1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Tekken 7.,.,. Robbed, Pimped and Squeezed

Discussion in 'General' started by masterpo, Jan 12, 2019.

1. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Julia Chang was the only character, that I was excited to see.
    Lei Wulong in 2nd. Marduk was okay though.

2. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    beanboy, the question is why did they take Julia Chang, Lei Wulong and Marduk and the others out in the first place? They've been in Tekken for DECADES:mad:

And its not because it cost BAMCO any more money to add them. This was their plan from the beginning. BAMCO's way of getting us to pay $120 for basically the same game they sold us a few years ago for $60. It gives a whole nuther meaning to Iron Fist.

Think about it. We've paid double the money and in return we get:

• less characters
    • less game modes
    • shorter arcade mode
    • treasure mode is only 2 round per fight (no way to change the time or number of rounds)

was Rage art , rage drive really worth what we gave up??

TBH Tekken 7 has one of the better and more complete story modes. And Bamco had to spend some cash to produce that story mode. BUT, they could have simply made the Story mode DLC and charged $60 for it and gave us all the characters right off the bat for $60. The real Tekken fans would have purchased the story mode (maybe not on launch day) but they would have purchased it. BAMCO would still have their integrity and it would be all good. Now they are moving into a similar territory as EA Sports and Activision which will eventually hurt their stock prices and future sales of Tekken.

But I'm glad you were happy when they announced Julia Chang;)

beanboy and Mister like this.
  3. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Yeah, even I myself wondered that too. I know Jun and Michelle Chang
    are other characters, that Tekken fans, want back.

Thinking about it, it's possible, that the older boss higher ups,
    (probably not Harada), saw an opportunity, to make some good
    extra money. But then again, Harada is a businessman too.
    And I think that they knew, that fans would have wanted, the
    old classical characters back. Or maybe, they were planning,
    to release them, for Tekken 8.:holla:

In the case of DOA5 fans, it is sad, that many of them, spent like
    over $1000.00, on a ton of dlc costumes, and a few extra characters etc.:holla:

Good thing not all of them, were caught in the "I must buy
    all of the sexy dlc costumes,"
    craze.

Yeah. She is cool! And so is Michelle Chang too. :D

However, I'm not excited, about that baseball bat dude, called Negan.
    He can bat himself, back into whatever media, he came from.:p
    They should have put Jun, or some other classic Tekken character instead.

Yeah, alot of gamers, have been complaining, about those two companies
    and a few others. Hopefully sega doesn't go, in their direction.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  4. Sonic The Fighters

Sonic The Fighters Well-Known Member

Tekken 7 cames to arcade in 2014/2015 no ? I remember it was 3 years until console release.

5. SUGATA

SUGATA Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SUGATA_RUS
    I agree that this tactic (removing cats and then sold them separately or lock already existed content on the disc) is not respectiful and right way to sell games

BUT

Today, when fighting genre suffers not the best days (look on SC6 fail), i understand that this may be the way to get enough profit from releasing fighting games.

SO

I am, honestly, ready to PAY BY ANY SORT OF WAYS, even for every character separately, just to get my favorite beloved VF.

6. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk

I really didn't consider the arcade scene in Japan. So did they add the DLC characters a year later to the Japan arcades? Is there any monetary advantage in the Japanese arcade market for such a maneuver? I didn't pay for Tekken 7, so on one hand I don't care, but on the principle of the thing I do. And when I find myself in the mood for some Tekken I will definitely be playing Tekken 6:ROTFL: Also glad you found your way to VF. And its kewl that you got there by way of Tekken 7. I've been a very very casual Tekken fan since Tekken 3. I also dabble in SC from time to time. So I'm generally interested in the direction both these games take. I am disappointed in the direction Tekken 7 has chosen. But you're right, Tekken is not my main FG. So I'm just blowin off steam.

And truly wishing VF 6 does not copy the path that Tekken 7 has taken:meh:

@SUGATA So SC6 is considered a failure????