1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Texas and VF... now you see the light!

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Oni-Kage, Mar 23, 2002.

1. Oni-Kage

Oni-Kage Well-Known Member

Now you see the light at the end of the tunnel... there is hope! T4 may be broke, but now you have VF4!

Yes, the comp may be sparse (non existent in the arcades) but now you have it on PS2 and can practice away... now it's time to include VF4 in our PS2 gatherings and tournaments... build yourself up in Kumite and Vs modes and let's get together to play some real fighting games for once.

BTW for those who don't know, I'm Cosmic Forge from ElectricCancel and TekkenZaibatsu.

Anyhow... I hope you guys now give VF4 a chance and come to realize that I really haven't been insane all this time when I say VF4 is the shit!

2. Blue_Jody

Blue_Jody New Member

THIS GAME IS TIGHT, WE ARE KINDA HAVING TROUBLE WITH LIONS AND OTHER PEOPLE LOW PUNCHING ALL DAY, WHAT ARE SOME WAYS AROUND THIS?

3. Oni-Kage

Depends on who you are using against him... Akira and Aoi have low reversals, (Pai does too but it's more like a stance reversal) and of course everyone can dodge those attacks just as easily (dodge=SS during an attack). His recovery isn't the best so you can always guard low then go for the minor counter. Plus I'm sure many characters have attacks that evade low hits (Kage's u/f+K+G for ex).

4. kil

kil Well-Known Member

XBL:
    kildamonk
    Sup jody when did u start playing man shit i just got mine recently.

btw sup CF.

5. Blue_Jody

Blue_Jody New Member

I STARTED PLAYING WHEN IT CAME OUT TO PS2, WE DONT GOT A ARCADE ONE HERE

6. Oni-Kage

Hey kil... glad you've gotten into the game too. You folks should try to persuade your perspective crews to come over here and post VF related chit chat here so the Tekken sites don't start whining. Heh!

7. Shadow

Shadow New Member

Howdy. Anyways hey Cosmic are you going to TiT4? My guess is no since its only for tekken =D

But anyways I am thinking about running a PS2 VF4 tourney down here probably 2 weeks or so before TiT4 in late May. What you think? And would you and other Austin player come down here for it?

8. Oni-Kage

TiT4 nope... I've lost all interest in Tekken, honestly. I just get fed up with it now. I get mad when I lose in tekken because I usually lose for stupid reasons. I do NOT get frustrated in VF4 because luck and imbalance rarely win... I just take my game to the drawing board and improve it.

As for your VF4 tourney... I will definately need 2 weeks notice if not 3, because I don't have weekends off so I will have to request some vacation time to come down and need to do that in advance. I can try to get some folks to come down but don't get your hopes up... TQ and HP probably can't afford it, but I dunno about the rest of these guys. *shrugs*