1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Tekken 7 Balanced?

Discussion in 'General' started by masterpo, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Jason Elbow

Jason Elbow Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Hold on now. DOA isn't so bad. All the VF characters are S- Ranked. The system isnt that hard to understand. And let's not even mention all of the gratuitous amounts of TnA (Tits n' Ass for all you slowpokes) to bring in all the of the casual players. Hell they even got lolli jailbait for all of the closeted child molesting pervs out there!. All and all its a really good game! DOA 5 Last Round: A game everyone can get behind (like how I wish to get behind Rachael..fuck yeah!!).

2. Modelah

Modelah Well-Known Member VFDC Translator Content Manager Taka

PSN:
    Modelah
    Tekken 7 is balanced perfectly. My Taka-Arashi coffee mug sits on it with no problem whatsoever.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
    ToyDingo, Jason Elbow, Ellis and 3 others like this.
  3. nou

nou Well-Known Member

Anyways....are people here playing on PC or PS4? I keep flip-flopping between buying a PS4 Pro or PC.

4. Jason Elbow

Jason Elbow Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    The ps3 pro is a lie....

5. emperorshadox

emperorshadox Well-Known Member

PSN:
    emperorshadox
    XBL:
    MasterOshokhai
    I'm a huge Tekken fan, and have been for a while.

I play Tekken 6 PPSSPP via Hamachi (Own the original game).

I still need to play T7 to make a verdict, but from what I can see, the real improvements come from the graphics department (naturally, as they are using UE4).

The fighting looks to be more of the juggle, juggle, juggle with no real negotiations taking place.

However, It seems most fighting games these days are just copying and pasting off each other, so it must be the norm.

This is why VF5 FS will still be number 1 for me.

I will get T7 down the line (XB1), but that would just be for the rankings.

I wouldn't be looking to get the same depth of gameplay that VF5 FS has.

Vf6 will be mind blowing. I can already feel it.

If Final showdown has graphics that stand up to other fighting games today ? Imagine what they'd do with the power of the new consoles.

Mindblowing.

6. steelbaz

steelbaz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    PC is the better version. PS4 has longer load times, worse online, lower resolution, and extremely high input lag. The xbox one version has less input lag, but insane loading times and is only running at 720P. Just buy a cheap graphics card for $200 or less and play it on PC. Kamais, Ayu, Icky, Chief Flash, Aris, Rip, and myself all play on PC. PS4 will have more players than PC or X1, but you'll have to deal with an inferior version of the game, more online lag, longer loading times, and more input lag as well. PC is the superior version and it doesn't take an expensive graphics card to run the game at full 1080P. The game is incredibly well optimized on PC and it costs less than it does on consoles. You don't need a strong PC to run T7 it's that well optimized.

As far as balance it's better off than FS. Dragunov and the SS tiers are better, but 60%+ of the games players aren't all using high tiers in tournies like the endless Jackies and Akira's you see in Japanese FS tournies. The game has tiers, but most characters can do good damage and they aren't tied down to a weight class cast system, so more characters get used competitively in tournaments and online. Low tier characters win EVO and Japanese majors in Tekken 7.If you like Tekken you'll like Tekken 7, if you only like FS for whatever reason, you probably will not like Tekken.

7. Coroo

Coroo Well-Known Member

i got to play it over a friends house. and yeah i see what you mean about customizing. tho it's looking for the hair styles and parts that 6 is the better entry for making your character pop with that sorta thing, my time with 7 i noticed that there's only 15 hairstyles and the ai is everywhere but yeah it's werid and i don't know why folks haven't talked abotu it. the game while the imput is pretty tight, it feels slower then DR maybe on par. you saw this in tag 2 to a degree but yeah. as a auska player and constantly dropping her low sweep into the high kick launcher yeah.... it's werid and then other combos not wanting to come out or work. XD yeah. i wish they worked on the game abit more but that's just little ol' me

8. Coroo

Coroo Well-Known Member

i gotta say i never thought to use hamachi, i had so many problems with that program when it came to playing games like risk of rain and terriera. i'm happy it's useful for something, same here i play on the psp emulator and i owned both versions of tekken 6 psp, digital and phsical.

i spent the better part of the weekend playing 7 and getting my asuka to a Prime Tekken god, and yeah.. no... tresure battle is a bust, the balancing on turbo battle needs to be closer to VF4's answer where it was fast but combos and lunchers still worked the way it should. i don't know it's werid playing as asuka in those types of battles and loosing because power blows are constantly used by the ai and i'm getting punished for playing fair and not cheesing the counter.

