1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

The interview of the British VF player in Japan

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by .shin, Feb 19, 2002.

1. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Re: The world convention of summer is a fix

I think the UK has an advantage over the US and maybe Canada too now with their recent influx of Japanese training for Ryan, uk-guy, Hatim and others. I can't speak for the scene in NYC, Philly or Florida, but here in Boston it's pathetic. There's just not enough diversity to raise our collective gameplay level up quickly. With the release of the PS2 version, it will be easier to get better faster, but there's no substitute for a large diversified challenger pool.

I'd agree with nycat that the "scene" in NYC is at Chinatownfair, not the Times Square arcades. It's too expensive and the button layouts are crap in Times Square. nycat-- Shang, Andrew and myself have been talking about heading down to NYC for a day of VF... we'll let you know if and when it happens. That's a sure thing.

Toronto is very similar to NYC, with the local heavies primarily going to Enter La now, not to Funtown, where VF2 and VF3 were the main attractions because of their VF2.1 and VF3tb arcade cabinets. Funtown is basically located in the equivalent of Times Square for Toronto (Yonge Str) tourist central...

A lot of the old timers on this board are in San Fran Bay area... that speaks for itself...

What about Montreal? Mr. White?

I've heard very good things about VF4 in Vancouver, but most of those guys aren't active here, or prefer to lurk... /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

Los Angeles.... boggles the mind how such a large city with I'm sure many transplants from Japan/Taiwan/Korea does not have a thriving VF scene...

There won't be any SOA promoted regional events to qualify for anything in Japan... not enough interest to justify it. If I was scheming on getting into the big Japanese tournament, I'd find out when dynamic-league is planning on having their qualifiers and fly over to London on the approbriate dates... Derrick seems to have the best connections as far as the english speaking world goes...

Then you can always bang heads with Summers down under... =)

2. uk-guy

uk-guy Well-Known Member

Shin, thanks for the links man.

Any details on when this summer VF thing will kick off?

I'd love to come down again in the summer...just need to work out which bank I should rob...

3. RandomHajile

RandomHajile Well-Known Member

hell, soon as i get a decent job again ima come to ny this year! im deff going to paris in a couple of months an show those frogs legs my 6hit tt combo:) in fact dynamic league should set up a thing v these garlic eaters! ohh if u rob a bank rob one in bush as the cops dont hav a clue these days with the shootings an off licnecs getting jacked