1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Tekken movie

Discussion in 'General' started by Bronze Parrot, Feb 21, 2002.

1. Bronze Parrot

Bronze Parrot Well-Known Member

2. Mirkan

Mirkan Well-Known Member

Isn't there one already? Called.. uuuuuhm... Kuen sun I think.
    I have not seen it myself, but I've seen pictures from it..

3. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

Yeah.. I found out like 3 month ago..

4. Enishi

Enishi Well-Known Member

PSN:
    dr_curien
    XBL:
    JoeTestman
    The other Tekken movie that was made was VERY illegal so they had to change the names of charas and change the name of the movie to "The Avenging Fist" since Namco didn't authorize it... But now they ARE making one...This..is..terrible...

5. Mirkan

Mirkan Well-Known Member

Aah, that's the one..

Still, when you see the characters you won't be mistaken. Yuen Bao plays Kazuya, that's some nice casting at least.. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

6. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

lets all hope it's not another flop like Street Fighter was, the only good thing was Van Damme being in it.

7. Enishi

Enishi Well-Known Member

PSN:
    dr_curien
    XBL:
    JoeTestman
    Well all i can say for sure is that there is no way it could be worse than the Tekken anime....

8. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

inded it was.

9. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hollywoodreporter/frontpage/brief_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1350117>http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hollywoodreporter/frontpage/brief_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1350117</a>

10. Bronze Parrot

Bronze Parrot Well-Known Member

Re: Soul Calibur movie

OTOH, I haven't heard anything new about the Soul Calibur movie, which reportedly involved Sammo Hung.

11. EDK

EDK Active Member

The illegal tekken movie sucks! Dont watch it!

12. Murasame

Murasame Well-Known Member

Just looking at Kaz on the box of the Tekken anime made me cringe...ugh. Perhaps he looked better in the actual movie, I don't know...

13. Murasame

Murasame Well-Known Member

Even though I despise 2D I could not resist a movie made of Guilty Gear X....damn that thing has charisma....
    Although Venom and Zato would have to left out on account of me not giving a damn about them.

14. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

Re: Soul Calibur movie

If there ever is one..

15. Goom

Goom Active Member

Hopefully it doesn't end up cheesy like the Street Fighter movie.

16. 3of19

3of19 Well-Known Member

SF movie

The SF movie was really lame, but it had some funny moments, especially the German version.
    There's a scene in the movie where Guile walks into a bar or something and says "I am Guile". Now in German he said "Ich bin Guile". Nothing wrong with that, except that there is a German word, "geil" that is pronounced the same way as Guile. "Geil" can mean a couple of things, "cool" for example. But also "horny" or "shaggable", so in that scene that buff army dude walks into a bar saying "I am horny/shaggable". A good reply would have been something along the lines: "Well, we can do something about that..." /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

17. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

Lets not hope soo! the only movie based on a videogame soo far that was any good, was Mortal Kombat.

18. Goom

Goom Active Member

Yeh, while the MK movie had a few cheesy moments there were some great parts. The casting and atmosphere of the movie was excellent for the most part. The sequel though, well that was a different story.

19. Mirai_Trunks

Mirai_Trunks New Member

It is going to end up like the Tekken Anime and have the same fate as any other Video Game that was turned into a movie. It will plain out suck

20. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

hey the first mk movie had a great fight scene between scorpion and johnny cage..... was the best moment of the movie i think....the second one blew.....raiden who?? supposedly c. lambert will come back for mk3 movie.......