1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

The Complete History of Virtua Fighter 5

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Jul 19, 2022.

By Myke on Jul 19, 2022 at 2:31 AM
  1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    This video from @Khanage contains information about every single release of Virtua Fighter 5 in chronological order. From the first location test in 2006 to the most recent release - Ultimate Showdown in 2022, nothing is left uncovered!

Khanage's YouTube Channel

Last edited: Jul 19, 2022

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Jul 19, 2022.

1. Khanage
      Khanage
      Wow, thanks for posting my video here, Myke! I only recently started playing Virtua Fighter for real, and I've already fallen in love with it.

There's just something about the gameplay that makes it extremely unique and satisfying to play, so it's always a blast to get my ass handed to me in a match! I hope that the fine VF connoisseurs on this fantastic site enjoy the video.

I'm still a lone content creator who makes videos by myself in my room at unhealthy hours, so I'm glad that the video was enjoyed by many!

This was supposed to be a one-off type of deal, but due to the positive feedback, I've started planning for more VF related videos in the future! Thank you all very much :)

PS. A big thank you to Gab, Made Man, Myke, Elson Wong, Berzerk, the guy that I commented casuals with at BAM (can't remember your name!) and others over at the Virtua Fighter Australia Discord server for teaching me about the game and its history.
    2. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      That was Kenny, but I can't remember his handle on here! I thought it was Tweleve, but that doesn't show up on the member's list.
      We're really happy you're enjoying the game, and hope you keep getting some good matches with the Melbourne scene. We'll see you at the next major!

I enjoyed the video too, well done! Well researched and presented.
    3. Myke
      Myke
      MadeManG74 likes this.
    4. masterpo
      masterpo
      @Khanage

Good stuff mate. I enjoyed the content and presentation much(y) Although VF is niche it is the best 3D arcade martial arts simulation on the planet bar none. VF5US would have been an even bigger hit if RGG had included the single player content (i.e. Sparring Mode, License Mode, High Score Mode) from VF5FS. Gen Z is more into story and single player content than Gen Y. Hopefully RGG will realize this and correct the oversight for the next release of VF.:cool:
      faster 10 lightning likes this.
    5. XxFROGZILLAxX
      XxFROGZILLAxX
      Great video!

Besides the obvious online mode the only other thing I did notice between VF5 PS3 and VF5 X360 was one of Vanessa's throws had a slightly different camera angle or shot between the versions, I think it was one of her semi/3 quarter circular ones?

I wonder if I still have the fastest time on Xbox Live with Sarah Bryant's Timed Command Training (2:01 flat)? I had a mini callus from hitting that 'Back' button a million times! Took me a month to beat TraverseDegree - if you're somewhere out there or in here, you have my respect (y)
      MadeManG74 likes this.
    6. Pharmacist
      Pharmacist
      Good stuff, although I dunno why you didn't mention VF5 vanilla version D in the video.
    7. MarlyJay
      MarlyJay
      As far as I remember, Version D had no system changes and just added cosmetics. Is it the only named version to do this?
    8. Myke
      Myke
      I think the last version of VF5R (Ver.C) was similar. Also, Final Showdown Ver.B was also the same, with no gameplay changes. More details can be found here: No Changes in Game Balance for VF5FS Ver.B
      MarlyJay likes this.