1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Tekken Tag 2 For Everyone!

Discussion in 'General' started by Cozby, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
  2. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

you guys really do have beaten wife syndrome.

3. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    Hard(est) love beats no love.

4. FrakimusGrime

FrakimusGrime Well-Known Member

Unfortunately FS won't be coming since I ate the head of AM-2's Brain to gain his knowledge on how to make the perfect fighting game. Sorry guys.

5. Kobi

Kobi 'Noh' One Bronze Supporter

XBL:
    Waverusher Kobi
    HEY!

You didn't save any for me...

6. FrakimusGrime

FrakimusGrime Well-Known Member

Lol it was good with jerk seasoning.. So good it made me want to dmpk and 2p my momma

7. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    Did anyone read the fine print & related controversy? While it is rad Namco's doing this, huge price of kit is made worse by the fact that operators have to PAY every time the game registers a credit (guesses are 5-10 cents/credit)

Maybe this is to offset costs that say, in Japan, are recouped by Tekken.net service?

8. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    Yeah I read the whole thing top to bottom and after reading it I just don't see many arcades in the US picking up any of these kits. First off I can't think of 1 arcade that's internet ready. I'm sure there are some on the west coast, but here in the east... nothing! Second throw in the ridiculous price for a kit plus the extra credit fees and this game flops right out of the gate for arcade owners here in good old USA.

Good luck Namco. While I'm not interested in this game I'll pray that the Tekken community doesn't have to wait long for a console release.

9. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Wow, so no VF and possibly no Tekken TTag in arcades in the west. Sucks to be us and it sucks to be an arcade operator.

10. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    I'm pretty sure Next Level has internet. So NYC is good if Henry decides to purchase a cab.

11. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

What's the scene like over at Next Level? I'm psyched to hear that they reopened our chinatown fair already, just under a new name. Is it the same management and stuff?

12. Reno

Reno Well-Known Member

That's not rare. Most of the big games like VF, Tekken, Border Break etc take a cut of the revenue generated by the games. IIRC that's one of the reasons why VF5 got kind of shit on, because their cut was actually much larger than what Namco took for Tekken 6.

13. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    If Namco wants people to invest in these big kits & pricing structures, they should say that these cabs will run future games, such as Tekken x SF, Tekken 7, SC5 etc, that would be a good incentive to make the big up front commitment.