1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[THAI] SONY Thai is unfair !

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Ioa, May 16, 2002.

1. Ioa

Ioa Member

If you are in Thailand and also a regular web surfer , you would should know that there are several TEKKEN 4 compettition happening within this month. Gamefreaks will have one on the 19th and then SONY's one will be held on the 23rd. Don't you ever wonder why there have never been any VF competition in Thailand ? Maybe VF is not a good game , no absolutely not , or maybe we are not good enoug to compete each other , no I don't think so. So why not ? I would like to know what you guys think. Oh , just for a note I will enter both competitions just to see how far I can go.I just started playing TEKKEN 4 today !

2. T^5

T^5 Active Member

well, tekken 4 is a crap game. and vf is not scrub friendly so there are more player to willing to pley it. but the most important attracting element to tekken is that it look cool, where vf doesn't. and in bkk, there are always a big crowd playing tekken anyway, if there is a vf tourney then it will not have as much turn out. anyway, if you want to get together with serious thai tekken player go here:
    http://eddygordo.hypermart.net/thaitekken/main.html

hollaback

3. Ioa

Ioa Member

I went to see that competition today. Luckily I had a chance to interview with the guy who organize the contest.His name is Mr. Pinyo Sanguansethakul , a Deputy Manager Playstation & IT Peripherals Dept of Product marketing division , SONY Thai.

I can't remember the exact words :p , but I will try my best to dig them out from my memory.The interview was in Thai all translation is done by me , sorry for any bad English.

Ioa: So , why TEKKEN 4 instead of VF4 competition ?
    Mr.Pinyo : <font color=orange> TEKKEN 4 is more popular than VF4 in Thailand. The game [TEKKEN 4] was released just a month ago so this competition is more adequate. NAMCO has made many games on our PS console already so there are fans who have played TEKKEN 1 - 3 on PS machine.On the other hand , SEGA has started developing games for our PS machine only recently. I believe there are more NAMCO fan than SEGA fan in Thailand.</font color=orange>

Ioa: How is the sale of TEKKEN 4 compare to VF 4 ?
    Mr.Pinyo: <font color=orange>TEKKEN 4's sale is actually better than VF4 in Thailand , say 10 [copy of TEKKEN] by 7 [copy of VF].</font color=orange>

<font color=yellow>Questions below are not really related to TEKKEN or VF 4, read on if you are interested in Thailand's game market.</font color=yellow>

Ioa : Is there any possibility that the price of PS2 game will come down ?
    Mr.Pinyo: <font color=orange> Yes , infact it will be sooner than you might expected ! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif Now EA is co operate with us [SONY] to bring the price of their game down. You see , EA games are now cost only 1,490 Baht. </font color=orange>

Ioa : That is half of what they used to be !
    Mr.Pinyo: <font color=orange> That's right. In the future we expect to bring price for some games down to only 990 Baht. </font color=orange>

Ioa : Whoa ! That is really cheap. When is that going to happen ? In the next 3 or 5 years ?
    Mr.Pinyo: <font color=orange> No , much sooner than that. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif </font color=orange>

Ioa : Is there any possibility that some game will be produce in Thailand ?
    Mr.Pinyo: <font color=orange> Yes there is. Actually we have a plan to make a Thai version for FinalFantasy X. </font color=orange>

Ioa : /versus/images/icons/shocked.gif Is that true ? I hope they will not make the Thai voice over the Japanese one.
    Mr.Pinyo: <font color=orange> /versus/images/icons/smile.gif Probably it will be just a Thai subtitle with Japanese sound track. I don't want to spoil the test of the game. </font color=orange>

Ioa : Yes , that is better. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif Now PS2 price in America has come down , will that effect the price of PS2 in Thailand as well ?
    Mr.Pinyo: <font color=orange> Yes , the price of PS2 in Thailand will come down as well. </font color=orange>

Ioa :Can I ask when exactly that will be ?
    Mr.Pinyo: <font color=orange> Sorry , I cannot give you a detail yet.</font color=orange>

Ioa : Thank you for your time. I am hoping to interview with you again on Saturday.
    Mr.Pinyo: <font color=orange> You're welcome. </font color=orange>

<font color=yellow>End of the interview</font color=yellow>

I will be meeting him again for a formal (more prepared) interview this coming Saturday (25th May).If you have any questions you want me to ask him , please post them here in this forum.

Thank for reading.
    Ioa

4. Trigger

Trigger Active Member

Thanks for nice info! Truly, vf4 has been underestimated in Thailand. I've just gotten back to BKK and decided to buy PS2 last week. When i tell the shopkeeper (at Mabunkrong) that I'll take a vf4 disc with the machine, he looked at me with disbelief and asked me why not taking Tekken 4 instead (he said Tekken 4 is better graphically and systematically !!?).
    Well another thing is that recently there have been "Mega Month" magazine which features command list of VF4 and Tekken4. The funny thing is that T4 command is presented in good quality colored pages while VF4's command is put in poor recycle-quality paper plus numerous mistake in command input. Nobody give a shit about VF4 in Thailand, that is too bad.

5. EDK

EDK Active Member

That is not so bad. In Malaysia, there's almost no VF4 sign at all. We don't have VF4 arcade machine at all.

6. Ioa

Ioa Member

Thanks for reading the interview. I am glad to know that someone find it useful.

I also noticed that "Mega Month" magazine as well. When I first saw the cover I was quite glad that they haven't forget VF4 , but when I saw the quality of papers that they use for VF4 , I was shocked , really. It was just like you have said. It seems that the publisher doesn't really care much about VF4. It was just like the needed VF4 in there to fill up their magazine. How sad.

However , I think there are still some hardcore VF fan in Thailand but not as much as TEKKEN's. I would like to see VF fan gathering someday in Bangkok. Maybe there will be one soon , who knows. By the way , do you live in Bangkok Trigger ?

7. U_thailand

U_thailand New Member

:cry:

/versus/images/icons/mad.gif [4][6][6][P][K]