1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

The most POWERFUL combo. . .

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by MacGyver, Jul 3, 2002.

1. MacGyver

MacGyver Member

Just wondering, what is the most powerful combo, no MC, no wall?

2. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Good luck figuring that one out.... MacGyver! (Sorry, couldn't resist)

-Chanchai

3. MacGyver

MacGyver Member

Ha, well i'm sorta a noob (saibot), and have only been using Akira, so I don't know much about anybody else.

4. HighKing

HighKing Well-Known Member

I thought you could do anything with your swiss army knife and duct tape? /versus/images/icons/shocked.gif J/K

Anyway, I think Akira has the most powerful combo.

5. MacGyver

MacGyver Member

Heh, I could, but I don't want to take the time. Could you specify which one, or do you want me to look it up? I think the latter would be better.

6. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Heh, I could, but I don't want to take the time. Could you specify which one, or do you want me to look it up? I think the latter would be better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you tell me Akira's?

7. MacGyver

MacGyver Member

Yeah, I believe it's the m-shrm, p(g), m-shrm, m-dbpm. Of course this only works against light and medium weight opponents. I can't really do this yet.

8. HighKing

Well, he has several 100+ hit combos but I can't specifically state his most powerful combo. Although you can find out by asking Shinz himself. /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

Anyway here's some from the transcribed combos document:

QCB+P -> DLC | AS3 | b,f,f+P+K

FC,f+P+K -> b,f+P -> AS3

FC,f+P+K -> P -> FC,f+P+K -> FC,b,f+P

Not sure how effective these combos are in battle, since I don't use them.

9. ReCharredSigh

ReCharredSigh Well-Known Member

go look up my Akira FAQ(and this is the most important part) version 2.0; this one should have the staple power combos outlined.

anyways, some possible candidates for most powerful combo without MC and without a wall:

kage's sidekick reversal combos
    jacky's backstagger combo
    akira's backstagger combo(ok, it does less than jacky's but it's still 100+ if done correctly), and his ver B
    StDblPm combo
    i'm sure there's more

10. MacGyver

MacGyver Member

Are these all rev. c?

11. HighKing

Not sure about the combos I posted.

12. Boumxyz

Boumxyz Member

Some combos with Jeffrey's are powerful also.. but Probably Akira's are better since that's all he has.. Combos. He doesn't have much throws, he's not that speedy.

I managed to do something around 100 with Jeffrey, it all depends if you started off with a counter hit or not.. If you did then the combo will do more dmg..

13. MacGyver

MacGyver Member

Yeah, everyone knows when you MC it will do more damage. But, do the combos still stay in the same ratio if they MC? For example, let's say one of Akira's combos takes 73 with no MC. Then Jeffrey's takes 72 with no MC. Now, if you MC with both of them, is Akira's still more powerful, or is it different?

14. hiro

hiro Well-Known Member

Against Aoi and pai, there are many combos.
    [3][3][P] or [K]+[G],[G]off
    ->
    [P]->[3][3][6][P]+[K]->[6][6][K][K] or DLC with MC

15. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

This needs to be in open stance./\.

16. MrWhite

MrWhite Well-Known Member

Akira's will still be more powerful on MC not withstanding extenuating circumstances ( i.e. OTB/near floor finishers ).

17. hiro

hiro Well-Known Member

Well, [K]+[G] switches his stance, and these actually work on the closed stance for [K]+[G], if you must know.

18. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

Yup. I koe.

19. uk-guy

uk-guy Well-Known Member

[3_][3_]+[P] - [P] - [3_][3_][6_]+[P]+[K] - [P] - [3_][3_][4_][6_]+[P] is doable on lighties in closed stance...

20. MacGyver

MacGyver Member

On MC?