1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Tekken Wave Dash Youtube Series....

Discussion in 'General' started by masterpo, Sep 1, 2020.

1. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    I found these Tekken Wave Dash casts pretty good. Some good history, behind the scenes stuff, good Q&A with Ryan Hart and Starscream, gives me a better appreciation for the Tekken 7 scene. Wave Dash 14 with Ryan Hart and Starscream is really interesting. Cuddle Core had some good Tekken perspective in wave dash 13.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNcuCW7SJbU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6epOamy4rs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdv4i6urF4Q

For the Tekken fans out there that haven't seen these latest casts check-em out , and for the VF fans like myself who really don't have a great opinion about Tekken there are some interesting things that the Tekken community and the VF community have in common that are touched on....;)

2. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Aye, cool.
    But I used to play Tekken back in the 90's, so what they are talking about, is not all that new to me. But I'll still check them out. It's nice to see vids like these, where you get to hear some of the old pro tekken fanbase, and new tekken community talk.

I think that exists in all game communities. The Killer Instinct community, is one good example of this, and like the VF community, those poor guys and gals had it tough too.

Thanks for the links Master Po dude.:D

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
    masterpo likes this.
  3. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

I see in the last vid, they talk about the idea, of adding VF sidestepping in Tekken. And some people are saying it is a bad idea, and doing that would destroy the tekken series. I agree because Tekken's gameplay, is a much different game style that VF. Putting proper or real side stepping in Tekken, would expose tekken's gameplay and show the flaws in it too. They would have to make Tekken's gameplay and combat, a bit more realistic, and less gimmicky, for VF side stepping to fit in the game well.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
    masterpo likes this.
  4. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    If you have the time the wave dash podcasts series from 9-16 were all very informative. At least to me they were. I learned a lot about the Tekken offline, tourney, and online scenes from back in the day up until Tekken World Tour 2019. There issues with character balance, cheap characters, everybody's feelings about frames, lag, OP characters, rage quiting, Tekken Seasons, DLC, why they sometimes don't want to use their mains in tournaments, the International scene. What the Koreans, Italians, Pakistanis brought to the Tekken scene. All very very interesting.

They are all pretty high level players, I've looked at a lot of of their matches. Serious skill sets.

As you know Tekken is really not my cup of tea, (although I own Tekken 2,3, 4, 5, 6, and 7) and I really started out playing Tekken, The wave dash series gave me a lot more respect for the game at the "Tekken Competitive Scene". Its clear that high level Tekken players are truly serious about the game. I guess that's true for all FG. But the kangeroos, the pandas, fire balls, rage arts, rage drive, sparks, explosions, juggles from one side of the stage to the next, the 2D characters, the brawler focus just lost me. Its become way to combo , launch and float heavy for me. But had I never seen VF, I would probably be a Tekken player to this day.:LOL:

However, once I saw VF 4, my interest in Tekken got less and less each year and my interest in VF grew. Now I pick up Tekken when friends or family are over and they want to mess around. But when it comes time to get real, its VF. And in between tournaments its SC:ROTFL:

I would like to see a version Leroy's Wing Chung, Feng Wei's Kenpo, and Wang Jinrei's Xin Yi Liu He Quan from Tekken brought to Virtua Fighter. Maybe its those styles that lure be back to Tekken from time to time:LOL:

I wish the Tekken community continued success and longevity;)

beanboy likes this.