1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Tekken better than VF?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by jabbr, Jun 7, 2002.

1. Mirkan

Mirkan Well-Known Member

"If you have 2 players of the same level, pretty well trained, on any fighting game, you're going to get competition"

That's true enough, but then there's the aspect of balance to remember. I think it's safe to say that Tekken 3 was more balanced than Tekken Tag Tournament, and that's despite having two people equally trained in TTT. This is mainly what makes or breaks a fighter, because beyond that it's all a matter of preference.

So arguably, VF isn't only deeper but also more balanced than most fighting games.

2. h0LLyW00d

h0LLyW00d Member

Tekken 2,3 and TTT was really nice games but Tekken 4 is just utter crap! hell I think Tekken 2 is much more fun than Tekken 4. now as for comparing Tekken to Virtua Fighter, VF will win em all, such as gameplay,deepth,visuals and character originality.

Also with soo many changing from Tekken 4 to VF, Namco better seriously change the gameplay in Tekken 5 or it will flop worse than when Midway put out Wargods in arcades back in 1995.

3. BakuBaku

BakuBaku Well-Known Member

Or mabey they could just end Tekken. Vampire Savior?...TTT = Great game T4= Horrible. MK5= Its aaaiight. But on the real, VF has always put the jack on these games. (cept the time when I was playing Tekken instead of VF3)

4. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

<font color="990033"> I Like TTT but my son can mash me to oblivion. endlessly. He can not with VF4. I can hold my own with VF4 because it is a thinking man's fighter.</font color> <font color="red">

5. Kale

Kale Active Member

I sure hope you are just letting him win. If you get destroyed by a masher, then you aren't very good at TTT. I actually enjoy VF4 more but still, I never get destroyed by a masher in TTT or T4. I agree though about VF4 being the thinking man's fighter.

6. sayow

sayow Well-Known Member

<font color="white">Both games can be as deep or as shallow as you want to make them. I continue to study charactes like Vanessa and Pai and invariably find new ways to approach the game and my opponents. The same is true of Tekken. The only difference I find notable is that the strategy factor goes up when you play VF4. If you learn a 10-string or set of 4 or more combos, you can set up any scrub in Tekken 4 for a blowout. VF4 plays out closer to a cinematic fight. There's more give and take that goes on and to me that's more fun than dishing out the damage through an inescapeable set of buttons inputs or, worse yet, being on the receiving end of that vortex...</font color>

7. CrYingCHoCoBo

CrYingCHoCoBo Well-Known Member

1. actually yes, Lei-Fei has one of his very own, unfortuanetly you can only see it in the background screen during the credits after u beat arcade, or on the actual arcade machine, it'll show up.