1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

The most powerful combo

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Elite, Aug 14, 2003.

1. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    I know this is probably up somewhere but I can't be bothered sifting through all the crap when someone can just reply to this.

Anyway, I don't know if it's common knowledge or not but I was wondering what THE most powerful combo with any character is. So basically what's the most damage you can take off with a single combo on Evolution?

I don't want wall combos though, just regular stuff.

2. Ogi

Ogi Well-Known Member

here is my favorit:

Jacky: counter with: [6][K],[P],[K],[P],[2][K] (for Aoi, Sarah, Pai, vanessa) about 81-84 damage

for the mid weight char (like Lau, Kage) only this two
    counter with:[6][K],[K],[P],[2][K]

also you can counter with: [3][3][K],[4][P]+[K],[P],[7][K]+[G]

Kage:(only vs Akira)
    [4][P]+[G],[4_][P][K],[6][2][3][P]+[K]
    about 84 damage

3. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    That's nice but I want THE most powerful combo in the game not one for each character or your favourites.

Thanks anyway.

P.S. I HATE your icon picture lol

4. Ogi

Ogi Well-Known Member

Is this better?
    /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. Ogi

Ogi Well-Known Member

You mean most powerful combo in this game.

I think is Kage's mid kick reversal follow ups.
    about 100 or more damage

of maybe from Wolf of Jef.
    because I don't play with this two very ofen.

PS: my english is not so good

6. EmpNovA

EmpNovA Well-Known Member

Wolf: Max Charge P+K , b+P , KS gives what, 145....
    Other than that I would count on Akira's Yoho combos.
    - - -
    Why do you want to know?

7. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    Much better Ogi. The other one was making me want to strangle him.

Emp: I figured it might be wolf since I've taken ridiculous damage from him before, seemed more than the most powerful yoho combo with Akira but maybe that was just because I was on the receiving end against Wolf whereas I'm usually the one dishing out the yoho.

It was just out of curiousity, interested to see who Sega gave it to since it makes the character a more attractive choice if you know they can do the most possible damaging combo.

I'd probably know if I experimented more with different fighters but I tend to stick with the same guys all the time.

Anyway thanks for the info.

8. DanniBoySmith

DanniBoySmith Well-Known Member

when shun is on 40 drinks the damage from this combo comes to about 150 pts:

CH [3]+[P]+[K] (fully charged), [K],[K],[2]+[P],[K]

the spacing is very tricky to get and is stance specific but i'm 99% sure i connected it without a wall. can't remember what characters it works on though. you'll have to experiment a bit to get it. don't ever count on getting it in a match though. the conditions for it are more or less impossible.

hell, they're tons of other combos shun has at 40 drinks that do close to or over 100 damage easily. i had a list of combos that you could do with shun on some of the characters but i've misplaced it and forgotten most of them since the requirement for most of those combos was 27+ drinks and you'll be lucky to get to 20 in even the best scenarios against competent players.

9. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    Cool although since it's never really going to happen I'm not gonna take it into account.

You're right though, Shun makes my life a living hell when he's up in the drinks. Goh doesn't seem to be too great at sobering him either /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif.

Anyway I'm still gonna take the Wolf combo that EmpNova posted as the most powerful since the Shun one really has to be in special circumstances.

10. Faded

Faded Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Elite said:

Cool although since it's never really going to happen I'm not gonna take it into account.

You're right though, Shun makes my life a living hell when he's up in the drinks. Goh doesn't seem to be too great at sobering him either /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif.

Anyway I'm still gonna take the Wolf combo that EmpNova posted as the most powerful since the Shun one really has to be in special circumstances.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kinda ot but Goh has some pretty nice sovering moves. [6]+[P],[P] is probably the best one, [4]+[P] is also nice. One should also remember to use his [3], and [6],[4] throws as they also have a sobering effect.

Thanks go to Creed who pointed out that Goh's sobering game wasnowhere near as bad as I thought.

