1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

The Goh Quiz

Discussion in 'Goh' started by Leonard_McCoy, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    vs BT opponent:
    [4][6][K][+][G] -> [6][6][P][+][K] -> [P] -> [6][6][P][+][K] -> [​IMG][6][P][+][K] (82 pts)

To answer the quiz vs a downed Aoi: against an aoi that focuses on escaping ground throws and performing ground reversals, a heavy down attack is a good deterrent.

And of course, if you bait a whiffed ground reversal, you can combo Aoi for free as she automatically stands up in recovery.

2. Lucky_GT

Lucky_GT Well-Known Member

AkiraZero and Myke are correct : ).

3. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Actually, AkiraZero's combo has an extra [P] before the shoulder, and that combo won't work. :p

4. AkiraZero

AkiraZero Well-Known Member

It works even with tech rolling on but it does less damage and and...ok you win XD It does work on Jeff though, just sayin' ^^

5. Leonard_McCoy

Leonard_McCoy Well-Known Member

Time for the ...

<span style="font-family: 'Verdana'">Solution

The throw the Goh player has just pulled off ([3][P][+][G]) actually allows for a guaranteed ground-punch follow-up [3][P]. But as the opponent uses Aoi’s special ability to reverse ground-punches with [P][+][K], it’s no viable option here. Going for a ground-throw is also out of question, due to her insane luck/ability to escape them “far too often.”

A more viable option would be to make her ground-attack reversal whiff, granting you an opening to retaliate with a ground-scraping move (such as Goh’s standard kick [K]), as she’ll be in a punishable state during her reversal animation. If she, however, always reverses ground-punches on sight, it will be a possibility far too risky to pull off.

This leads us to the “best option,” which the Goh player was asking us for. It’s simple as well as effective in this particular scenario: a heavy ground attack. Goh’s [8][P] cannot be reversed by Aoi’s ground-punch reversal and, as Aoi will be busy entering either a ground-throw throw escape or the mentioned reversal (or even both), is guaranteed to hit.

Quiz winner: Myke

</span>

6. Lucky_GT

Lucky_GT Well-Known Member

No it doesn't : (. Sorry, but you can just neutral stand up in time to avoid everything after that throw. The situation should work with [3][3][P][+][G] though.

7. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal

a.) [3][P]+[G] doesnt allow guaranteed ground punch
    b.) Aoi can't reverse light down attacks when they are guaranteed

OOPS [​IMG]

She can reverse it in this case though. Aoi is wide open after whiffed ground punch reversal so you can just wait her whiff it and ground punch her, or do a ground scraping move straight.. If Aoi doesnt try ground reversal you get nothing guaranteed on her.

8. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Not true.

When you're knocked down, you need to first "wake up" (i.e. recover from the knock down stun) before you can "move" (i.e. roll sideways, etc).

There are cases where the light down is guaranteed because the opponent can't "move" away in time. However, Aoi just needs to "wake up" in time to reverse.

9. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    Example (& minor highjack):

Elbow Rush > Aoi can't reverse the guaranteed stomp
    Heaven's Gate > Aoi can reverse the guaranteed stomp

Didn't know that Goh's stomp after [3] throw could be avoided by rising in place though [​IMG]

10. Leonard_McCoy

Leonard_McCoy Well-Known Member

You're right. I changed the formulation of the solution accordingly on my blog, as it's too late to modify the solution post now. Nonetheless, I left the [3][P][+][G] throw in, because here I'm totally certain that she can reverse the ground punch; I'm not so sure about [3][3][P][+][G].

11. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

Well Is Aoi able to reverse ground attack even if she's facedown?
    I remember Aoi can only reverse ground attack when she's with the back down.

12. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Yes, Aoi must be in a face up knock down position.

This is also shown in her command list on VFDC.

13. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member

I don't know you can hit the second [6][6][P][+][K] after [P]

and also in 4 evo you can tech roll off the bounce can you do that in 5?

14. AkiraZero

AkiraZero Well-Known Member

Nope because of Jeff's position in the air, face-up head-towards. You can't tech from that position if u get bounced. (iirc)

15. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    u can hit the second FF P+K after P, if u delay the jab for a higher float.
    so u can do ( char specific ), for example..
    CH, FF P+K, P (delay for higher float), FF P+K, shouldr