1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

The Best Bruce Lee in A Fighting Game.....?

Discussion in 'General' started by masterpo, Oct 23, 2022.

1. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    Tekken's Marshall Law: Nope!, DOA's Jan Lee Nope!, Virtua Fighter's Jacky Bryant Nope!:LOL:

Bruce Lee in this game:ROTFL:

2. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

UFC Bruce Lee.:D
    After being hit by a barrage of attacks, dude,.... that jump kick at the end of the 1st vid, literally knocked him out.:holla:

Last edited: Oct 30, 2022
    masterpo likes this.
  3. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk
    Yea that Bruce Lee, and the game in general is bananas :ROTFL:

beanboy likes this.
  4. ICHIBANin10000

ICHIBANin10000 Well-Known Member

Jacky is a very good character in his own right. Not a direct Bruce Lee clone. Jacky captures the spirit of Jeet Kune Do in general: improvisation and adapting. In that respect, thats what Bruce Lee wanted for his student when he taught Jert Kune Do, so that by default makes Jacky the best Bruce Lee type character in fighting games.

In Dragon the Bruce Lee story, Little Dragon was about to fight a guy . The guy said " Ive read all your books, I know all your tricks!" Lee "replied , maybe I came up with some *new* ones!" That's a *very* Zen statement, and it epitimizes Jeet Kune Do. Mashall Law gets an honorable mention, as does the Tekken series in general.

beanboy, SDS_Overfiend1 and masterpo like this.
  5. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk
    (y)

(y)

I don't know about Law though., I would probably give Jan Lee from DOA , and Maxi from Soul Calibur the nod before Law:LOL:

6. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

Dragon: The Bruce Lee story

beanboy likes this.
  7. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    I got a couple of cool clips with Bruce Lee that I saved in that UFC4 game. Only got it because it was free. It's pretty cool. Really hard to get matches with low latency, though. Makes blocking on reaction damn near impossible. Anyways.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2022
    masterpo likes this.
  8. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    I thought they portrayed him really well in that game though.

While I haven't played with every Bruce Lee inspired character, I like Jacky the best because it feels like he's a student of Jeet Kune Do and he applies the principle of "freedom" in his "fighting style".

I started trying to learn Jacky earlier this year (or was it last year?) Anyway. That dude is ridiculously nasty. The things he can do is insane. I'd catch myself saying "Damn, he can do that too?!" Lol. He's quick, good spin moves, he's elusive as fook, got some moves with some sick snap and pop. He just really feels like a very free character/has a lot of freedom within the moves they gave him.

Besides the One Inch Punch.. One thing I linked (in my opinion) with what they gave Jacky to show tribute to Bruce, is how they gave him a mid kick that's as fast as a jab. His 2K+G is 12 frames. That's nasty, lol. And I think/believe this was the inspiration for his 2K+G and the last kick of the extra exaggerated follow up kicks.

The kicks he does from 1:25 to 1:36. Mans is doing mid kicks as fast as a punch. And after the 2 hit combo (which would be Jacky's 5th or whatever kick) instead of the bouncing around like Bruce did, Jacky does that stylish way of bringing his foot down. Which can essentially mean the same thing because they both took time to do something.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2022
  9. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk
    Online is tough.., This game like VF is best played offline and offline VS mode. Yea., I play from time to time online but its only with friends and family that are not close by.

The single player is and offline vs modes are bananas :)

I love setting up tournaments and events in single player. player vs cpu and cpu vs cpu. All the different modes.

This game was worth every penny of the $59.99 I paid for it. And because the developers took care of the casual players with pretty good single player modes. I support them in the online store by spending significant money on DLC and in game purchases., :cool:

I thought about trying Jackie way back when, but his personality ......:confused:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2022
  10. ShawnK

ShawnK New Member

Yes, there are games for which it is not a pity to give money! And it's the kind of game that's fun to play alone, I totally agree with you. But also the battle with friends has its own intrigue!

Last edited: Dec 2, 2022
  11. SSfox

SSfox Well-Known Member

Easy answer: Marshal Law, specially in Tekken 4. My fav design of him, and he got insane gameplay improvement after last game.

12. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Yeah, in a sense, I would say Law from tekken. It would be easy to say Law. But Jann Lee from DOA though. Wooo taaaah!!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2022
  13. Swevicus

Swevicus Active Member

Bruce Lee on the ZX Spectrum. :)

14. Y'all can't forget about the Chosen One Liu Kang

Swevicus likes this.