1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

The Art of Virtua Fighter | Yu Suzuki interview 1995 | Saturn 2 rumors

Discussion in 'General' started by ThunderForce, Mar 19, 2016.

1. nou

nou Well-Known Member

Nope. SoJ was the one that apparently pulled rank and released the 32X. Sega's rep was already tarnished. Releasing two Saturn's would've never gave us the Dreamcast.

2. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

Dat sarah pool pose.

3. Lygophilia

Lygophilia Well-Known Member

I was excited for the announcement Virtua Fighter 3 at the time. I felt that it had the most gameplay diversity out of the rest of the games. The uneven grounds, a camera adjuster to play three ways, and certain commands like the sidestep having more than one button. I missed the counters (A back+B) from previous games as well. They had more interesting commands, so I'm going to side with the third as Yu Suzaki's very best work.

Harada added uneven grounds to Tekken 4 as well, which I thought was one of the reasons what made the series at it's prime. Playing on even lines all the time and having more walls/gates from either series after them were more one-dimensional. Overall, the Sega Saturn and Dreamcast were the best of 3d gaming for me.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016