1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

The dodge is killing me

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Pinkgirl, Nov 18, 2001.

1. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Hrmm...to me, it just makes it more boring...I like variables...it makes things less predictable and thus more fun IMHO>

2. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

vf3's intro of an e button is the equivalent of using g to block, instead of holding back. it's just BETTER. fact.

<hr></blockquote>

Probably would be best to write:

vf3's intro of an e button is the equivalent of using g to block, instead of holding back. it's just BETTER. imo.

cheers,

3. Pinkgirl

Pinkgirl Well-Known Member

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

She is merely saying she hates the new command for dodge because it leads to ambiguity and frequent fuckups.

<hr></blockquote> Yesh...exactly...I can recall the millions of times I did not intend to do a dodge, yet somehow managed to execute one! I don't even know how that happened! I only know it cost me dearly...

And I know it sounds really ridiculous, but when trying to execute moves with the "up" command in it (starting command, as in up+...) I only succeed abt 1 out of 5 times! I'm pretty sure it's quite accurate a statistic, seeing how I've been using Lion quite a lot in my gameplay against the computer and almost never succeeding in executing up+k. Sigh. What am I doing wrong?! Is it the timing or what?! Geez...and oh, doing the dodge attack (up+pkg) also got me killed a couple of times when I got the timing wrong (so it didn't execute) and it just came out as a simple dodge. /versus/images/icons/crazy.gif Now I'm so paranoid I don't even use the dodge attack anymore...

4. jackybrothas

jackybrothas Well-Known Member

i think you can quick dodge with lion by pressing df+pkg or uf+pkg....

but anyway try not to let the joystick go back to neutral when tapping up+k. at first you might do a jump kick you didn't intend to do but with more practice you will be able to do the kick(s).

5. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

True, a statement like that is ultimately opinion, but I'm with Mo on this one: I think a very strong case can be made for the E button.

What's the advantage of using the stick? I'd be interested in hearing arguments...

That said, I also agree with ghostDog in that in the long run with some practice it probably won't amount to much difference. Still, we *can* complain, maybe AM2'll bring it back in VF5. ;)

6. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

uk-kid posted, not uk-guy, toadie.

7. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

yeah, i realise how arrogant that sounded, which is why i put the smileys.
    obviously it aint a fact, i'm just so in favour of the e button right now......which isn't to say i think vf4's system won't be fun in its own right....jus' saying. :)

8. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

yeah 'uk_kid', ice! y'know...the guy who is in the top 10 overall posters (quantatively speaking)!!

it's funny - ~400 posts and most ppl are apparently still totally oblivious to the fact that i even post here (even the owner!).

ok, rant over now...

edit: before anyone points it out, i realise i have replied to richio's post, not ice's, but it was sort of relevant, and.......waffle, waffle, waffle....
    you get the picture.

9. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Huh? Wait...you're Mo Imran right? Damn it, I always confuse you and uk_guy together.

10. Big Dipper

Big Dipper Well-Known Member

<i>Yesh...exactly...I can recall the millions of times I did not intend to do a dodge, yet somehow managed to execute one! I don't even know how that happened! I only know it cost me dearly...
    And I know it sounds really ridiculous, but when trying to execute moves with the "up" command in it (starting command, as in up+...) I only succeed abt 1 out of 5 times! I'm pretty sure it's quite accurate a statistic, seeing how I've been using Lion quite a lot in my gameplay against the computer and almost never succeeding in executing up+k. Sigh. What am I doing wrong?! Is it the timing or what?! </i>

The <b>Mantis Hop Kick</b> does good damage, executes very fastand recovers almost as fast as it executes. In many ways it is Lion's "<u>Lost move</u>". Lion retains the initiative if it misses so it is a great teaser for the “chicken player†(one who avoids combat[ back dash, back dash to far edge of screen] yetch;(.) player. If it is blocked molasses recovery of 29-30 frames gives the initiative to your opponent. The Mantis Hop is # 12 in the round openers for Lion VF4 FAQ [see Tot-sans posts]. U+K{license taken} the wind kick may require you to release the kick button before the up movement of the stick for just a moment. If you do the double wind kicks and they are blocked you will be a hurt’in PinkGirl. ICE-9, HIRO, CREWnyc have all at one time or another pointed out to me the subtle differences with different/broken/impaired sticks. Try these movement adjustments. If you are getting a dodge then the U or u (up) part of the command is being registered before the kick command. Whether this is your hand movement or the <i>stink’in stick</i>(?!?) is not important. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. Jaamataashita.