1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

***The most UNBALANCED character***

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Mysterious_Red, Jan 14, 2004.

1. Neonomide

Neonomide Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Neonomide
    Re: Jeff and Goh

[ QUOTE ]
    Aeon said:

Excuse me:
    I just wanted to point out that Jeffry is indeed a weak ass joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

That´s BS. Jeff can eat you. (if you are not Shun, Pai, Sarah...) Jeff´s wall game is hot, his throw/ mid-range game is hot, he can do 70 damage from a side throw for godsakes!!! So is his [P]+[K], [P] and threat stance options. Sure, some sabakis, more throw damage and speed would make him more noob-friendly (ie for you /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif, but let´s face it, how many of you would really be happy if someone like Jeff could kill always anyone? I thought so... /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

2. KingofcarnageVF

KingofcarnageVF Well-Known Member

Dude Your avatar, is that Jerry Garcia?

3. Neonomide

PSN:
    Neonomide

It´s Fei Fong Hong from Xenogears. Damn you if you tell to those I ripped it from! /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Oh, my beard grows actually very slowly, btw...

4. Mysterious_Red

Mysterious_Red Well-Known Member

im having some probs ppl...k, first of all--this is about me NOT YOU.

here's the prob, -- i seem to be abusing goh's strong throwing game, when i ever i get a guartee throw, or an advantage after [2][P], i always go for [8][7][4][1][2][3][6][P]+[G] (70 damage /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif), and [4][1][2][3][6][P]+[G], also [6][3][2][1][4][P]+[G] 65 both) and really piss the living *bleep* out of everybody...i always switch between these three randomly so you can never guess /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif, give me a remedy, thx.

what can i do to get over this acursed addiction???

5. LM_Akira

LM_Akira Well-Known Member

errr just get your opponet to do DTE: [6][P]+[G], [4][P]+[G] everytime. You don't NEED to guess if your opponent understands what throws you "always " go for as you put it.

6. Neonomide

PSN:
    Neonomide
    Jeffry is an overpowered bastard. Did anyone notice (or am I just hallucinating) that [8]+[P] is guaranteed after [4][6]+[P]+[G] sidethrow. I know that [3]+[K] is guaranteed, but Quest/Arcade enemies never techroll out of it and thet never seems to happen in free training either (haven´got a pal to wiggle sticks in 2P at the moment).

My point is that Jeffry can (in my knowledge) do guaranteed (70+25) 85 damage from sidethrow. i know that standard [P]+[G] throw is [3]+[K] escapable. Another Jeffry point is for me is his insane wall/ringout-games. I know Jeffry can ream his opponent with [1]+[G]+[P] throw when in right distance ([6][6]+[P], [P], [2]+[G]+[K] is guaranteed) and [4]+[G]+[P], when wall is close to Jeffry´s back, can give him some 70+ damage combos. Otherwise pretty pointless [4]+[G]+[P] also grants Jeffry some nice okizeme situations with [6][6]+[K] and low throw guessing games. Overall I think that Jeff is better used in middle range, when poking is not so hot from those petty ticker hookers (Pai, Sarah). Jeff´s underused new [P]+[K][P] is an awesome option to create some gap between enemies and his low punch-killers [2]+[P]+[K] and [4][3]+[P]+[K] can really come to great effect in middle range. Dare I say that his new(?) [3]+[G]+[K] is also a great okizeme tool. I know that un-delaybility of [3]+[P][P] kinda suck and I still haven´t got found out situation when it´s best to use the [1]+[P]+[K] whacking attack, as it forces opponent to enter low-throw-escapes. It can be always followed by [P][K] too, I think.

Only real suckers in Jeff´s strategies seem to be that his [4][6][6]+[P]+[K] floater is throw counterable (WHY?!), his throws are a bit too weak (också too situation-specific, especially when compared to Wolf´s, ugh!) and his evade-killers are suck to the other way with that boring [1]+[K] and high hitting [6][4]+[P] (meaning some crusifical stance-shifting must take place, even though he is no Jacky). Also I dislike the thing they did to his [2]+[G]+[K], Jeff´s low game feels too limited now, his ground throws suck, so players are forced to whore with pounces and down attacks to inflict damage from [4]+[P] and such. Still, Jeff can own most people in right hands, nobody likes to get hit by [4][6]+[P], [K][K][P] anyway... /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

7. pkg_inc

pkg_inc Well-Known Member

sorry, sorry, sorry
    [ QUOTE ]
    också too situation-specific

[/ QUOTE ]
    LOL /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

just had to mention it

8. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

Well Nordic Countries rockar fett lr hur? /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    My point is that Jeffry can (in my knowledge) do guaranteed (70+25) 85 damage...

[/ QUOTE ]

What's wrong with this picture though? /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Btw, Yeah - Jeff is overpowered. I play Brad. Let's build a club. Hulk smash.

/KiwE (Can Dural come too?)

9. Neonomide

PSN:
    Neonomide
    Oh yes, I think these fanclubs of Jeff and Brad might well get to the Britney Spears magnitude near in the future. It´s funny how I put earlier that 70+25 is 85. I guess Sega actually DID balance out Jeffry a bit for Evo (not that it was my typo anyhow... /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif )

10. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

some of you guys have no clue. jeffry is a great character with a lot to offer, you just have to know what your doing, just as the guy who wrote almost a full page on him said. i played jacky first, so i am no stranger to wanting easy moves and speed, but when you play jeff, you really have to control the fight. at the begining of most rounds opponents rush in with attacks, this is your chance to gain massive advantage at the start. first, if you scout your enemy so you know what attack they will use, then you can just take your pick from, back dash [4][6]+[P], [P],[P],[K]. (use this if they do a move that doesnt advance much and has a longish recover time, e.g. a shoulder ram from goh or akira). if you think they are going to do a fast attack or one that will reach you even after you have back dashed, then use [4][6][P]+[K], [8_]+[K]+[G]. the head butt will crush quite a few of these moves as it has evading properties and is too low for high strikes to hit.
    after that it its just a matter of waiting for them to leave themselves open to a huge [6_]+[K] combo. if they are a good player then you just have to force them into a [6_]+[K]/[P]+[G] guessing game by mixing up [2_]+[P] and [P]. then on the next round they will probably fear the same tactic again and block, just buffer in [4] before the round starts so that as soon as it does you can press[6][6]+[G]+[P]. if you get this right then you dash forwards straight away and get them with a back breaker. also if you make good use of his [P],[P],[G]+[P]+[K], then you can gain much damage. if you think they will attack or crouch then press[K] which crumples them and gives you a low throw. if you think they will block high then use[P],[6_]+[P]+[G]. this then sets you up for maximum damage.
    most of you people dont like jeff because you cannot just spam out attacks with no risk, almost all of his moves are throw counterable, so you have to be careful and make use of [P] and [2_]+[P] so that you can work in other moves. LM_Akira has seen me play as him so he knows i am not talking rubbish.

11. Mysterious_Red

Mysterious_Red Well-Known Member

for the last time i beg you, do not resurrect this thread,
    now with that said, bye /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif