1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Tekken 8 Triumphs!!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by masterpo, Jan 28, 2024.

1. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    Tekken 8 Rocks! Tekken 8 is a Triumph of the Fighting Game Imagination. This Tekken is the Tekken we've all been expecting! This Tekken has been a long time coming;)
    • More Power Ups!
    • More Super Moves!
    • More Floating and Higher Floating than ever before!
    • More Explosions!
    • More Whirlwinds!
    • More Disappearing & Re-appearing!
    • Longer Combos!
    • Easier Combos!
    • Bigger Hit Boxes!
    • Easier Strings!
    • Auto Combos!
    • AI Generated Combos!
    • Easier Controls!
    • Faster Gameplay!
    • More Fighting Tricks!
    • More Comeback Mechanics than ever
    • More Gimmicks than in any previous Tekken
    • More Colors!
    • Brighter, Larger, Longer Lasting Hit Flashes!
    • More Fantastical Graphics than ever before!
    • Bigger more bombastic Fireballs!
    • Characters now glow while Super Charged!
    • Each Hit Landed Sounds Like a Powerful Gunshot!

This is IT :holla: the Tekken among all Tekkens.:holla: If ever there was a time to see Tekken's true colors, its now:holla: This Tekken has been rated E for everyone. Good Tekken Players, Bad Tekken Players, Non Tekken Players, Forte Nite Players, Spiderman Players:LOL: Call of Duty Players Come on down:ROTFL: Tekken 8 has the most phantasmagorical presentation of hand to hand combat ever seen in a video game.

Me and a few of my mates who play Virtua Fighter watched a few Tekken 8 streams and we could barely believe what we were seeing:ninja: Tekken 8 is guaranteed to break every sales record set by Tekken 7. We are truly living in amazing times!!!!!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2024
    GustavoHeisenberg likes this.
  2. ICHIBANin10000

ICHIBANin10000 Well-Known Member

You can tell you're not a pro player or even a player with pro-player mentality. The worst thing about Tekken 8 is Namco nerfed backdash. They found top 8 matches in Tekken 7 tournaments had competitors playing too defensively so they nerfed movement yet again. In Tekken 6 you could evade half-circulars, so in T7 they took that out. That's the worst offense of Tekken , it's bad design decisions. If you want to increase aggression, incentives would be higher damage or meter gain. Don't cripple movement to artificially fix a "problem" simultaneously ruining the game overall.

3. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Who the heck would make silly decisions like that? That is so silly. And then they want to know, why so many non evo + fgc fighting game players, don't buy or play their fighting games anymore.

And the other strange thing is, people strangely want Namco, Harada, Michael Murray and the Tekken team, to make VF6 and Killer Instinct 4. No way bro. Lol!

Last edited: Jan 29, 2024
    masterpo likes this.
  4. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk
    :X3::p:LOL::LOL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

You damned right I'm not a pro player.:D You bet 'cho ass I don't have a pro-player mentality:holla:

I DGAF about Frame Calculus, or the Jedi Frame Masters. I am a F*CK-IN casual, player and proud to be one. @ICHIBANin10000 All I'm really interested in is Virtua Fighter single player content and offline versus so I can casually play the game with close friends and relatives. My girl also plays. All we care about is single player modes, customizations, character back stories, and offline features:ROTFL::LOL::ROTFL::LOL: IDGAD about all that Tekken PRO-PLAYER BULL$#IT that all the esports-hopefuls fantasize about:ROTFL: @ICHIBANin10000 I am the antithesis to pro-player and pro-player mentalities, on most days all the pro-player nonsense makes me sick to my stomach.:sick:

Dude., I know my post are usually TLDR, but don't you know me by now:LOL::ROTFL:. When I post that "Tekken 8 Triumphs", what I mean, is Tekken 8 is TRASH!, Its GARBAGE! I literally wouldn't accept a thousand dollars to play it. In my heart of hearts I truly feel sry for all of the players (Especially The Pro-Players) that have taken so much time out of their valuable lives to master the bouquet of Tekken Gimmicks required to be good at the game.:oops:

So my posts for :"Tekken 8 Triumphs" and "What it Takes to be a Tekken Master" are totally meant to be indictments of what I feel is one of the worst versions of Tekken ever made:whistle: I reeeallly Truly DGAF how many copies of Tekken 8 are sold worldwide, or how many millions of players find it enjoyable. IMO Tekken 8 is Fighting Game Junk.:LOL::ROTFL::LOL::ROTFL:

Its nothing but a collection of Fighting Game Gimmicks, Comeback Mechanics, Gunshot Audio Effects and Graphical Eye Pollution(n)

SUGATA likes this.
  5. ICHIBANin10000

ICHIBANin10000 Well-Known Member

Bro. Calm down. Take your Ritalin. It's obvious your title was sarcastic. Your reasons were based on aestetics primarily and ignored the more important gameplay nerfs. Final Showdown took out VF 5's Offensive move P & K attacks , removed evade P+K, MTE. There is an industry wide move to dumb down technical fighters. Tekken is the fast food of fighting games. The legacy characters like King still have complicated move lists. It's still worth playing to a degree.

masterpo likes this.
  6. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk
    Ritalin :LOL::ROTFL::LOL: don't you mean Ryetalyn:ROTFL:
    https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ryetalyn

@ICHIBANin10000 listen man, in general the FGC simply deserves far more than these companies have been putting out lately. The Pro Players, the streamers, the twitchers, all put in hundreds if not thousands of hours into these games, promoting them, showcasing them, selling them to new audiences every day. The game developers should spare no expense in developing the best possible fighting game, using the best technologies available in gratitude for what the customer is giving them back.

If Bandai Namco, had to pay for all of the free advertising and constant positive publicity that they get from the streamers and the players almost every hour of every day, it would easily total in the millions of dollars. That's just keepin it real. The fact that Tekken was released in 1994 and after 30 years, of innovation and research we get Tekken 8:eek:

The name of the game for these companies is what's the least I can invest and what's the most cash I can squeeze out of that investment. F*CK the loyalty, good will, free marketing that I get from the player base.:mad:

Instead of asking what's the least I can invest, they should be asking what more can we do to reward such loyal and supportive customers and fans:whistle:

Its been 30 years, what true fighting game innovation has the Tekken franchise really
    brought in 2024.o_O Its been 30 years since the release of Virtua Fighter., what in the way of innovation in fighting games has VF brought to the tableo_O And they have the ballz to add in-game-advertising in Patch 1.50:mad:

Look man, adding more noise, more colors, brighter colors, more flying, more meters, different meters, more comeback mechanics is not innovation. If that's the best Bandai-Namco and Harada can do, they need to get out of the game.:whistle:

If the best Virtua Fighter can do, is give us Tekken skins, Tekken music, Tekken UI, Tekken Hit sparks, and in-game-ads after 30 years:holla: Sega/RGG can kiss my BA.:whistle:

SLOCLAP a new indie developer with their SIFU and Absolver fighting games coming right out the gate brought stuff to the genre that had never been seen before. SIFU's arena mode is fresh and totally innovative. Whether you like that genre of fighting game or not, it shows that new approaches and innovation to fighting games in this generation of gaming consoles is possible. SLOCLAP is considerably smaller than Sega, and Bandai-Namco. But they were able to pull off a masterpiece with a fraction of the budget that Tekken and Virtua Fighter has access to.:cautious:

HEAT, RAGE ART, RAGE DRIVE, To Nerf Or Not To Nerf that's all we got after 30 years of computer graphics, high definition, motion capture, parallel processing GPU's and low cost, terabyte storage:confused: mean while, the same basic engine that was in Tekken 3 t is in Tekken 8 today. The same Tekken 3 engine that cost us $29.99 on PS2 now can fetch hundreds of dollars if the DLC (which all used to be built into the game) is purchased:whistle:

I'm calm, I'm just fed up with the Bull$#iT;)

7. Solomon Rayland

Solomon Rayland Well-Known Member

@masterpo it really seems like you think Tekken 8 sucks because it's not VF. I am willing to bet that your favorite Tekken game is Tekken 4 because that game tried to be realistic and more like VF.

masterpo likes this.
  8. GustavoHeisenberg

GustavoHeisenberg Well-Known Member

Korean backdash and the ultra defensive nature was kinda lame for the casuals - the people actually paying for Tekken. Although personally I like how Tekken 8's aggression is similar to VF offensive biased gameplay.

