1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Tetris Grandmaster... OMFG

Discussion in 'General' started by ken, Feb 28, 2002.

1. ken

ken Well-Known Member

Do you or have you any friends that think they're good at Tetris?

If you answered yes to the above please click the link below for the the correct answer.

<a target="_blank" href=http://homepage2.nifty.com/arika_download/mpeg/Death-Gm05.mpg>Japanese Tetris Grandmaster</a> 16MB

NB. The clip is played at actual speed.

2. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

Holy Motherfucking Christ that dude needs to get a life:)

3. 3of19

3of19 Well-Known Member

I stink at Tetris, but I just downloaded it for curiousity's sake. That is just sick. That guy (or girl) is amazing, the bricks come down so fast, I'd be dead within 20 seconds, and he just keeps going. At some point I started wondering if he was going to fail within the 5 something minutes that mpg lasts, but no, he just kept going. Wow!

4. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

w00t! that guy is fucking crazy, mad skillz!!/versus/images/icons/shocked.gif

5. Blondie

Blondie Well-Known Member

Somebody needs to introduce VF to this guy. He might have the brain and hand speed of ShinZ. CHRIST!! He was unreal.

6. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

wow.............

7. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Holy crap? Is this confirmed to be real???!!!!

8. Darkseed

Darkseed Well-Known Member

Oh my god...this person can't be human

9. American_Pai

American_Pai Well-Known Member

That dude has a Game Genie or something. That shit was straight out "The Matrix."

10. ken

ken Well-Known Member

Its a national championship. The featured guy is known as "Japan's First Grandmaster".

Rules of the tourney were:
    -Survive 1000 pieces
    -Do the above in the fastest time

If you pay attention to the timer at the bottom his final time is 5:58mins. So yeah, this is confirmed real and also at normal time.

Also the counter is in the bottom middle of the screen.

On a side note another guy was 2 secs ahead but he died at 950 or something.

Also they actually pull the joystick drop at the start to gain a speed/time advantage.

11. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Do you know which version of Tetris they were playing? I assume it was an arcade machine?

-Chanchai

12. ken

ken Well-Known Member

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.arika.co.jp>www.arika.co.jp</a>

I guess the game would be an ARIKA version of Tetris.

The link to the mpg is the one dated 1/8 I think.

13. Murasame

Murasame Well-Known Member

DAMN.....

But it's possible.....I mean, when reading aloud, we see words and know what to say as fast as that....he might have been raised to play tetris instead, lol...

14. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

The Force is strong in this one.

It's just goes to show the potential of the human mind. It's a pity though that our best efforts go towards bombs, guns and pop music...

15. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

like blondie said, get him to vf or a crapcom game and see how he does......

16. Goom

Goom Active Member

With dedication, you can achieve anything.
    Very impressive.

17. Genie47

Genie47 Well-Known Member

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

bombs, guns and pop music...

<hr></blockquote>

Guns and bombs I understand but pop music? Adio, are you some kind of Taleban /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif