1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Tekken 4 vs. VF4

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by marcel, Jan 1, 2002.

1. marcel

marcel Well-Known Member

Has anyone else out there ever wondered what it would be like to have Virtua Fighters Akira against Jin of tekken. Obviosly many have including Yu Suzuki himself. Unfortunately he said that the 2 games were to different to have in the same game. In my book I say that's a crock of @#%$! I mean come on, we have Capcom vs. SNK, Xmen vs. Street fighter even VF vs. Fighting Vipers on Saturn. I think that the horrison needs to be widened but with some research I found that there was an illegal game made of a game called Taken vs. Virtual Fighter that was on jagwar. The illegal part wasn't the title but the characters, they were tekken and VF characters!! I found out that it also sucked ass. So roo- poo, I want VF vs. Tekken! Yu Suzuki if you read this consider the idea, from vf3 to vf4 you took away the uneven levels and in Tekken went from big areanas to walls if you can do that then can't you do this, you put FIGHTING VIPERS AGAINST VIRTUA FIGHTERS FOR PETES SAKE! Lets see Sarah beat 7 shades of poop out of Nina Williams, oh yeah.

2. newuser

newuser Member

good idea!
    but it difficult to come to realize.

3. marcel

marcel Well-Known Member

I guess it may be difficult to pull together. Still, i think they should discuss the idea more. What do the rest of u think, is it really that crazy?

4. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

The big problem I see is how to balance the thing. Either you turn the VF characters into the Tekken scheme (bad throws, faster recovery, better jabs) or do the reverse... or perhaps you have some weird combination of the two. Most likely you'll end up with a Megamix-level debacle.

Controls: Just give it four buttons: P -> 1, K -> 3, P+K -> 2, K+G -> 4, P+G -> 2+4. You'd have to sacrifice the P+K+G escape for low throws, but that always seemed rather pointless anyway :)

5. jackybrothas

jackybrothas Well-Known Member

hmmmm i've played taken vs virtua fighter before... hehe bahn from fighting vipers is in it and not all characters from each are in it... oh well...

in vf vs tekken, can they keep their controls??? meaning if you choose a vf character their controls would be GPK and if you choose a tekken character it's blah blah... or would that be too complicated?

yea they could make it like a fighters megamix... changing the setting from tekken mode ::: the characters will float high and the guard breaks from vf characters will be unblockable and causes a powerful blow and blah blah:::: or you can set it to vf mode blah blah blah::::: i dunno just some ideas.

6. TequilaPilot

TequilaPilot Member

Great idea, but who is the target audience?? Tekken peeps or VF peeps?? Cause from the impression I gathered while being members of both game forunms, is that the two doesn't get along well. Tekken ppl bag VF, VF ppl bag Tekken. Age old rivalry.
    Besides, the different conventions used will make it difficult for players from both sides to conform to. Namely, VF requires a button to block, while Tekken uses the joystick. <- That has caused me so much pain during my brief tenure with VF4. Not so much as blocking with a button was troublesome, rather going back to Tekken, then using the left kick button to block, needless to say, many embarrasing moments there.