1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

***The most UNBALANCED character***

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Mysterious_Red, Jan 14, 2004.

1. Mysterious_Red

Mysterious_Red Well-Known Member

i'd pick Lau..he's offensive alright, and most of his moves are extremely easy to do, and extremely damaging /versus/images/graemlins/mad.gif...i guess he does have weaknessess though /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

2. LM_Akira

LM_Akira Well-Known Member

None since all the chars in VF 4 evo have strengths and weaknesses. This is why there are high level players of all the characters and just not Jacky say, or Lau or whoever for example.

btw Laus combo

[4][6][P] > [P][P][P][K]

isn't "easy" to do and his moves aren't necesarrily that damging but his combos are.

3. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

Most of all they require you to read stance.

4. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

There's balance, and then there's Lau.

Am I rite?

5. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

Jeffry is just a weak ass joke, and dural is not a character.

6. ValeStyle_Gove

ValeStyle_Gove Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Dandy_J said:

There's balance, and then there's Lau.

[/ QUOTE ]

You quoted me didn't you dandy? C'ept i was refering to pai /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif I dont nessisarily think she's not balanced, she's just overpowered, and yes, Lau is easy to play but hard to play pro vs pro in later stages.-

Am I right?

7. KingofcarnageVF

KingofcarnageVF Well-Known Member

Every char has + and -. Some annoy me, Pai, Lion, Lei, and Brad. Some piss me off, Lau and Vaness. Being an Akira player I respect him. I also play Jeff and Wolf but I fear them the most! Massive damadge by minimum moves. 10 second rounds are common

8. Dandy_J

[ QUOTE ]
    ValeStyle_Gove said:
    Am I right?

[/ QUOTE ]

dude u r so rite

9. Neonomide

Neonomide Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Neonomide
    [ QUOTE ]
    Srider said:

Jeffry is just a weak ass joke, and dural is not a character.

[/ QUOTE ]

A couple of fast attacks and a few more non- counterable moves and moves that put him at advantage and he is a killer. Don´t mock Jeffry!!! /versus/images/graemlins/mad.gif

PS: Goh Sux...

10. SenoB

SenoB Well-Known Member

You is teh suck!11!!!!! Jeffry is pitiful! Goh is da rulez!

....you know we're talking about the characters AS THEY ARE. If you gave anyone some uncounterable moves they would be good.

11. LM_Akira

12. Dandy_J

Re: Jeff and Goh

Looks like need some sarcasm tag action around here.

13. LM_Akira

I KNOW they were being funny but I was waiting for a backlash from other players who were taking them seriously.

14. Shoju

Shoju Well-Known Member

The chracters aren't perfectly balanced and some definitely have some easier to abuse things then others. There are high level players for every chracter but for some there are alot less then others.

15. LM_Akira

Character balance

I never said they WERE perfectly balanced, however compared to other fighting games, the balance between characters is very good. If someone is abusing something when playing you and you keep falling for it its YOUR problem not theirs.

16. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623

[ QUOTE ]
    Dandy_J said:

Looks like need some sarcasm tag action around here.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of my peeves around here lately is when forum regulars take the new comers for a spin. They see a thread they don't like, but they post in it anyway pretending to go along, but are really taking the piss out of the poster.

The new comer, and other similar posters, read this and take it seriously, confusion ensues, and well... turns out to be a bigger waste of time and energy than it should have been in the first place.

It's no wonder why outsiders sometimes see the regulars here acting elitist, particularly in the way they respond to new comers.

Just venting.

17. Shoju

Shoju Well-Known Member

Re: Character balance

[ QUOTE ]
    LM_Akira said:

I never said they WERE perfectly balanced, however compared to other fighting games, the balance between characters is very good. If someone is abusing something when playing you and you keep falling for it its YOUR problem not theirs.

[/ QUOTE ]

No some things ARE easy to setup and use but difficult to get out of. Lei Fei's [3][3][P] mixups for instance. ETTE is useful but he can always use [2][K]+[G] or delayed throw or attack to beat it or set up another guessing game. For some reason (depspite everything he has) Akira was given the best evade attack in the game and his can get him out of of Lei's [3][3][P]/[P]/throw mixup with the same timing. Back to Lei, his IN stance [2][K]+[G] and [3][P]+[K] can get him out of disadvantaged situations so well even though they are risky.

There are a few other things as well (Lau's elbow mixups etc) but yes in general the game is very well balanced from what I've seen and no character is TOO strong or TOO weak it's just little areas here and there.

Anyhow it's interesting to see discussion on how the game could be fine tuned instead of saying everything's fine as it is.

18. Dandy_J

[ QUOTE ]
    Myke said:
    Just venting.

[/ QUOTE ]

looks like somebody has a case of the mondays

19. Neonomide

Neonomide Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Neonomide

[ QUOTE ]
    Myke said:
    It's no wonder why outsiders sometimes see the regulars here acting elitist, particularly in the way they respond to new comers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Things go just the way I thought they would, sooner or later. There really are some people who now like to waste their time by screwing with beginners -> not good for the sake of mankind. I am already the unofficial troll king of Finland, but still would feel like a stupid jerk if I went on doing that on international forums. My credo isn´t just for laughs, you know... *OUT* /versus/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

20. LM_Akira

Re: Character balance

Hmm yeah tuning of characters...

For my money I would be glad if Akira had one or two more half circular/circular moves. SPoD and DFS are useful but so many of his moves are linear and can simply be dodged /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif. I for one do not want to change the character he is and if he did all of a sudden get canned [P] combos and lots of fast circulars (c.f. Pai for example) it wouldn't be Akira any more. However one or two new moves would be nice.

For characters with strong throws (say Goh, Jeff and Wolf) I might like some throws to be a little weaker (as might everybody /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif). A mistimed/wrong TE can be very painful against these characters, though I can appreciate that it is part of their game.

The only one thing that frustrates me is the number of guaranteed light down attacks characters have after certain moves or throws. Its like you're being punished in the first place for not defending the move and then again after the move has been done. I know its not a lot of damage but Sarah and Lau are prime examples (I think) of characters who can (seemingly) get light down attacks in all the time which I find frustrating.

Ultimately though I'm happy to play evo as much as possible until the next VF comes out /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif.