1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

the best vf videos on the net, in order

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Guest, Oct 28, 2000.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

i dont [doodle] have a fast modem, so wanted to know which do you guys think is the best to download first?
    some movies were posted where people commented that the style was very machi [Machiavelli] or non eventfull [eventfully] or whatever, so why bother making that movie? which ones have the best/coolest [bested] style? ie [if] people playing shun in the drunken style really well or something that just looks *interesting*. as opposed to conservative machi [Machiavelli] tournament play

thx [thyself]

2. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

IMO, they're all good. Not to mention that I don't want to create a list of best going down... Everyone put a lot of effort into their vids and I'm sure they're proud of them (and have the right to be). Comparing them just wouldn't seem to be good for everyone.

However, depends on what you want to see.

You mentioned Shun, so basically what comes to mind is AdamvsNelson and CrewNYC(Andy) vs. Nelson (I think that one is titled newcrewNY or something like that, just look for new). Those are quite a few rounds (plenty altogether) and they show some of Nelson's "Ghettoshun," which is pretty damn good.

-Chanchai

3. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

This really can be a hard one and I sympathize
    for the lack of 'net speed. I'm in much the
    same boat.

Chanchai's right though. For Shun fun CrewNYC has
    a good flick: Adam (akira) vs. Nelson (shun)

If you were to give more of what you're looking for we
    could help more. Do you want just versus movies or
    are you looking for combos or tactical?

btw, some of the best movies are actually made for a
    rival game...Tekken. at tekkenzaibatsu.com youcan find
    really nice movies made by Castel. Really
    excellent stuff.

GE

4. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

As Godeater mentioned, that Tekken site has excellent videos for the Tekken fans.

Also, at http://www.shoryuken.com, James Chen has been making some excellent combo movies. They were pretty standard stuff (except the combos themselves which were great), but now, as of less than a month ago, he's been really making an effort on the editing skills and everything. So check out the more recent Capcom vs. SNK or Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 combo movies by James Chen (JChensor) if you're into any of those games. Well edited, great stuff.

Anyways, there have been so many VF movies lately, and I think they've all been at least pretty darn good. They keep on coming too. Different categories. Matches, combos, techniques & tactics, novelty (akira dance for instance, not to mention Kage's Shinsodan of death to Taka, etc.), memorials & trailers/compilations. More coming for sure.

-Chanchai

5. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

just make sure to check with andy and see if you're GOOD enough to download his movies.

--
    "A chem bla deshembla blurr fuh bli fouzh"