1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

The inevitable (?) xbox version

Discussion in 'Console' started by Shadowdean, Feb 8, 2002.

1. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

(SOrry for the double post)
    Since Sega has announced they are working on a updated and enhanced version of VF, which to me just screams they are going to xbox, who here is going to wait or get the next updated version?

2. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

I am impressed by Xbox. I will get the US release for PS2 in March and also get the Xbox version whenever it is released. I was impressed by Dreamcast VF3tb. :>( sad Vf4 did not go to Dreamcast. Halo offers promise of awesome VF4 conversion. off topic: Wednesday at chinatown arcade I arrived just as GWB was arriving at City hall. I enjoyed endless challenges from good players ( Akira (long sideburns)w/ excellent timing and TE skills and good Oki skills, good Lei w/ complete command of stances, , throws,TE and combos. he peeped for 'bout 15 minutes before challenging. A very pretty girl Aoi player with meta-napoleonjacky tactics. Hope to see you soon at arcade. Saturday morning I will have a cup of java and a red bean bun and join the regular <font color=blue>Gotham VF Breakfast Club Players</font color=blue> for several hours of battle tomorrow.

3. Mirkan

Mirkan Well-Known Member

I for one hope that an eventual upgrade will occur (should there turn out to be an Xbox-version in the works) on both platforms. I bought PS2 exclusively for VF4 and I'm getting GC for my gaming needs. (Metroid Prime, yum)

Releasing "version d" for Xbox only would be the most despicable thing Sega's ever done to their fans imo. For new costumes, items and stages, I couldn't care less though.

In the end, whatever happens, I think I'll still play the PS2 version(s).

Don't know if that was the kind of answer you wanted, but there it is for you to take. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

/Mirkan

4. nxw0016

nxw0016 Well-Known Member

I will probably be there (arcade in Chinatown) Saturday afternoon till evening.

5. Rary

Rary Member

I wouldn't say it's inevitable, but I would be very happy to see VF4 on the Xbox, or the Gamecube for that matter. The more people play the greatest 3D fighter of all time, the better.

Still, doesn't Sony have a contract with Sega stating that VF4 is a PS2 exclusive, at least for a time (6 months? a year?)?
    If that's the case, I wonder if this applies to an "upgraded" version of VF4? Virtua Fighter 4: Hardcore, or Virtua Fighter X, or something like that.

Anyway, I'd love to see a new VF4 with a new background, a new mode or two, improved graphics, and most importantly, online support! I don't know if a completely lag-free game is possible, so playing against someone on the other end of the planet might not be possible, even with the Xbox's broadband only connection, but I'm sure some sort of online ladder could be created, even though it wouldn't mean much. Also, perhaps we could download another player's "pet" character and fight it, or set your own against it.

6. Killbomb

Killbomb Well-Known Member

Before ANY fighting game is released on GameCube, someone has to come out with a different controller. I shudder to think of even trying to play VF or any other fighting game on that thing.

7. Shadowdean

Well, looking for all answers...I for one am looking for the best version of vf...from what I understand, gameplay is dead on for ps2, but everything else is around 50-60% of what the arcade is..imagine the home version being better than the arcade..maybe even a new character or two???? Maybe even new stages?!!

8. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

That's more Temco's style but, if version D is an exclusive it just won't be stages and costume colours. The Xbox version will be <font color=white>The</font color=white> conversion as it would have the most up to date changes in the system. And that can mean a lot to the balance of the game etc. Personally, I hope it isn't ported. I've already invested in a PS2 and wish to get my money's worth for more than 3 or 4 months.

Also, There is a lot of stigma towards the Xbox in Japan. If the console is not popular why would Sega bother? The again, Shenmue has found a new home at Microsoft so this is anyone's guess. I'm only getting the Xbox for one reason only: Panzer Dragoon.

I vote nay.

9. Shadowdean

Have you seen the preorders just from amazon? It seems that microsoft has done their job in japan for a VERY successfull launch. As I have not gotten a ps2 or an xbox yet, I do hope it comes to xbox, cause the only reason I want a ps2 is for vf, but if xbox gets a superior version, then great....You would still get your monies worth, no one is saying you have to stop playing the ps2 version...

10. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

You would still get your monies worth, no one is saying you have to stop playing the ps2 version...

Sure, but it's not like playing VF2.1 on my Saturn for nostalga while I'd play VF4 for real. Each Ver upgrade is superior to the previous one. If you buy one version on one system and then have to buy another console to play the other, improved version then it's a real problem financially and as Mirkan said, a slap in the face to the VF faithful.

Yes, I'm sure I'll enjoy my copy of Ver.C. But, the fact that I was playing an inferior version at home which was out of sync with the arcade and other, more fortunate individuals would get to me.

11. Shadowdean

That does suck that you would have to upgrade..but isn't it a slap in the face for sega to update the arcade version after the home version is out anyways?

12. Fatghost

Fatghost Member

Hi everyone...first post on VFDC....

Anyway...it's still speculation that Xbox will get VF4, and even if it does (which depends on how well VF4 PS2 sells in Japan, Europe and North America, and how well Xbox sells in Japan) there is no guarantee that AM2 will do the port...Yu Suzuki could have been (and probably was) talking about a newer arcade version, or even a Fighter's Megamix 2 for all we know, AND even then, it would be at least 6 months away from now, if it even comes out this year...AM2 is not Capcom, they won't release "VF4 Turbo" two months later or anything...

That said, I love my PS2 VF4, but I wouldn't mind a superior Xbox version, provided someone makes a decent controller for that thing...(Saturn to Xbox Controller Converter...sounds like a good idea to me!)

13. Cause

Cause Well-Known Member

There is a PS2 to XBOX controller converter out,

$19.95, go to hardcoregaming.com to see the post.

14. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

I hate to say this since I fucking hate x-box, but it is a more powerful system and yeah they prob. could make a total arcade perfect version on x-box.

15. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

Just FYI, Kataoka confirmed on AM2's website a while back that there aren't any plans for a FMM2 anytime in the near future.

16. Fatghost

Fatghost Member

Re: There is a PS2 to XBOX controller converter out,

Enh...PS2 controller is good for most games, but for VF4 I'd really prefer a Saturn pad (same with any Street Fighter game too for that matter) Or even a DC to Xbox converter, cuz I already got a Saturn to DC converter, I could just double up...

17. Shadowdean

Re: There is a PS2 to XBOX controller converter out,

I abhore playing fighting games (except sf) with pads...Give me a GOOD joystick...