1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

The Home of Chanchai VF on VFDC! (A place where I talk about VF sessions & vids)

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by Chanchai, Nov 12, 2021.

1. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

WELCOME TO THE HOME OF CHANCHAI VF (on VFDC)!

I am making this thread as a place where we can talk about VF Videos! Some of the videos will be my VF sessions, but I might also share thoughts on other videos and VF content!

You know what is awesome about VFDC? It is still an amazing forum with a lot of features that some communities which they still had. You know what's awesome about forums? As long as we keep supporting them, we have a resource people can EASILY GO BACK TO AND REFERENCE. You know what's a good thing about easy to go back to and reference? It works well for ALL THE SILENT VF KILLERS THAT TRAIN AND WORK ON THEIR GAME WITHOUT MAKING SO MUCH NOISE! And we have a lot of those.

So as I have always done in our community, I'm going to post in good faith with the assumption that there are a lot of people who actually read the posts and watch the videos without leaving much comment. But don't get me wrong, I love it when people comment. But I've found in the past 20+ years of the NA VF community that a lot of people love to lurk, and that they truly appreciate the content and conversation and THE LOVE OF VF!

Let's keep making VFDC fresh! Keep checking back here to enjoy my corner of the VF World ^_^

Feel free to ask questions about Chanchai & VF in this thread

Oh, and here are my links too ^_^

CHANCHAI'S VF SOCIAL LINKS

Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
  2. Chanchai

Late Tuesday Night (November 9th, 2021)

Feel free to reply to this video in this thread, reference the Tuesday Late Night video ^_^

Had an awesome session with @Dennis0201, IceWizarrd, and fellow VF players who decided to join our room! I am allowing more public slots in my rooms lately and the results have been pretty cool!

While Dennis0201 was dominant this evening, I believe a lot of our rounds were really intense! I also have to point out that despite winning most of the sets with IceWizarrd, the sets and rounds were also very intense and he really took me to game 5 most of the time with his Lion!

zoo-bjj's Akira is pretty cool, but it might love Akira's shoulder ram a little too much (maybe they've been playing a lot of VF3tb on Flycast recently)!

Tuesday Late Night followed the earlier Tuesday Night Session with Jimi Claymore, Shightfighterreturns, justaname00, BurningM, and xdunlimited! You can watch that session at the following link: https://youtu.be/4Y--0RembpE

Timestamps have been embedded in both videos, so feel free to jump to any part you find interesting!

Tuesday, November 9th, was an awesome day of Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown for me!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV2uhlqw9XA

Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
    akai likes this.
  3. Chanchai

About the VF5 ULTIMATE SHOWDOWN DEVELOPMENT LEAGUE

ATTENTION: Do Not Reply About Development League in This Thread (send me a DM or Respond on Twitter)!

Original Tweet: Chanchai on Twitter: "I am recruiting INTERMEDIATE LEVEL #VF5US PLAYERS for a development focused league! The one I am setting up is for NA players and aimed at players who are ranked below 30. I may screen players that are in low 30’s. Interested? Let me know along with what state you live in " / Twitter

While real life situations put all my gaming projects on the back burner, and I'm still very busy with work, I still intend to organize a development league as a side activity for Intermediate Level VF players (generally players whose best character is at Level 1-30 in VF5US Ranked).

This is not League Mode. What it is, is an organized play structure to help Intermediate & Beginner Level VF5US players play more matches with each other, find awesome sparring partners, and encourage both a productive, fun, and semi-competitive VF5US experience to supplement any existing VF5US experience.

I have taken a lot of names but I will take more! So please feel free to reply on Twitter or DM me on VFDC (DO NOT REPLY TO THIS THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC).

More information will be coming. I would love to get this going in December, but we will see!

Paul68kdmd likes this.
  4. Chanchai

nou and Mister like this.
  5. Chanchai

6. Chanchai

My goodness! @Chief_Flash had a pretty amazing room last night with so much awesome VF action, community chat, even classic gaming nostalgia

A lot of America’s finest showed up, including @adamYUKI , HimaJean (we will pretend he’s American!), CrazyDrunk,Denkai, DK Jacky, @HotSauceNelly , and more!

Check it out, subscribe to Flash’s YouTube, and later this weekend I’ll post my video that picks up where Flash left off with more awesome battles, community chat, and VF advice too!

Enjoy Flash Room from November 12th!

https://youtu.be/FoNtkPkG4Q4

7. Chanchai

8. Chanchai

This weekend's VF that I've experienced has been pretty insane!

