1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Thanks Socal players for showing up to Arcade Inf

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Brisal73, Jan 17, 2002.

1. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

I had a great time. Opened my eyes on how awesome this game can be. Wish I could have stayed longer, but the gf had to go home. Hope you guys liked AI. I like AI just because the people that work there seem to care about the customers. For the guy to fix the controllers and move 2p vs. to 3 rounds was just awesome. I'll be there again on friday night if you guys want to get together. I also have a import Ps2 so i will be getting the game in about 2 weeks time. Im also getting 2 VF sticks also. So maybe if someone has a big enough place we could play it for free. Anyway thanks again Cameron and Brian hopefully we can get even more guys and do this again.

2. gribbly

gribbly Well-Known Member

yeah we had a great time as well... it was fun playing against a new opponent, your Wolf is pretty nasty!

The arcade is awesome -- all Japanese cabs, and seemingly run by real game enthusiasts rather that the usual disinterested minimum wage college student/semi-retired ex-laundromat operator.

Plus it has "Typing of the Dead" =]

The dude repaired the buttons, moved them to our preferred location, and put it on three rounds for us. What a champion.

Any thanks, that was fun. I won't make it on Friday, and am in San Diego next week for work. If I can co-erce spotlite into driving we'll be making it out there again b4 the PS2 version is released.

grib.

3. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    Yeah, great session all around. Hope we can meet up for longer next time, brisal.

I really enjoyed the super-long play with gribbly, we were there until about 2am!

That cabinet is just too sweet, it's a megalo 410. I'd never played on one of those before. I like it much better than the big megalos for some reason. Asian style arcae setups are just so much more civilized.

brisal you have pretty good sense of the game for not having people to play with, keep playing! Have you checked out the videos at sites like Daioh, VF4fx or TBzone? I've been finding them invaluable lately.

One the PS2 version comes out, I'm getting the Japanese one as well. Since I live somewhat between you and Grib, maybe we could meet at my house if it's just gonna be the three of us, and out there if people are coming from riverside etc.

BTW, it looks like Zerom is still in the game! He says he's been playing at college arcade, so maybe I can catch up with him there.

Grib, learning a little about Aoi was also great. Chris has just archived all the old Daioh clips at VF4fx, and it lists the characters used. I'll look for good Aoi clips. She's really fun.

We should start taping our matches somehow. It'll be easy once the PS2 is out...

Spotlite