XDDD but after getting ticked off enough i returned the favor in kind. yeah i think i'd go the same route with the XBOX One X, i really want that version and since it has my favortive port of 5, don't get me wrong i love FS but it didn't feel like a true upgrade. X_X in the same vain of Final Tuned or Evolution for VF4, i mean i know they made it abit more aggrsive in FT but yeah... i don't know. XDDDDD

emperorshadox likes this.
  9. SUGATA

SUGATA Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SUGATA_RUS
    No, PS4 Pro is the best version:
    1) nearly the same graphics as high end PC (digitalfoundry)
    2) Online issues will be fixed soon i am sure
    3) more challenge and community
    4) PS4 exclusive feature (like VR mode)
    5) Command input difference is 16 ms = 1 frame on PS4 (noodalls)
    6) loading is longer by 6 sec, not huge. You can place SSD on PS4 Pro.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  10. steelbaz

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    Haha you're a clown if you think PS4 pro is the best version. It can't do 1440P, it can't do 4K which high end PC's CAN DO. In no way does the PS4 Pro get anywhere near a GTX 1080 + i7. Digital Foundry already did a professional breakdown of the "PS4 Pro" and it's not as good as a "mid range" PC they used in 1080P, or in any area. Digital Foundry specified they were not using a High End PC in the video as that would shit all over PS4 Pro. Furthermore... More input lag is WORSE not better. Paying for online is WORSE not better. Longer loading times are WORSE not better. Many Korean Tekken players are playing on PC after recently dumping the laggy PS4 pro version and they are currently the best players in the world. Western console warriors aren't as good as the Koreans in Tekken and so far have ZERO wins at majors vs them. People that own the game on PS4 Pro and PC say PC is much better, tournament players and well known community figures at that. @cruzlink2 boy Arturo aka Sabin a well known streamer and competitive player loves the PC version and has streamed at and uploaded 4K at 60FPS footage. He gushes about how great the PC version is compared to the console version. You can be a console fanboy and delude yourself all you want, but the U.S. Tekken players say PC is superior and the Koreans are now running PC Tekken at Green Arcade instead of the PS4 version. JDCR said the PS4 version was too laggy and doesn't like it in a series of tweets. Considering he's already won 3 or 4 majors i'll stick with what he, digital foundry, and many other American players say, which is PC is the SUPERIOR VERSION.

You like the laggy and inferior PS4 Pro that's awesome. It cannot compete with a high end PC which you mistakenly seem to think is 1080P, not 4K at 60FPS (which the PS4 Pro cannot even remotely get close to achieving). That in itself is laughable.

Here is some 4K footage Arturo uploaded on PC > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx8ATcBcb2c

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
    Sozos, leftylizard and IcKY99 like this.
  11. Sozos

Sozos Pai Sucksan Content Manager Pai

PSN:
    vfsozos87
    XBL:
    vfsozos87
    what are you talking about sugata. PC version by far better!!!

steelbaz likes this.
  12. SUGATA

SUGATA Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SUGATA_RUS
    all what i am talking about is in my post above with FACTS and arguments.
    PS4 Pro is the best version in summary - proofs are easy to find in google (digitalfoundry, 1frame delay, larger community, exclusive VR mode, etc).

Pay attention, i am talking about PS4 Pro version , not about the terrible PS4 version.

13. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

Take your namco debates to a namco website, zaibatsu. This ground is for vfing, respect that.

14. steelbaz

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    Oh you own VFDC now? You are site staff?? No???
    Then STFU.