9. Solomon Rayland

Tekken 8 has a mentality where playing well defensively will reward you with offense. Rewarding defense with offense in my opinion is an excellent move.

10. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk
    (y)

Exactly Tekken 4 is my favorite Tekken. And the last legitimate Tekken to be made was Tekken 6.;)

11. Solomon Rayland

This confirms that you want Tekken to be exactly like VF. We can both agree that VF should not become Tekken, but Tekken should not be VF for that same reason. Both games have different styles and both can be enjoyed.

12. Solomon Rayland

@masterpo your mentality is like if a hardcore MK fan took one look at Smash, and then hated it because it has no gore. It is extremely disingenuous and unfair the way you look at Tekken and decide it is not enough like VF for your liking.

Furthermore, VF's realistic fighting approach was always undermined by its goofy, not so serious tone with the graphical composition and voice acting.

masterpo likes this.
  13. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk
    No quite m8. :LOL: Tekken is not enough Tekken for my liking. Tekken 6 was kewl, Tekken 5 and 5DR were kewl, Tekken 4 and Tekken 3 were kewl. BUT....:holla:

Tekken 7 and Tekken 8 pure garbage:cool:

14. Solomon Rayland

You said in this thread that you are a casual player, and are proud to be one. This implies that more better content is what would pull you into a game. Tekken 8 takes the gold medal in that department, and the only way you could possibly dislike it is if the aesthetic failed to match your taste. That seems true because you appear to be extremely biased towards Tekken 4 despite that game being panned by fans of the series.

15. beanboy

Tekken 4 wasn't that bad, but yeah, alot of Tekken fans hated it. And when VF fans played it, it played like a low budget Virtua Fighter ripoff, with a hint of Dead or Alive thrown into it.

16. shad

shad Well-Known Member

PSN:
    agent__cube
    XBL:
    doct0r cube
    Can't help myself to repost this today for young folks who didn't know xD :

17. Tuch_MaBallz

Tuch_MaBallz Active Member

i could not disagree more with you. someone needs to say now more than ever that tekken is a sack of garbage and dung compared to vf - the first ps game i had was tekken two - they should have stopped there in my humble opion because i cant stand any of those games - except i go in there on 7 and i blast those candied yams with akuma - it was on sale for 4 bucks or something - the only game that touches vf2 even is dead or alive 5 last round - i go in there and i well im a C+ with pai chan and frankly sarah is the best character bar none in the game and thats a big deal when you really thinnk about it. now you got vf5ultimate is over 15percent bettr than ps4, i cant stress how amazing ultimate showdown is - granted my final showdown account was erased from history - so yeah that might play into my decision - syke i over crack - i mean that. saying tekken is great on here is offensive to those with good tast in fighting games - meaning the ones i mentioned above and you know injustice 2 - the ai shit thats fun - and michalangelo - get the skateboard+ headband - oher than that - i cannot stress enough how tekken is gargabe - and every other fighting game for that matter - save your time - play this one until 6 comes out.

masterpo likes this.
  18. beanboy

Last edited: Apr 28, 2024
  19. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

The joke that started it all…. This why I know if SEGA wanted to… they could.

20. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk
    Dude, you missed the point. Tekken is F*cking Trash:LOL: I started this post with sarcasm:

This list is meant to show what a piece of $#it Tekken is.:):LOL::ROTFL::LOL::ROTFL:

Tekken 3,4,5, & 6 and their Tekken Tag counterparts are okay. But Tekken 7 and Tekken 8 IMO are garbage:holla: