1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Tenchi followups

Discussion in 'Aoi' started by Sorias, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Sorias

Sorias Well-Known Member

So, what's the correct combo to follow a successful inashi from Tenchi stance now?

If I remember correctly, in vanilla it always gave you 15 frames which guaranteed 64P+K,P followup no matter what your opponent attacked into stance with?

Now it seems like punches/elbows give you 13 frames (+ side-turned?), and knees give you 15 frames? And the opponent ends up pushed much farther away than in vanilla, as far as I can tell. I'm guessing that's to prevent a throw, which would be kind of strong?

I've been following up all my inashis with PPK into knockdown, which usually gives me a 2KPP off the bounce as well, seems like almost noone recovers correctly there yet. But it doesn't seem optimal. It's a 12 frame punish from +13, and on the knee inashi, the opponent is so far away that sometimes standing punch still whiffs, and then I get nothing.

Is my interpretation above even correct? What are you guys using as a followup?

2. kingo

kingo My bitch G0d3L is a scrub Content Manager Aoi

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    Nothing has changed from vanilla tenchi follow ups, you still get 33P+K for free, except that it may hits the opponent's side ( which can lead to better damaging combos than it would be if it had hit them on axis, so not a bad thing ).
    knee parry, you get +19
    side kick, you get +12
    mid kick and high kick you get +22

What have really changed is the parry on elbows and punches, you get +13 on the side.( so Aoi herself can no longer BT evade or reverses anything ). You still get 64P+KP, but PPK is better. Same goes for side kick parry.
    I still stuggle with the mid kick and side kick parry, the parry animation of these two look really too similar...

3. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza

Yeah, both parries do look very similar to one another. The only difference I can see during the heat of battle is that the opponent's incoming leg gets pushed up slightly higher on a successful mid kick parry. This the only visual cue I go by that tells me which follow-up moves I can use.

Kruza

4. Kikimaru

Kikimaru Well-Known Member

PSN:
    kikimaru024
    Was playing my friend's Jacky there; I got PPK, 2KPP once but I'm not sure why it didn't connect the other times.

Must hit the dojo.

5. Sorias

Sorias Well-Known Member

^^Just to be clear only the PPK is guaranteed. It's super easy to just roll out of the 2KPP, like, so easy that in practice it usually shouldn't even be attempted, and you just need to apply some okizeme after the PPK knockdown.

I just mentioned it above since people online in the first few weeks were not rolling out of even easy situations like that.

6. HiryuZeroTwo

HiryuZeroTwo Member

Does the 8/2 sidestep from Tenchi function as a inashi and if so, for what?

She holds her hands out in a particular way that looks like a parry but I haven't been able to test it.

7. Tiripsem

Tiripsem Well-Known Member

The function of [P]+[K]+[G][8] or [2] works similarly to an evade and (unfortunately) does not have any parrying/sabaki properties.

8. HiryuZeroTwo

HiryuZeroTwo Member

Thank you for the clarification.