1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

The ground game

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by ice-9, Feb 19, 2001.

1. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

GOODNESS GRACIOUS!!!!

Do you have all this stuff on CD? Do you have a burner? This is a lot of data and I can tell you right off the bat there's no way everything can be accommodated. I think all the text should probably be transcribed and the main images should probably be stored (character shots, stage images, etc.) but careful selection of the movies would probably be in order. You know Rich you should put these movies on CD and just sell it off to whoever wants it with enough profit to compensate you for the time you took to burn the CD and send it off.

Most critically though, I've heard from the grapevine that a redesign of this site is in the works. =) I haven't seen anything yet either but I know it's probably going to kick ass.

ice-9

2. Jason Cha

Jason Cha Well-Known Member

After the b+pg throw

"- The opponent rolls to the side. Dash in an attempt uramawari."

Call me ignorant or too lazy to look it up, but what are the uramawari options Sarah has in this situation?

-Jason

3. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

You mean after the ura is successful? What back combos can she do?

elbow-knee -> sweep is the most reliable but you can pretty much go for anything. D,f+K,K combos, d+P+K,K combos, et. al.

ice-9

4. Emil

Emil Well-Known Member

This post has my vote for "post of the year". gg Chanchai

btw Bungle may be really annoying online but in person he has acted very civil and polite.

-Emil

5. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    This post has my vote for "post of the year". gg Chanchai

True, True....it gets my vote as well.

btw Bungle may be really annoying online but in person he has acted very civil and polite.

True.....True........

<font color=red>ORA! ORA! ORA!</font color=red>

<font color=white>adam</font color=white><font color=red>YUKI</font color=red>

6. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

I think many ppl are like that anyway.
    I don't think Rich is annoying online, depending on the way one sees 'annoying'.

<font color=red>SummErs' 'mibu's lone wolf'

7. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

i'll be burning it onto cd-r and sending it to whoever wants it.

feel free to do whatever you want with it when you get it.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Chanchai, your rant is getting dry and old. You don't know Rich. Of course I don't know him either. But you don't even know that you don't know Rich. Heck, Rich knows you better than you know Rich. At the end, I believe I know Rich enough to know that he doesn't deserve this kind of rant from you.

9. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

yeah, i agree. not even rich laid an 'attack' on
    chanchai like the one chanchai just laid on rich.

you know what, I used to say in the begining
    "what's wrong with rich, he should cool it a
    bit", but then i started to realize that there's
    some logical reason and honesty in his posts.
    now, ofcourse i dont agree with him 100% all the
    time, but I see that almost 90% of the time i now
    say "true...true".

<font color=red>PICCOLO</font color=red>

10. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Did I say, I know Rich? I don't believe I did.

I was merely venting. Much like how my rants are dry and old to you and some others, Rich's comments (for whatever reason he does them, logical or not) were getting very dry and old as well as anti-productive to me.

Am I saying Rich is stupid for acting this way? No, but it's obvious I disagree with it (which imo has nothing to do with right or wrong). As I said, I wasn't arguing, but I was just venting (bitching) because I was sick of it. Similar to the treatment I get for the posts I put up on the forum.

There's a difference between venting and being pissed off about anything than trying to explain to someone I know them enough to say they are wrong or whatever.

However, now that you bring it up, I honestly would rather Rich would sometimes cut to the chase about what he's thinking or feeling instead of just making a bunch of one-liners and keeping enough deep inside (except to a select few) to just keep piling up. But I don't think that'll change and I don't care anymore. I got it out of my system the other day and that was that. Rich is indeed a good person and everyone probably has an idea that I believe that. Was I criticizing Rich or the way he was posting? I was bitching about the way he was posting. Not like he's the only one that gets a complaint or bitch about the way he posts.

-Chanchai

P.S. I was happy to read Rich's response and with all good intentions. I'd rather he come out in the open than be running around pissing people off with private reasoning. Not only that, but when I'm pissed off, I'd rather understand from a more polite means that I was wrong while at the same time being convinced of the honesty of the person telling me about it. I'd rather be pissed off for a wrong than be pissed off and right. Just me, I guess. However, I was happy that that was all how I felt after Rich's response. I'd rather get the attentive, honest, and point to point response than a one-liner that was meant to insult or embarass.

Additional Note: I was personally interested in the dialogue between Andy and Jan (two players I respect as people and players). But constantly comes this interrupting from Rich (another player I do respect, mind you) and it got annoying to me. Sure, Rich was probably attacking Andy for "his arrogance" (which seems to have bugged Rich for quite awhile, to me it looks like it's been especially since Andy made an insulting post to Rich and then later took it out, but Rich caught it and captured it as well so the damage was indeed dealt--that was the incident I referred to in the bitching post). Should some people attack Toronto or Jo Shun because they think they are "arrogant?" I'm not supporting anyside of this, both sides are extremely good VF players as far as I know and I feel both deserve some respect and acknowledgement. But the incident (Rich's posts in the Pai thread) was one of many that eventually added up to get on my nerves. Should those that don't have faith in the Toronto Crew abruptly interrupt whatever arguments or statements they get into because they are confident of their abilities? Anyways, you should get the point by now... Just keep in mind, I respect all of these players, look up to them as people as well as VF players, and am not siding on anyside about who's better or whatever crap could possibly be turned upside down out of this.

11. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Hey rich.
    Put me down for a copy of the disc.

And remember to get the vf on the vocal(intro) mp3 from dodee/images/icons/smile.gif

<font color=red>SummErs' 'mibu's lone wolf'

12. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Hyun,

BTW, if you really have read much of my posts at all, you should have eventually figured out that I'm a person that believes much more on perspective (interpretation) than as you put it, "knowing" (understanding is a better way to describe what I think you meant).

-Chanchai