1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Tech Roll Punisher.

Discussion in 'Brad' started by Jay David, May 15, 2008.

1. Jay David

Jay David Well-Known Member

Anyone know Brads fastest/least frame moves? I need to improve on my post guard follow-up.

2. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
  3. Jay David

Re: Fastest

Heh, thats neat. Thanks.

ExzetyXat1 likes this.
  4. Jay David

Well I don't want to crowd the forum or anything so I'll simply change this topic. My next mission is to find attacks/combos with Brad that punish tech rolling opponents and perhaps a way to reset the floater damage counter at the end of a combo. Any advice with this one Sebo?

ExzetyXat1 likes this.
  5. DarkGift

DarkGift Well-Known Member

The most basic way to punish tech rollers are either
    1) moves that knock them down again-- preferably circular or half circular to also punish tech roll evaders. I'm not a Brad player, but /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif comes to mind
    2) something that's a high damage floater/combo starter to beat people who tech then quickly attack. Brad's knee.
    3) or a throw for those who tech then block.

Obviously, there are infinite possibilities, but I'd say those are the ones you should worry yourself with for now.

6. Jay David

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif Is a little on the slow side and leaves me -19 on guard. Not to mention it only causes a fall during a counter hit. What I've been using the most is ducking > /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif. But I use that so much it becomes predictable pretty quickly. Speaking of knees Brad's Step Knee Change might not be a bad idea.

7. DarkGift

DarkGift Well-Known Member

Forgot that it only knocks down during counter hit. As far as it being slow goes; you have to execute the move before they are actually standing, so that by the time they are up the move is in the hitting frames.

8. Jay David

Trying it certainly couldn't hurt. I'll see how it works out. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

ExzetyXat1 likes this.
  9. eiyujpn

eiyujpn Active Member

you should just watch what other brad players do on youtube...and then you can make up your own ideas...

most of these tech roll punishers need to be done early like while the opponent is still in the air or about to hit the ground

-Long Ducking is a common thing to go for, from there you can mix up KK, K-delay-K, throw, or 0-frame throw,P+K even if they don't tech roll you apply pressure and can still try a down attack K after LD or even go to 1P+K to reverse a mid rising kick.

-Phasing turn while not so popular is also a good option, go for PT P+K to stagger crouchers and apply pressure follow ups. PT K for a crumple and combo if they mess up. PT 2P is good and knocks down again. PT Throw is a fun thing to do. PT PP is also good.

-SL K- is my favorite. good range kick, goes into clinch and even if they block it they cant punish you and should leave you at an advantageous range.

-3K good mid kick with range, stagger crouchers and leaves you with good follow ups and possible clinch

-4K and 4K+GK both can stagger crouchers and go into duck/slipping for more pressure. 4K+GK is a good two mid hitter that can cause some pressure even if you whiff even good to use in combos to go to ducking.

-K+G, 2K+G, yes full circles are good

-114K,334K good range and leaves you with BT options than can go into Slip/Duck/PT

10. Jay David

Thats some good stuff! I didn't even notice I was already using a few of those. LD > KK/P+K works well. Also I almost forgot, I often use 1P+K when I can and start the rising gamble against players that aren't expecting it.