1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

The damn bunny the second time

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by HunterRose, Mar 22, 2002.

1. HunterRose

HunterRose Active Member

Ok I saw the post earlier about the bunny and how to remove it.
    Now I want to talk about how I got it AGAIN.
    The first time I received MR. Bunny was after a string of losses to higher ranked opponents. 7-9th Dan 4 in a row.

I removed it.

But low and behold I make 5th Dan, win a dozen or so, and then I go and lose to a Hero Kage, a Champion Akira, and a 9th Dan Jerky. Not the Bunny is back. I even had a friend knock me down a Dozen times in a row and TR all of them.

Any clues???

2. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

i got the bunny twice for kage too. i beat the computer(kumite)excellent 1 round and got rid of it. I tried getting lots of excellent/TR,etc on a 2nd player i didn't get rid of it. Don't know why........

3. HunterRose

HunterRose Active Member

I had a double perfect on one opponent, then I TR like crazy on the opponent after that.
    Oh well If I get it off I'll post the results.

4. HunterRose

HunterRose Active Member

OK I still have the Damn thing.
    I went on a 20 game winning streak.
    I had one match where I had 3 excellents
    Another with 3 Ring outs
    I also went from 6th dan to 7th.
    Anyone???

5. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

This may seem obvious, but have you tried taking it off in the Character Edit menu? You might be able to remove it in your items menu at this point. After you remove the item once you can usually manually choose to equip and unequip it, so maybe that's why you need to do.

Why anyone would want to get rid of Usagi-san is beyond me, though. He is the cutest thing on earth. (^^)

6. HunterRose

HunterRose Active Member

I tried. It won't come off.
    It gives me the Dunce Item message.
    Usagi-san Is nice but he clashes with my outfit???

7. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

I'm keen on getting that polar bear back pack I keep seeing one Akira wearing... does anyone know if that's a "dunce item" or if you win it another way?

Heh, I'll probably lose on purpose when I start playing with Akira and Kage to get the bunny and squirel. They're much better than the goofy masks/hats/glasses that I see the other characters with.

8. nxw0016

nxw0016 Well-Known Member

I am currently having this Mr. Bunny for the second time as well. The previous time I got it, I don't remember what my ranking was, and I don't even know how I got rid of it. After several matches it was just gone (automatically).

Right now, this time, I am at Emperor ranking and actually I was on a winning streak when I got it. It was after a match vs Lau, in which I was very annoyed by how b*tchy the CPU is, and narrowly escaped defeat. The problem I could think of is that my throw was escaped like crazy by this Lau during this match. There was one point that he escaped TFT 5 times in a row. Yes usually I would change throw, but at that time I was just so annoyed and I said "see how many times you can escape", so I kept using TFT until I was close to losing the match. But after I changed throw he STILL escaped several. Then after that match the dunce item shows up. I am thinking it's probably because my throws were escaped too many times in a match?

9. HunterRose

HunterRose Active Member

I actually had to win 10 in a row to get it off.
    either that or I had to start blocking mor low attacks. Which I did over the 10 game span.

I have yet to get the Squirel.

10. King_Ruckus

King_Ruckus Member

Yupa,

You can win "Little Bear" from Akira AS Akira. Just beat him and it's yours:).

11. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    okay, I've decided that I want the rabbit on my akira. While I was in Japan, I got it "naturally"; but as I haven't ever gotten it on the PS2, I am curious how to get it.

A magazine I have lists the methods for getting all items, and the rabbit is listed as "5 consecutive losses". Last night I played with Plague, and he got the rabbit several times. Plague's Akira had the "high king" rank, and he was mostly getting it by loosing to people with 1st or 2nd dan ranks.

Now, this morning I played with my roomate, who had an 8th kyu Lei, and I lost 5 times in a row... no rabbit.

I figuredthis was because his rank was lower than my 1st dan vs. record akira, so I loaded his "battlelord" lei, and beat my akira 5 times in vs. play. no rabbit.

next, I tried kumite. I lot about 8 times, no rabbit. then I lost 11 times (going down to 1st kyu), no rabbit.

So, here are my questions.

1. Do you have to be a Dan rank to get the rabbit?
    2. Do you have to be a Dan rank to GIVE the rabbit?
    3. Does the relationship between the 2 ranks matter (higher/lower)?

Obviously, some lower ranks can give it to higher (since mike and I gave it to plague). But that's all I can tell for certain. I know when I got the squirrel, I lost 3 round by ring out, I was above Hao Oh, and my oppt was some kind of dan (just like the situation last night). And when Igot usagi in tokyo, I think I was a 1st dan.

I want my vs. akiras to have the rabbit, so I want to loose just enough to get it, so it doesn't screw up my record too much (ie I don't want to have to throw say 35 matches to the cpu in kumite just hoping it'll come out).

Anyone know the specifics?

Spotlite

12. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

From reading others posts, I would start with a 3rd dan Akira first before trying to intentionally get usagi-san.

13. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    Well, I might try that, but since:

1. when I got the rabbit in japan, I was a shodan (MAYBE nidan)
    2. my vs. play akiras are 1st and 2nd dan

I may try to find another way to get it sure-fire now.

I mean, the magazine and several other sources seem to indicate that it's just five losses; it would just seem there are some pretty specific conditions. maybe I do have to be a sandan on the ps2, but I wasn't in japan...

I'll keep messing around.

Spotlite

14. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Don't go by what was required in the arcade in Japan. I think many of the conditions were changed for kumite mode for the home version.

15. jeffamania

jeffamania New Member

Mr. bunny:

to get: keep getting slamed and don't use tech escape (P+K+G or up,down P+K+G)

to remove:

a: go to game settings: set 1p health to 400, 2p health to 160, 60secs, and 1 round

b: go to vs. pick your kage and pick jeffry as a dummy character

c: use jeffry overhead press (away-P+G) and peform a tech escape(see above) 2-4 times. Then beat up jeffry and win.

on a final note: