1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

The dumbest question ever, can u answer it please.

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Ruffcoconut, Nov 16, 2001.

1. Ruffcoconut

Ruffcoconut Active Member

Ok, can you move in 3d?
    Is it like a side step ala Tekken?
    Or more like a free roaming movement in DOA2 and 3.(which is useless BTW).

How is it executed in the game, and how do U use it?

2. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

VF2 = Special dodges with Lion and Shun.
    VF3 = Dodge button and Special dodges.
    VF4 = Tap u or d during opponent's attack to get a NICE dodge. Tap u or d in general to get a tiny sidestep. Hold to walk around. But what is important is that it's a "dodge system" more than a "step system." There are also a good amount of 3d movement attacks that do the job nicely.

-Chanchai

3. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

lol. You really should use search more. We mention sidesteps all the time.
    It's sort of like tekken and sort of something else.
    Quickly tapping u or d and then returning the stick to neutral will make a quick dodge, like a tekken sidestep.
    Holding it UF or U or UB etc will make you slowly walk into the screen.
    You get the idea.

4. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Holding it UF or U or UB etc will make you slowly walk into the screen.

Once you get your character walking you can push the joystick in any direction and get 8-way movement. Unfortunately it takes too long and the walking itself is too slow to be worth much in actual gameplay. Learning to Korean step would be much more useful IMO if you want to change the access of the fight or want to try to move around a grounded opponent.

5. Ruffcoconut

Ruffcoconut Active Member

So you aren't able to "jump".?

6. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

you can hop. uf+P and hold onto P. Or uf+K and hold onto K. Can also do this with u and ub.

7. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

So you aren't able to "jump".?

No high jumps in VF4. Read GLC's faq. If you can't find it at www.gamefaqs.com, send me a private message and I'll email the copy I have to you.

Some characters like Sarah still have hop attacks other than the u+P or u+K variety. Sarah's u+K+G and f+K+G hopping crescents come to mind.

Hmm... which character now has the highest leaping attack then?
    Sarah's moonsault
    Pai's crane stomp
    Kage's pounces (Is the far away cannonball thing still in the game? I'm too tired to bother scanning the move list right now... )

The bounce off the wall after Kage's TFT with his back to the wall is really high.... but that's the victim of a move...

Whatever...

8. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

Re: The dumbest question ever, can u answer it ple

LOL!!! imagen if you tried the k-step ..... (^_^)

9. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

Jeff gets pretty damn high with his butt pounce (u+K+G), and Aoi's gets just as high with her akuma drop (u+K+G).

woot!
    kbcat

10. lionrulz77

lionrulz77 Active Member

To sidestep, press [8_] and you will walk around your opponent in a clockwise direction, you will also notice that if you press [2_] you will just crouch, but if you tap it and then (I think) hold it down you can walk around your opponent in an anticlockwise direction. You cannot jump on Virtua Fighter 4, but if you press [8][K] or [8][P] your character will simply hop up in the air and then do a quick kick, great! A jump wit automatic damage! To get in touch with me if you have any questions about Virtua Fighter 4 please e-mail me at auronmaster77@yahoo.com ot visite my website at www.geocities.com/auronmaster77/auronmaster
    Thanks! /versus/images/icons/grin.gif

11. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

lionrulz77: Let me correct some of the things you said. Tap up and hold will make you walk into the screen yes. But tapping down will not make you walk away from the screen. The only way to do that is to walk into the screen and then rotate the direction to back and then down to move away from the screen. Walking in the game is useful in certain situations, but in close fighting the quick side step is much more useful. That is done by tapping [8] or [2] right when your opponent makes a linear attack. You CAN jump in VF4. As stated in a previous reply, if you hold the [K] or [P] button down in the air you will jump or hop without kicking or punching. /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif