blood" - hmmmm......yeeeah....sounds good.

Buwhahahahahahah

20. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

No, silly little monkey that's not what it means. It's actually what we called a small steam buns filled with meat that are really tasty, yummy /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif . What's the matter IMF feeling bored need some NYC action?