1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Tekken 4 surrenders!

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by marcel, Jan 1, 2002.

1. marcel

marcel Well-Known Member

Recently the head producer of namco's tekken series says that "though we changed tekken quite much, virtua fighter 4 just has more depth (sigh from him)."Before the release of either game Namco and Sega-AM2 department #2 made several posters and advertisement to globalize the latest installments of VF and Tekken. So in my opinion 45 minutes of Tekken 4 is the depth equivalent of 2 minutes of VF4. So Vf K.O's Tekken 4.

2. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

What's your source for this claim?

3. marcel

marcel Well-Known Member

I was in a magazine store, I think it was umm..... PSM magazine, VF4 vs. Tekken 4 artical. Not sure what issue though. I wouldn't make this up! lol And the posters are all over in cities of Japan, gaming stores in JApan, and gaming shows.

4. Kingman3

Kingman3 Member

Saw that article. Oct. or Nov. issue, I believe. I really wouldn't recommend basing something off of a gaming mag's opinions, though. Even they said it was a pretty close call.

But I'll agree that VF4 beats out Tekken 4. Tekken 4 has a couple flaws (<B>EVIL jab overpriority</B>, funky blocking due to the new 8-way run, and even greater downplay of the throwing game) that keep it from being #1. The Position Change is a great new addition, the relative lack of new characters is nothing unlike the VF series, and the walls are fine; that's not the problem; the problem is they tried to fix what made the previous 2 Tekkens so great, which wasn't broken to begin with, and ended up messing some stuff up.

5. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

Hehe... I can live with T4 insane jab priority, because it has the side effect of making Panda a viable character ;-)

6. ShinJin

ShinJin Well-Known Member

Tekken4 is a pile of shit, it's the worst tekken by far, it's made LOADS of tekken players quit, a few of them have moved on to other games ( VF4 ) and a few have quit completly.

namco really fuxed up on this one and they know it, all i can say is that i hope Tekken5 is really something special

7. Kingman3

Kingman3 Member

That's your own opinion.

8. ShinJin

ShinJin Well-Known Member

yes, my opinion, but in this case my opinion is the right one, and if anyone has a differen't opinion then they are wrong, simple as that.

9. Kingman3

Kingman3 Member

If saying Tekken 4 is a good (far from great) game is wrong, I don't wanna be right:p.

10. Daniel Thomas

Daniel Thomas Well-Known Member

So, really, what's the deal?

For the millionth time, what's liking VF got to do with liking or hating Tekken? There's no rule that says you can only like one fighting game; and if there was, who says you'd have to follow it? And what about all those other fighters, from Steet Fighter to Soul Calibur to (remember?) Karate Champ?

As far as I can tell, Tekken 4 is doing quite well at the arcades. Kudos to Namco for finally trying some new ideas with T4. It's sure better than yet another interchangable sequel. If you dig it, great. If you don't, then waste your money on VF4 or something else. Better yet, just send me the money and let me spend it for you.

11. marcel

marcel Well-Known Member

Oh god! My post wasn't meant to get you all to slit each others throats, oh and whover said that I shouldn't base my opinion on a game mag, you are right and tekken 4 is a pile of poo.