Chefboy_OB and Tricky like this.
  15. Stl_Tim

VFDC County Violation:

You are hereby in violation of expending too much energy and useless time on a game franchise that nobody cares about on this website. You have provided hours of boring debates and psychological trauma to citizens of vfdc.

Furthermore, if you don't remove your namco propaganda at this time you will be forced to provide 100 hours of vfdc community time playing vf5fs online and promoting sega.

You have been cited mr.baz on June 14th, 2017.
    Failure to comply will result in many people lol at you for years.

Very concerned,
    Am2 palm tree

Tricky likes this.
  16. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

That first paragraph was a perfect description of yourself. You spend so much time and energy playing this game, and what do you have to show for it? NOTHING! You fucking suck at this game and you probably always will. Talk about boring debates. Every time you post, it's either you 1) telling other people how to play (after you LOSE hahahahajdfaslfjasd;fdsf) or 2) telling people to play more VF. Give me a break. I haven't heard of you attending any major tourneys (including NMTC, even though you said that you'd come), I hardly ever remember you being on your "student's" stream (and you got raped when you did, especially by me), and I don't remember you being on streams in general. I've been watching Blitzball Champ's stream every now and again lately. Guess who's never there?

Why do you have a problem with people talking about Tekken in the fucking GENERAL section, of all places? On Tekken Zaibatsu, they have no problems talking about other games. I should mention that they also signed the petition when we wanted VF5R, even though it wouldn't necessarily benefit them. If you don't like Tekken, that's fine. In the meantime, keep your shitty and worthless comments to yourself.

P.S. - To everyone saying that VF is better balanced, a better game, etc., all of that matters at a high level. None of you are at that level, so WTF do you care? Just support the fighting game community instead of saying bullshit.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    Chefboy_OB, Jacko, Tricky and 2 others like this.
  17. Stl_Tim

Angry much libertine?! Steelbaz needs daddy to fight his battles?! Oh wait, someone else had this happen after I figured out his character build and you had to talk him down off the ledge. The only difference is the other player had the balls to play me online, not bitchy baz.

Here is the typical flowchart of navf scene.

1.Dont play everyone in the scene consistently on a regular, so everyone can grow.

2.Play only in click groups and don't allow others to join and learn.

3.Only play vs players you fear rarely, because of them catching on to your own game. Also, call them out on stream when you know it's, "in the bag!" Then avoid matches w/them afterwards.

4.Berate, record player mistakes, and socially embarrass players to make yourself feel almighty. This will keep players staying in our community.

5.Waste time not playing vf, but hanging out in vf forums not helping vf scene grow.

6.Streams have been good and bad for the scene. One hand it brings attention,and on the other hand it makes a lot of players fear being watched, so they sit and watch only.

I get libertine that you don't like me, and I certainly fucking hate your pompous demeanor. Having said that, I'll still play you consistently, but you stopped after our last session and disappeared?!

Why don't we play vf consistently Libby?! Don't tell me you quit vf? Maybe your building another computer?

I know I complain, bitch, moan or make excuses about losing, so fucking what?! Who doesn't, I'm just real about it and express myself. The rest just closest complainers in fear of bad rep, lol.

You are one who plays only certain people when you want and very limited times. To me this style is the true reason why navf will never grow. Also, you play a unique character that I rarely get to play against. What, 2 brads that play xbl online? This doesn't help worth shit.

All in all, tekken sucks donkey ball hairs, you stick up for the weak and that's cool, and because of our precious ego's we will never see eye to eye and grow. You just sit on a online victory like it's the Super Bowl and it's an end all. Do me a favor be part of the solution to grow or stfu and stand aside you tekken mugwomp.

one more important thing for all of you!

Whete are all the players who are helping the nmtc champion train for evo 2k18 in Japan?!
    I sure am offering my time. Where the fuck are the rest of you? Ummm, tekken...

Hate me/love me, but don't deny the truth.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  18. steelbaz

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    Please make on topic posts relevant to the thread and don't take the discussion off topic with you're inane rants nobody gives a fuck about.

Chefboy_OB and Jacko like this.
  19. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

Good point and by the way I missed you! :(

20. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

I'm sorry, have we met?

Jason Elbow likes this.