The highest real combo (as in unescapable after first hit) I know off the top of my head is Jeff's MC [P]+[K] from threat stance into chokeslam hit throw. But that's only in the 102 region so I'm sure someone has something worse.

11. LtTitan

LtTitan Well-Known Member

Emp, just replace the KS with 100 Giant Swing, its 165 dmg. (Max) P+K, b+p, Giant Swing (100dmg if they dont roll.)

12. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    Didn't know [4][P] sobered him. [6][P],[P] is what I tend to use mostly. I don't fight Shun often aside from the AI anyway so it's not such a big deal.

EmpNova already posted a Wolf combo that's 145 damage so that's what I'm looking to beat, thanks for the Jeff one anyway.

13. Faded

Faded Well-Known Member

Well I wasn't counting that since it contains a throw and is thus escapable by anyone witha brain.

Unless there is some funky circumstance that I'm totally unaware of.

14. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    That's a point, I mean it's a guarenteed throw but still escapable. Not sure whether to count it now......oh the dilemma /versus/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Ok no throws included ( you gotta have a rule)

Is 102 the exact damage of that Jeff combo or just a guess?

15. EmpNovA

EmpNovA Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    LtTitan said:

Emp, just replace the KS with 100 Giant Swing, its 165 dmg. (Max) P+K, b+p, Giant Swing (100dmg if they dont roll.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Just shut off the ps2 for the night, but doesn't the game only count KS as a true combo after the +8 b+p after fully charged p+k?

But yeah, with the 100 Giant Swing it would be 145/165 depending on exact recovery from opponent or not.

This combo is hardly practical, as most people know to start entering the throw escapes when they see the set up, especially against KS and GS, and most people also don't get hit with a fully charged p+k that often..... /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
    - - -
    LT, nice icon /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif Drunk Pandaren's /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

16. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    Ok I guess this isn't common knowledge since nobody has come up with it yet.

What's the most powerful combo on the game (Evo) without walls, throws or any other special circumstance?

17. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Due to changes in his float damage, these do less damage in evo, but in version C akira can do these:

df,df+P followups
    -----------------
    >> P -> FC,f+P+K -> f,f+K,K [112 pts]
    [LW , open stance]
    >> FC,f+P+K -> AS3 -> df+P (ground punch) [109 pts]
    [LW, closed stance]
    >> P -> FC,f+P+K -> FC,f+P+K [109 pts] *
    [MW, closed stance up to Kage]
    ===========

Also -
    Jeffry can do this combo for (probably) 50%ish damage -
    b,f,f+P+K --> P --> P --> b,f+P+K --> u+P (pounce).

The opponent can tech roll the headbutt slam.

Kage, after his stance midkick reversal:
    >> f+K+G -> F+P -> f+K+G -> df+K [113 pts]
    [MW up to lion, closed stance]

Wolf, in version C, can do:

charge P+K --> b,f+P+K -> P -> P -> b+P -> u+P (pounce) [134 pts]
    [LW]

Now the charge P+K stun is strugglable and the b+P slam is TR-able.

Finally, jeffry's stance P+K --> f,f+P+K --> hit throw is a true combo. It's tight timing but total damage was high, over 50% I think.

18. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Another nice tidbit for goh vs shun that I forgot, if you can do his 270 well that's -2 DP for shun. f,b+P+G also sobers and is the second best throw to sober shun with.

If you can kill shun with a standing K you can b,f+P --> b,f+P ... but if you can't, you can often land f+P,P if he's falling away from you from the final hit. b+P also hits really low to the ground after the KO.

19. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    Sweet advice on the sobering. I don't find the 270 any harder than any other throw so I'll start using that when I can (pity that's the first throw escape anyone with a brain inputs against Goh).

Cheers for the tips.

20. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    So it's pretty much Akiras yoho combos then eh? Surprising, I guess combos just seem to do more damage than they actually do when you're eating them as a pose to dishing them out. (Like Kage's TFT)

If by any chance anyone knows what the most powerful combo is on Evo as a pose to Ver.C then post it up.

Thanks for the info, Bearer of Knowledge (Creed)