Friday November 12th
    * Flash Cup 11 was awesome! The rooms that followed were awesome! So many favorite players were there!
    * I carried the torch for the Room Session started by Flash and we have a lot of awesome matches into the AM!

Saturday, November 13th
    * 50 Game Kumite: Zero Himajean (Jean) vs. Tricky (Eileen)
    * 50 Game Kumite: Zero Himajean (Jean) vs. KDQ|Bushido (Taka)
    * Bushido Room Battles
    * Chanchai inherits Bushido's Room Battles (and I get to 60+ wins!)

Sunday, November 14th
    * 50 Game Kumite: Tricky (Eileen) vs. AdmiringMyHarley (Vanessa)
    * 50 Game Kumite: Zero Himajean (Jean) vs. AdmiringMyHarley (Vanessa)
    * Takeover Bi-Weekly Tournament

I'll post link to the preferred VODs of each streamer later. This was awesome stuff! And I can't believe how well I played this weekend, fighting so many strong players!

Tricky likes this.
  9. Chanchai

Friday Night's VF5US Action continued on Chanchai's Late Night Friday VF!

Carrying on Chief Flash's amazing Flash Cup Room, I ventured into a room of VF Monsters and it was a blast! A wonderful VF start to the weekend!

Featuring:
    HotSauceNelly (Vanessa)
    IceWizarrd (Lion)
    banok/Crazy Drunk (Shun)
    dk jacky (Jean)
    Ryozokawasaki (Jacky)
    WhiteLotusHogun (Lau)
    ZaneIX (Aoi, Pai)

Update: Over the weekend Flash was injured (achilles tendon). Wishing him a speedy and smooth recovery!

Here you can watch Flash Cup 11 & Chief Flash's Room Part I: https://youtu.be/FoNtkPkG4Q4

Chanchai's Friday Late Night VF 11/12/21: https://youtu.be/WsM1xNxCiRM

Last edited: Nov 15, 2021
  10. Chanchai

Crazy Saturday Night VF!

November 13th, 2021
    This exciting weekend for Chanchai VF continues with an epic session with strong players and some crazy streaks!

This session extends the room started by KDQ|Bushido who participated in a 50 Game Kumite against the Japanese Pro, Zero Himajean (who currently resides in Toronto)! It was a brutal, but educational experience as Bushido experienced the mountain of VF before him like I have done many times with top players from around the world! I think Bushido will become a lot stronger as a result of the kumite!

Following Bushido's Kumite, he also hosted a room with a lot of good VF! Towards the end of his session, I got home from work and decided to join and we had a great time with our battles and the battle with others!

Dark Nova Void is a good friend who I haven't been able to play much in recent times because we've both been busy. I'm so glad we got to play a lot on this night! Nova often comes out on top in our sessions, I'm glad I was able to put on a better fight tonight!

We are also joined by the amazing Ryozokawasaki and I think I was able to bring a better challenge than on Friday night!

Some real solid up and coming talent also joined us this evening! ShightFighterReturns (shinsekeiva) and WhiteLotuShogun are players who have come seeking knowledge and I am seeing a great growth in these two players as they learn more and seek more guidance. They are on the right track, though there will be moments of plateau that will be challenging--a hard part about VF is there is LOTS OF TECHNIQUE LEARNING OVER TIME and while the techniques aren't incredibly difficult, sometimes it's getting used to all the contexts in which to apply them and how to deal with many kinds of opponents. However, in the end it'll feel amazing and fulfilling and always interesting! Keep it up you two!

IceWizarrd is a real talent that has been playing in sessions with me for the past week! They also play Lion so it is easier for me to assess their strengths and weaknesses. What is clear to me when I fight them is that they are going to be incredibly strong, they may hit a plateau soon though, but if they can persevere (and it looks like they will) they're going to be pretty amazing. They're already amazing really fast. Their Lion isn't exactly complete, but is making such strong use of the areas they are strong at. Watch out for IceWizarrd, they're moving up really fast!

This video was timestamped by groupings for convenience ^_^

ABOUT KDQ|BUSHIDO
    KDQ|Bushido is a community leader and Colorado FGC member who leads KDQ! KDQ has been incredibly supportive of Virtua Fighter with many of their members loving the series since the release of Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown. Bushido is currently most active on Twitter and on Twitch. Perhaps they will be very active again on YouTube soon!
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/BushidoDeepest/
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/kdqlbushido

This Archive was Broadcasted live on Twitch -- Watch live at https://www.twitch.tv/chanchai_vf

YouTube Video: https://youtu.be/4nA9-yLDjQ0

SDS_Overfiend1 likes this.
  11. Chanchai

12. Chanchai

CHANCHAI'S MONDAY NIGHT VF - November 15th, 2021

Another AWESOME NIGHT OF VF and on Monday!

