1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

The Dark Knight Theatrical Trailer

Discussion in 'General' started by samtheseed, Dec 15, 2007.

1. SweepTheLeg

SweepTheLeg Well-Known Member

Re: R.I.P. Heath Ledger

Daniel Day-Lewis -- this deserves its own thread but have you guys seen "There Will Be Blood"?

Fantastic! He is at the peak of his powers.

2. RedSonRising

RedSonRising Well-Known Member

absolute shame that Ledger is dead, hope it was just an accident and not suicide.. he is definitely on the list of young actors that died in or even before their prime.. i was really looking forward to his Joker in the new Dark Knight film..

actors not on the list of greatest ever
    Samuel Jackson (i love em but he plays the same guy all the time)
    Nick Cage (hate em)
    Sly Stalone (just not a great actor, period)
    John Travolta (hate em)

actors on the greatest ever list somewhere
    Al Pacino (top 5)
    Ed Norton (top 10)
    Robert Deniro (top 10, top 5)
    Denzel Washington (undoubtedly)
    Don Cheadle (no question)
    Will Smith (has he done any bad movies?)

not to mention the ladies.. im just gonna leave that for another thread.

back to the point the.. definitely a big loss, Heath Ledger.. they say the good die young and Im sure they were all sorely missed too..

RIP

red

3. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

When this movie comes out it's going to break all the records. I remember watching the first Batman & wow the line was insane & it lasted for weeks.

4. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Hate em - that implies there is more than 1 ;p

5. Poppa

Poppa Well-Known Member

No Johnny Depp love? That guy is an incredible actor.

6. DubC

DubC Well-Known Member

Tom Hanks is definitely at/near the top of that list. Saving Private Ryan immortalized him. Not to mention the ORIGINAL Joker, Jack Nicholson... cmon now.

7. YuuKun

YuuKun Well-Known Member

i don't know about Nicholson as the "original" Tim Burton's version. It felt like he was playing himself more than the comic Joker, i.e. The Dark Knight Returns, Year One, and The Killing Joke.

From the sound of Heath Ledger voice laughing as the Joker in the trailer, I thought it was perfectly controlled. Where as Nicholson's was laughing like he always did in all his other films.

Nicholson is good, and I like him alot. as the Joker he felt short in the part.

8. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

R.I.P.
    Truly, a tragic loss.
    From what the news are speculating and judging from some of Heath's quotes about his last role, it would seem that he got really into the character. So much so that he could barely sleep and had to get prescription meds to deal.
    From the way that they are making it sound, the role of the Joker might have driven him a little crazy.
    Of course, the media sensationalizes everything... but I do wonder, what if...
    It's been a topic of discussion at work lately how a lot of these actors suffer sometimes from some levels of psychological stress from playing all of these different roles, specially the ones that really get into their characters and have a hard time leaving their "work" at work.

I'm hype about the movie, the trailers look great and who knows, this will most likely be the biggest grossing Batman yet and maybe even the biggest earner all around this year.