1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Tekken vs VF game - be interested or diss it?

Discussion in 'General' started by Fishie, Aug 27, 2009.

1. jinxhand

jinxhand Well-Known Member

Gundam Wing Endless Duel for SNES was pretty good imo...

2. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member

True... the top tiers would give him a little trouble. But Goh( and most other VF characters) power comes from his ability to attack and counter within the same move e.i. Goh's 1p+k,3,p+k,and 4,6 p+k. I just using Goh cause as and example cause that the character I know best.

3. BrenBed

BrenBed Active Member

That's true...In that case..yeah..he would be able to maintain a strong offense as well as defense...but the good thing about Goh...is that even if you are forced to fight defensively...his style caters to defense as well as offense...So he is comfortable on both ends..

And he has some of the best pokes...

4. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
  5. ShinyBrentford

That's why I think VF are the stronger characters because even if you take away the VF movement system most characters would be able to hang attack wise with the greatest of tekken characters. Jeffery is just a Mishima(strategy wise egf=knee) with a way better throw and poke game.

6. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

It sounds like you were talking about sabakis. In that case aoi too has some.
    I'm not an aoi player, but i love the fact that she can reverse some punches and kicks from BT position. That's the best option she has in the reversal's arsenal.

7. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    And neither does Tekken. You can refloat/relaunch someone who techs incorrectly, but when someone is on the floor thats it. Until of course they start to get up. Then they're free game. This is of course pretty much the same in VF. It's just that in Tekken you have more options and it's easier to do the wrong thing. I had the same opinion when i first started playing Tekken 6, but i just needed to learn the basics of the game. I think a lot of people moan about some ridiculous stuff that only happens to them because they don't know the basics.

Asuka and Aoi>>>>Asuka and Pai. All day.

8. BrenBed

BrenBed Active Member

True...yeah I won't sit here and lie and say that I know all of the Mechanics..lol..because I don't...I did not start playing Tekken until Tekken 6...lol...so I still have a lot to learn...

9. jinxhand

jinxhand Well-Known Member

Personally I think Akira would be the Mishima just because you have to use tight movement and be able to j/f knee just as a Mishima would move and bust out a ewgf...

I think overall that the Bryant siblings would fair out as good Tekken characters... I would say Aoi due to mixup, but having to hit [4] or [6] instead of [G] would be kind of annoying...

10. SPINMASTER X

SPINMASTER X Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SMX-001
    This game should have happened a long time ago. now with SFXTekken there is no excuse for this not to happen.

One word: "Dragunov". He's everything that Goh should have been before Final Showdown.

11. SuperPanda

SuperPanda Well-Known Member

Akira would clean house.

If he was a Tekken character, he would be the equivalent of somebody with Leo's attack chains paired with Julia's elbow, 'cept it crumple-stuns on CH, and he's got reversals, a throw launcher, and guard breaks too.

Akira in Tekken = broke.

12. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Better elbow than Julia to be fair. It'd be like a Rocket in Tekken. Safe on block mid Mach breaker that launches. LoL

A lot of VF Sabaki's would break Tekken. Eileen's and Vanessa's 46Ks would be hilarious and Jacky's Pak Sao would be insane.

13. ShinyBrentford

I've looked into Dragunov and I like what I see, but VF 4 evo Goh would wipe the floor with him.

14. SPINMASTER X

SPINMASTER X Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SMX-001
    LOL if you say so. Are you just saying stuff or do you know anything about Dragunov? Dragunov has twice the tools Goh's ever had. Dragunov can be played equally offensively or defensively. The only reason I ever even played Dragunov is because I was frustrated at the things Goh lacked and Dragunov could be played like an extremely offensive version of Goh.

These arguments are nearly all moot anyway. If they put all these characters together they'd be at the mercy of whatever kind of fighting system these developers choose. But if you sum it all up between these two characters, Dragunov > Goh(at least before Final Showdown).

15. quash

quash Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SuperVernier
    XBL:
    GUILTY GAIJIN
  16. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    I sometimes post that image on 4chan to troll people.

I think it was that one anyway. But I'm sure I had been posting it before the FS appeared.

17. TheWorstPlayer

TheWorstPlayer Well-Known Member

Honestly I'd love for them to do what Tekken is doing, a version by each company. I'd LOVE to see VF's version of Eddy Gordo....just sayin.

18. The_Shunjinkogh

The_Shunjinkogh Well-Known Member

Asuka vs. Aoi
    Bruce vs. Brad
    King vs. Wolf
    Jin vs. Jean
    Raven vs. Kage
    Mokujin vs. Dural
    Feng vs. Lei-Fei
    Nina vs. Sarah
    Marduk vs. Jeffrey
    Xiaoyu vs. Pai
    Ganryu vs. Taka
    Wang vs. Shun Di
    Dragunov vs. Goh
    Alisa vs. Eileen
    Paul vs. Akira
    Hwoarang vs. Jacky
    Julia vs. Vanessa

Anybody agree this would be pure EPICness?

19. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    It's the same woman who voices Sarah, Nina, Christie and Zafina.

Funny stuff.

Oh!

Just checking out the VF voice actors. The guy that does Jacky does Barry in Resi 1

LMAO

Dude that does Jeff is master hand in Smash bros

Girl that does Aoi does Hitomi in DOA (Mad, 'cause that's who my mate mains in both)

Guy that does Lion was in a movie called "Casual Sex?"

Dude that does Lei has done loads. Inclu ding stuff for Naruto and he is the Japanese voic eof Clou d Strife from FF7 as well.

Girl that does Pai does Leifang in DOA, Ling in Tekken, and Chun-Li in SFA. She has done loads as well.

The man that does Kage does Cell in DBZ, Vega in SSF4 (I imagine that means Bison due to him speaking Japanese), Ryu Hayabusa's dad, Igniz & Rugal from KOF, Yoshimitsu, Johnny from GG, Gambino in Berserk, Dracula in Castlevania SOTN and much, much more!

That's all the VF5 ones I could see on IMDB but god damn.

20. Fayina

Fayina Member

Interested I would be. Years ago, they should have gone through with it.