After 8 years, I finally fight @Chief_Flash again and it was so much fun, even though it was painful! I am excited to fight Chief Flash more! You can also watch his Monday Night session at this link which includes some of these matches:

Chief Flash MONDAY NIGHT VF (Whole Session) https://youtu.be/BeRa0DFDHiI
    Chief Flash's MONDAY NIGHT VF (Chanchai Joins): https://youtu.be/BeRa0DFDHiI?t=7662

HIGHLIGHTED LINKS
    (Clink on the Timestamps to Get Straight to the Action!)

There's also 3 Vanessas and a Lion starting at 1:30:56 which has a lot of exciting Vanessa play!

Dennis0201 joins and has so many epic battles including AdmiringMyHarley's amazing Lei Fei starting at 2:55:35

vf5sega's Goh enters the room and has an awesome performance for the rest of the night, starting at 3:27:41

One of our favorite players, who we believe is from Japan (we are so sure of this), but is currently in Hawaii--Ryozokawasaki joins the room session at 3:34:06 and fights with us for an hour ^_^

And to top it off, there is an awesome VF TV replay of my friend, MasaRED, fighting the powerful donburiblaze in a Shun Mirror Match! You should watch that fun game at 5:21:00

Enjoy! This was an amazing Monday Night VF! And do support and subscribe to Chief Flash! One of the best players and streamers in American VF! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0r0C4HNIDcLvzsTa0tBx4g

13. Chanchai

14. Chanchai

15. Chanchai

This spot reserved for talking about the matches on Tuesday, November 16th

16. Chanchai

This spot reserved for talking about the matches on Saturday, November 20th (My birthday was on the 19th)

17. Chanchai

Pre-Thanksgiving Day FT7 Lion Mirror Battle: Chanchai vs. Jason Elbow
    November 24th, 2021

I had an awesome time in this set with Jason Elbow! His Side Turn game has gotten so much smoother and better and I have a lot to try to catch up on! We are both improving in the Lion mirror match as well!

An awesome start to the Thanksgiving Holiday!

18. Chanchai

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

This session was awesome! What a way to start Thanksgiving--and after an epic FT7 Lion Mirror against Jason Elbow, which you can watch at the following link: https://youtu.be/-CWzNFYSRUQ

THANKSGIVING DAY MASSACRE!
    The session begins with Dennis0201 beating the stuffing out of us! But it was awesome games all throughout and many rounds were pretty sweet!

We start off with Dennis0201's Jean & Jacky, JakeJung's Lau, and of course my Lion! AdmiringMyHarley brings his Kage in a little but really shows off some of his El Blaze tonight!

Paul68kdmd challenges the group with his Akira and these games are pretty fun! I also get a lot of games in with le-ang_yeoh's Shun which actually seems quite good but not used to the Lion matchup yet!

FEAST OF CHAMPIONS!
    Nelly and I end up playing a very exciting 69-Game Gauntlet (G69) starting at 1:57:31 .
    To properly assess the score of this matchup, subtract 16 games from my wins (the # of games I had won before this epic feast) and subtract 1 from Nelly's score (1 win against le-ang_yeoh).

Lots and lots and lots of Lion vs. Vanessa interactions in this battle!

BONUS TV: CHIBITA!
    At 4:41:17 we have a bonus game for you all! The pumkin pie of the evening! Chibita vs rikkojjang0's Lau! ENJOY!

Happy Thanksgiving!

p.s. I like how the thumbnail for this video has Dennis0201's Jean pointing at the camera like Shang Tsung in the old 90's Mortal Kombat film, "YOU ARE NEXT!"

And speaking of that classic Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa moment... here's a fun classic meme!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Paul68kdmd likes this.
  19. Chanchai

Happy Birthday to Chibita!

and on his birthday… Chibita streamed a lot of matches on Pomotaro Jeffry’s channel! Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/EqlBL3LDAo4

20. Chanchai

My Birthday is November 19th and I turned 42 this year!

Apparently quite a few notable players also have November birthdays!

Crazy Wolf - November 19th
    @Chanchai - November 19th (1979)
    Chibita - November 27th
    Jin Kage - November 28th (1982)
    @cruzlink2 - November 29th (1981)
    KDQ|Bushido - November 30th

(I will keep updating this list)

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021