1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

The most powerful combo

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Elite, Aug 14, 2003.

1. LM_Akira

LM_Akira Well-Known Member

[3][3][P](MC)>[P]>knee>[2_][4][6][P] on a LW does a cool 97 points of damage.
    [3][3][P](MC)>[P]>[2_][6][P]+[K]>[K]+[G][P] on a LW does 92 if memory serves.
    The staple
    [3][3][P](MC)>[P]>[2_][6][P]+[K]>[2_][4][6][P] does 90 up to MWs as far as Akira yoho combos go ( in evo ).
    Obviously its possible to get up to a sick 135+ if you trap someone in a corner and stagger them with a sgpm wall hit > SPoD> knee/DBC off the perpendicular wall and theres also one that goes like sgpm(wall stagger)>overhead dbpm>yoho>DBC but these vary on your execution of the BC.

oh yeah
    [3][3][P](MC)>[3][3][P]>[2_][4][6][P] does about 92 against LWs plus a light down attack is possible but not guaranteed.

2. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    Um...all the ones CreeD posted were stronger and I said I wasn't looking for wall combos so I dunno why you posted the last part at all.

90+ is still pretty high though, I though Lau would have something stronger since all his juggles seem so powerful. Maybe it's just because any old scrub can pull off most of them (not that I hate Lau or anything.....honest /versus/images/graemlins/blush.gif)

3. LM_Akira

I think you'll find the damage I have given is that which is obtained in vf 4 evo .Creed stated that the combos and damage he lists is from vf 4 ver c and that the damage has been reduced.Therefore what I wrote may be not be weaker than what is in creeds post on Akira combos.

Dunno why I posted the last part at all eh???I did so cos I wanted to.It was mearly a whimsical quote and thats why I didn't go to the bother of writing them both down with commands but rather just said what the ideas involved were.

4. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    Good point about the toned down damage from Ver.C. I did read that in Creed's post but I guess I forgot about it.

It's a pity I'm stuck at work else I'd be able to test out combos to find out.

Anyway hope I didn't offend you, it wasn't my intention.

5. LM_Akira

Nah nah its just me jumping the gun as usual /versus/images/graemlins/blush.gif...actually I can go and check out the damage you get for those combos in evo now.I'll try post back some time soon.

6. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    Sweet, cheers for that.

7. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

Those were evo combos csnape gave you just now. The lower numbers are due to the 20% discount Akira now (ie evo...the combos you asked for) gets on floats. If you are interested in reliable, high damage combos for any character & you have the home version of the game...GO TO FREE TRAINING, HOP DOWN TO COMMAND LIST & PRESS [P]. Presto...in most cases your best normal & counter hit combos from both stances against any opponent will be listed. There were some combos not "discovered" by the time the game made the presses, so those aren't in there...you might try this thread if you are interested.

And I gotta say it ain't polite to start a thread begging for info & [3][P] those who reply. Play nice.

8. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    Not sure what your point is at all here.

Unless you can't read I'm at work. Meaning I can't test out the training mode thing myself.

I never said they weren't Evo combos I said they weren't as powerful as Creed's but that was before I took into account the damage difference from Ver.C to Evo as csnape pointed out to me (and you felt the need to point out again for some reason)

Anyway me and the guy in question have already cleared things up, sorry if your babysitting abilities aren't needed here but some people are capable of maturity when they have a disagreement.

Anyway I don't want to see a reply to this bitching at me again since this all started out of a misunderstanding.

P.S. Thanks for the thread, I'll check it out

9. LM_Akira

Well heres what I found:

Yoho(MC)>p>shrm>DJK gives 93 needs LW open
    Yoho(MC)>shrm>AS3 gives 83 up to the ground punch needs LW closed
    Yoho(MC)>p>shrm>shrm gives 84 MW up to Kage closed all as quoted overleaf

Meaning the best stand alone Akira combo I can think of in evo is

Yoho(MC)>p>knee>dbpm 97 damage LW closed

10. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    97 just for landing a yoho. Gotta love Akira. That's a true knee right?

11. Akira_Zero

Akira_Zero Well-Known Member

Just an addition: A slightly easier combo that still does 97 on LW without having to watch stance would be yoho, p, yoho, dbpm. Yoho, p, knee, dbpm isn't stance dependent either. The timing is very tight but it is doable in open stance. Edit: Oops I meant doable closed stance.

12. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    Cool, combos without knees in are always good lol. I respect anyone who can pull his knee out regularly because I just can't. I think I've only done it 15 times in my life and in a combo? Yeah right.

yoho - p - yoho - dbpm is the combo I use on lightweights, I don't really check damages though and I was pretty sure someone would have something stronger than Akira.

13. Faded

Faded Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Elite said:
    ...and I was pretty sure someone would have something stronger than Akira.

[/ QUOTE ]

The jeff combo creed and i both posted does more damage.

14. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    On Evolution?

15. Faded

Faded Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Elite said:

On Evolution?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. 102 points in evolution.

FYI neither the stance PK or the ffPK hit throw were in version C.

16. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Yeah all akira combos should involve true knee, better refloat power and hits very low to the ground. K+G can hit in a lot of situations where true knee can, but you'd only want it for the last hit of a combo.

I lied for jeffry, he can do stance P+K to start a knee combo, with very tight timing and an interrupt with the stance P+K. The stance P+K --> knee --> P --> headbutt --> pounce is a chunky 122 if they fail to tech roll the slam (which takes timing). Even if they do TR, it's 97. Vs. lightweights you can maybe squeeze in one more jab, I haven't tested.

I also have a cute 107 combo, no TRs or weaselling out of it, using a similar setup.

17. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    Yeah the fact that he didn't have those moves should have given it away eh? lol

18. GTO

GTO Well-Known Member

mm, speaking of slams, i don't know if this combo for akira has already been posted somewhere out there but here we go (for jacky's weight and everyone below): [3][3][P] (need MC) ~ [P] ~ [3][3][6][P]+[K] ~ [4][6][P]+[K] (slam, needs great timing to tech-roll) ~ tiny dash, [3][P] if done correctly takes about 96 or 94 damages, forgot which.

note, for jacky this combo takes super precise timing or else [4][6][P]+[K] can be tech-rolled.

19. Aoi_Mei

Aoi_Mei Well-Known Member

Interested in powerful shrm combo?
    Heard it from Gazza.
    Shrm--[6_][P]--yoho--dbpm, 94 damage. Should work on Pai, Aoi, Vanessa in both stances. [6_][P] must be done on closed foot position, in open just [P] is enough.

97 damage also yoho-stpm-shrm-dbpm, closed, against Aoi, and Pai.

Useless, but Yoho-[P]-[3][K]-dbpm 92.