1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

The best and worst way to get Dural.

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by CreeD, Feb 7, 2002.

1. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

First of all, if anyone's racing to see 100 wins and get dural in kumite, there's a few cheesy ways, but one is far above the rest. It's very easy and consistent.

1. Create a new player and save it to your memory card.
    2. Choose Vanessa.
    3. When you play in kumite, all you need is one simple sequence to win:

b,b+K+G (charge it for at least 3 seconds or so), d/f+P+K+G, d/f+K

The charge attack will -always- KD if it hits, and once it KD's, you can -always- land a low throw immediately by using d/f+PKG. After the low throw, a ground kick is guaranteed. The beauty of this method.. even if the charge attack is blocked, your opponent undergoes a strange stagger animation and a low throw is STILL guaranteed. The CPU never escapes it (afaik).

If the charge attack hits, the whole sequence does 55-60% damage. If it's blocked, it does 35%, so just three will give you a win. If the opponent won't give you any breathing room to start the charge attack, PPPK is a good spacer.

==============
    the worst thing you can possibly do: Get 110 wins in a row WITHOUT first making a new character and saving her to the memory card. No Dural if you don't save (probably because the tougher opponents never challenge you if you're not 'registered').

I could just shoot myself. I'll get the 100 wins again tomorrow with a registered Vanessa so I can see what's up with Dural.

Other cheesy methods: Pick sarah, go into stance, then just do one standing K at a time... over and over. This method's a lot slower and riskier, I lost at around 40 wins because Akira kept reversing me and using dodge attacks.

2. Pick aoi and use the dive kick over and over. I gave up on this one after two matches, the CPU just doesn't buy it.

All of the above methods were gleaned from IRC. I think #2 is feixaq's. Kudos to whoever it was that mentioned Vanessa's.

2. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

My method's gonna be easier...wait until I meet someone who already has Dural, and copy his/her file to my memory card. /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

3. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

just to clarify,

the b,b+k+g (charge) block stagger DOES NOT guarantee a low throw in ver C. Just go to free training mode and set CPU to standing block and try. Somehow the kumite CPU always seems to crouch after that stagger (I think) making to low throw looks confirmed.

4. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Yeah, kbcat has pointed out on virtuaproject that this is strictly a vs. CPU glitch. It won't work against human opponents.

It's something to teach your pet Van AI to do though... =)
    "Good girl! Now go beat up Dural for me too!" /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

5. uk-guy

uk-guy Well-Known Member

With Kage do:

uf+K+G (blocked)- PPb+P - uf+K+G...

6. DeathCom

DeathCom Well-Known Member

Impressive little glitch there /versus/images/icons/smile.gif However, after 118 wins, I saw no Dural. Eventually, a Lau went psycho dodging on me and I lost. BTW, I noticed that when using this on Vanessa in her tai stance, it doesnt work (the low throw).

Anyway, I know not why Durl never showed her bald head. Is there a certain rank you have to be for her to show up? Also, is there a list of the ranks around here?

-DeathCom

7. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

I had the same problem, 120 wins then I gave up. I guess you need to be high rank. It would suck if I only needed to be one or two above my current rank, but advancing one or two ranks would literally take a couple of hours, so.. I hadda stop.
    Vanessa's currently 4th dan, 120-0. Lau is 8th dan, but with a crappy record, and I can't see how I'm gonna win 120 in a row.

And yah, mt stance vanessa doesn't fall for it. Gives me a heart attack every time I see her go into it. You can prolly reverse the elbow drop she always uses instead.

For the ranks, I think it works like this:

9th kyuu (lowest) - 1st kyuu (highest) ... and then when you get promoted from here, it changes direction.
    1st dan (lowest dan) - 10th dan (highest) ... then haou. Then above-haou (there are like three level above haou or so).

Check out <a target="_blank" href=ftp://vf.dyndns.org/VF%20Archive/VF4_Costumes_All_Colors>ftp://vf.dyndns.org/VF%20Archive/VF4_Costumes_All_Colors</a>
    so see all the costume colors for each rank.

8. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Again, getting Dural has NOTHING to do with getting 100 wins in a row. 100 wins gets you special items for some characters, but not all (didn't get anything for Lei, for e.g.).

To get Dural, you must be Monarch (TeiOh / Di Wang) or above. TeiOh is 1 level above Supreme King (HaOh / Ba Wang). Dural will randomly appear to fight you then. The only other statistic that I had was a 90% win record in Kumite mode, but this may or may not be relevant in getting to fight Dural.

9. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

This is happy news, thanks for clarifying. Maybe my crappy lau has a chance.

10. oldtimer

oldtimer Well-Known Member

supremes made a wonderful post regarding the ranking system, I"ll repost it here..

"
    Here is how the ranking system works (from a Hong Kong game magazine):

1st here is all the ranks (I guess):
    levevl 10 > lev 9 > lev 8 >lev 7 lev 6 >lev 5 > lev 4 > lev 3 > lev 2 > lev 1 > beginning rank > rank 2 > rank 3 > rank 4 > rank 5 > rank 6 > rank 7 > rank 8 > rank 9 > rank 10 > little monarch> monarch > king > frist king > devil king > god of wind > god of thunder > god of dragon > The Empire(Emperor) > The Great Empire(Emperor)

After you go up to the beginning rank your points disappear because now who are you fighting become important. You need to win 5 matches with the same rank opponent to go up a rank. 1 win give up (+1) point, 1 lose give up (-1) point.

The ranking system change again when you are up to rank 10. Now when meet with an little monarch rank opponent and win your rank goes up with that 1 win. But if you lose to rank 10 opponent you will lost your little monarch rank and back to rank 10 again (so be careful).

After that the ranking system back to 5 wins up one rank system. Some of the opponents in these ranks are The Great Empire(Emperor) Dural and a opponent named Y.S. (Yu Suzuki of course).....

..... When you go up to the beginning rank (Dan) you can now play in the VF1 style character. Just press and hold P+K when choosing your beginning Dan character...

.... Also there are some special items you can get. 1 of them is called 100 straight wins. Yes, you get it if you win a hundred matches straight. But be careful if you put on the 100 wins item and lose to a same character opponent (e.g., Jacky vs Jacky) your 100 wins item will lose to that opponent.

1 of them is called the Rainbow Sphere item (in order to get the Rainbow Sphere, you need to get 7 different colors' sphere [win a opponent with the Empire rank will get you one]).......

........Here are some of the 100 wins and Rainbow sphere (RS)items.

Akira: RS > Wild hairstyle
    Jacky: RS > Long Blonde Hair. 100 > Red Head band
    Sarah: RS > Heart shape earring. 100 > Bunny Rabbit head piece
    Lau: 100 > Helmet. RS > Peking opera mask
    Pai: RS > Peking opera mask
    Wolf: 100 > Fire mask. RS > Long hairstyle
    Jeffery: 100 > Latin head piece. RS > Barbarian hair style
    Kage: 100 > large dart. RS > 73 hairstyle
    Shun: ??
    Lion: 100 > Rainbow hat. RS > Silver hair
    Aoi: 100 > Drum. RS > Silver Kabuki hairstyle
    Lei: 100 > Buddhist necklace. RS > Mens' style ponytail
    Vannessa: 100 > Navy Cap. RS > Ponytail hairstyle

end of repost..

Never validated the information but it makes sense..

=)

11. oldtimer

Kage 100 wins. He gets a big a$$ shuriken that straps to his back.

Rainbow sphere item, is indeed hairstyle. Nifty.

Both verified. But have yet to get the second sword..sigh.

12. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Lei: 100 > Buddhist necklace. RS > Mens' style ponytail

Actually, just to add to this, there are 4 levels of 7 spheres. The first set gives 2P Lei a ponytail, the second set gives 1P Lei a new hat, I'm working on the 3rd set of spheres...

13. oldtimer

Yea, I'm working on me second set spheres now.

Can anyone else verify the 100 win item and the rainbow sphere items for the other characters?

Maybe I should start a new thread.. :p

14. jacqueline

jacqueline New Member

I use AOI exclusively and my main fighting move is up and r2 and I never fight dural

15. b4k4

b4k4 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SoundReason
    I can verify that Lion's 100th win item is the Rainbow (Prism) Cowboy Hat... haven't gotten his sphere items yet though... I know it's the different hair colours, I just don't know in which order they occur. They're Blue (which I won in Kumite), Red, Silver... and I've heard reports of Blonde (?) I know this is already the colour of his hair... which is why I wonder...

16. blackshadow

blackshadow Well-Known Member

shun's hundred win item is red dragon bottle then with all characters if u jus wanna be cheap n cheat those annoyin methods jus keep gettin the spheres until they dont dissapear then hunt the AI bastards wit the otha items n u got em all

17. Vicious666

Vicious666 Well-Known Member

ok, Lion's hair...if I remember correctly:
    1st sphere item: Blonde Hair (his hair is actually more brown than blonde, and you can really see the difference with the blonde hair.
    2nd sphere item: Red Hair
    3rd sphere item: Silver Hair
    4th sphere item: Blue Hair

although with the Blonde Hair equipped, you can do specific tasks to get the other colors (how i got silver) or win them from another Lion (how i got blue).

now if i could just find the pink sunglasses...

18. b4k4

b4k4 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SoundReason
    GOD YES! Does anyone know how to get the pink sunglasses? I can't get them or find them ANYWHERE! Agh!

19. ad91791

ad91791 Well-Known Member

Search tha damn page b4k4!

20. Guest

Guest Guest

You need 110 wins in a row to face Dural thats insane!