1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

The Challenge Thread

Discussion in 'Xbox Live' started by tonyfamilia, Oct 2, 2008.

1. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

*dramatic music plays* TANN TANN TUNN!
    That's right folks, you all know what time it is, lol.

Seriously, I made this thread with the hope of promoting more action on XBL. No this isn't like the sparring thead.
    This is for anybody who has always wanted to play somebody else but has never gotten around to it for whatever reason...
    AND...
    Also, if you want to avenge yourself or you have a grudge or score to settle, settle it on XBL and post about it here or on the Good Games or Bad Games thread.

Let the challenges begin!
    I challenge:
    SDS Overfiend! Yes, my brother from another mother left me feeling dirty after our last matches when he fought my Lau with his Jacky and DMP+K'd the crap out of me /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif
    I got love for you fam but I must avenge my honor /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Seriously, I wanna play you tonight if possible, it's been a while. I'll be on between 10-11pm. Meet me by the trash bin behind the school :mad:
    Lmao! Yo SDS, let me know if you can play me tonight man, for seriously.

2. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

first to 5?

3. KingofcarnageVF

KingofcarnageVF Well-Known Member

Im all go no quit, just ask Tony Fam!
    Let the Bitch Slaps begin /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

4. tonyfamilia

Up to you and the person you challenge. You can issue a challenge as detailed or not as you like, for example:

I challenge -----.
    First to ten.
    No walls.
    Character switching allowed.
    In ranked.
    Saturday, 10/5 at noon, Eastern time
    -OR-
    I challenge -----.
    I always wanted to play you. I'll be on this Saturday, can you play? Up to you for how long, I'm cool with whatever.

It's up to the challengers and those brave enough to step up to the challenges /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

5. KingofcarnageVF

KingofcarnageVF Well-Known Member

I can see the bitchin' and whinin' already in ranked. Nothin wrong with it if both parties agree.

6. smb

smb Well-Known Member

I challenge T fam to ranked matches tonight, when he's done with SDS, me using lei, high walls, race to ten, you using........goh.

7. ShinobiFist

ShinobiFist Well-Known Member

Post results, the DRAMA, and the VIDS if possible.

8. smb

smb Well-Known Member

4 real response here:

I challenge Cidkid, to a lei fei mirror match. Whenever suits you cid, for however long you're willing to destroy me for, under whatever conditions. advice post session would be greatly appreciated.

9. tonyfamilia

I don't see CidKid online too much but from speaking with him, I can tell you this: he hates mirror matches. I tried to get him to fight my Brad with his Brad but he wouldn't do it.

Just got done watching Survivor and the debate, now Ima see if Overfiend is on and gives me a few beatdowns /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

10. DaBadSeed

DaBadSeed Well-Known Member

yea cid don't like MM ,shit nor do i fuk a MM /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

11. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    hahaha Ak! YOUR BLAZE... YO, THAT LIL' FIREFIGHTER AIN'T NO FUN SON!

12. tonyfamilia

Well, couldn't get Overfiend to play me that day but DBS stepped up and took care of his light work XD

DBS had Pai and I had Brad, this had been a very bad matchup for me up until that day we fought. I didn't know anything about Pai back when he used to kick my Brad's ass for free (as he would say /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif ) well, I was glad that I put up a really good fight against his Pai this time thanks in part to Ladon picking up Pai and putting me in a situation where I have to either learn her or keep getting beat up.
    Ladon doesn't really teach or show you how to beat a character he plays with. For example, I just found out that the other day that Shun's KK2P is not safe /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif I've been playing against his Shun for a couple of years now and I found that out recently because I was looking at frame data and I was like "whaaaat???", lol. He was like "oh, you didn't know that?" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Anyway, it took me looking at frame data to deal with Pai and her shenanigans but then my crazy ass says "hey, I wanted to play your Pai with my Lau again" and DBS says "that's cool but Ima play with Lion" so I was like bet!
    What the hell did I get into? Last time I fought his Lion I wasn't that good on the stick yet and now that I'm better I got destroyed. I barely won like 2 maybe 3 matches but he beat me like 10 times or more, it was horrible.
    So then, my bright self says "damn, I think I did better against your Lion and Aoi the last time we fought" and then he says "oh, you know what, let me play you 10 matches with Aoi".
    This mofo took all 10, all 10 of them matches straight! X(

DBS, no excuses bro, you ate me alive fam. Thanks for the fights, regardless of how bad you kick my ass, you help make me a better player /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbs_up.gif

13. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    I'd like to issue an open date challenge to Assasin CP (if he ever reads this), first to ten, your wolf vs your pick of my alts (Lion, Brad, lol Jeffry, rofl Akira) so you won't whine about my "broken character who's positive on block" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Hint: duck those backhands silly /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

14. tonyfamilia

GGs Carolina Panther and mad props on stepping up to my unofficial challenge /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbs_up.gif
    Sucks we only got to play about 4 or 5 matches before we got dc'd. At least it happened after a fight instead of during it. I hope that we can do it again and have a longer session next time.

15. CarolinaPanther

CarolinaPanther Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Nomas_Tomas
    The feeling's mutual, although you basically destroyed me for the time I was there. Back to the damn drawing board for The Aoi -_-

Yeah, after I was disconnected (even though I was still connected to Live, go figure...) I contacted you to make sure I was still (while I was still on), then minutes later I get disconnected for real (and I actually WASN'T on Live anymore -_-)

16. seven5suited

seven5suited Well-Known Member

<span style='font-size: 20pt'> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif CHALLENGE: /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif </span>

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>seven5suited</span> (PA)
    -vs-
    <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Switchnationer</span>(SH)

First to 20. Recorded or not. XBL or in person. All PA vs SH.

The gauntlet has been dropped, sir!

(yes, I saw the vid of the Brooklyn Tourney and I know I can do better than that now, even though I'll still probably lose /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif )

17. smb

smb Well-Known Member

oh shit ^^ that be a serious challenge, has this been accepted?

18. seven5suited

seven5suited Well-Known Member

Noop. I bet he hasn't seen it yet. After Halloween I'll issue a new challenge to someone else. I like the idea of this thread.

19. DaBadSeed

DaBadSeed Well-Known Member

yea 7 denkai like most of us is getting sick of this vf,shit me and him play shitty sc4 more' wut does that tell u /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

20. Shidosha

Shidosha Well-Known Member

PSN:
    I_Am_Shidosha
    XBL:
    Ur Not Shidosha
    oh god...